Follow You Around - From 'These Paper Bullets' written by Billie Joe Armstrong

StuckWithDom

"Follow You Around," written by Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong, from the world premiere of THESE PAPER BULLETS!, a modish ripoff of William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, adapted by Rolin Jones, directed by Jackson Gay, Yale Repertory Theatre, March 14-April 5, 2014.

"Follow You Around" performed by David Wilson Barnes, James Barry, Bryan Fenkart, and Lucas Papaelias.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Rolin Jones wasn't kidding when he said the songs Billie wrote sounded "amazingly like [The] Beatles." This song is so eerily similar to "Please Please Me," it's not even funny. :blink:

Only the vocals sound like The Beatles. The music is more surf rock.

What is this, though? It sounds nice.

As a huge fan of both The Beatles and Green Day this project really excites me. Not a big fan of this particular song as it sounds too much like a Please Please Me ripoff. I hope there are songs like Last Night on Earth that sound way more authentic and more Beatlesque

Neat. Is this the only one we've heard so far?

Maybe Green Day will cover one of them live someday.

Yeah, this is the first one.

Wow! This really sounds so much like The Beatles.. but it's what makes the song sound so special. Love it!

I love how it sounds like the beatles, actually it kinda reminds me of nimrod too!

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. This made think of The Wonders off "That Thing You Do".

Green Day needs to cover this

I kept waiting for the dulcet tones of john..paul and george to start haha im definitely interested in hearing the other tracks

the first few chords reminds me of Extraordinary Girl..

and yes it's like the wonders "that thing you do" or some beatles shitty song

Reminds me a lot of Sweet 16... you can tell Billie wrote this song lol especially in the part "follow you around"..the melody is typically Billie's.. btw cute song... hope we will hear them sung by Billie some day..
I am feeling like a proud mama or something :lol:
Billie Joe Armstrong writing songs for a musical...wow!!!

Archived