Dirty Rotten Bastards

Joe Van Winkle

Dirty Rotten Bastards is a weird one for me. It starts off sounding like a sing along for pirates but when it picks up with the 'Juliana homicide, make my demons come to life', 'California's burnin' down' and that guitar solo, it's an orgasm for the ears. So good. Then it ends pretty weak.

I really wish they had gone with the title Crushing Bastards. I feel like it all would have tied in better. That, and Crushinf Bastards is a killer name.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish they had gone with the title Crushing Bastards. I feel like it all would have tied in better. That, and Crushinf Bastards is a killer name.

Crushing Bastards was Loss Of Control...

If they're making decisions based on album sales, they need to rethink things

Not really. They're giving the audience, who are mostly casual fans, songs that they'd most like to hear.

I'd love so much to see Billie singing that intro! Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

When deciding on a set list they have a couple of hundred songs to choose from and can only pick a few. Dirty Rotten Bastards is one of the couple of hundred that they didn't pick. Boo hoo :P

Not really. They're giving the audience, who are mostly casual fans, songs that they'd most like to hear.

Just because Mike made that off hand comment about one song it doesn't mean that's how they pick their whole set list though. We don't even have any indication that they particularly like that song or particularly want to play it. Sounds like he was just being diplomatic and making an excuse for why they haven't played a song that someone likes yet. If they really wanted to play it they would.

To complicated for Billie's skill.

And yet he managed to write and record it?

And yet he managed to write and record it?

Jason did that ;)

This is actually my 3rd favourite song on Tre. I remember Billy did say he'd hope to play it live, but it didn't happen anyway.

I always thought the crowd should start chanting the "Yeaaaaahhhhhh yeaaaahhhh" intro part when they are waiting for Green Day to come back out for their encore. Almost force them to play it!

I always thought the crowd should start chanting the "Yeaaaaahhhhhh yeaaaahhhh" intro part when they are waiting for Green Day to come back out for their encore. Almost force them to play it!

I think that's a difficult thing because is not everybody that likes that song, it would have a lot of others songs in the middle and it would prevail some big hit.

Frankly, I hope they do realise that fans like us do want it played (so hello Green Day, if you ever, ever lurk these boards), and to be honest I don't see why they can't. Missing You was played at Emirates at it looked like nearly the whole place knew it off by heart, so the whole 'album sales' thing is moot in my opinion.

Here's hoping it will be played in a future tour. I can see it now, being played in front a massive crowd in NYC. I would pay a fuckload of cash to see that.

Frankly, I hope they do realise that fans like us do want it played (so hello Green Day, if you ever, ever lurk these boards), and to be honest I don't see why they can't. Missing You was played at Emirates at it looked like nearly the whole place knew it off by heart, so the whole 'album sales' thing is moot in my opinion.

Here's hoping it will be played in a future tour. I can see it now, being played in front a massive crowd in NYC. I would pay a fuckload of cash to see that.

MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ would be the perfect venue!!!

MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ would be the perfect venue!!!

BRB, saving money for the next tour.

That would be awesome. If only more people knew the song!!

Anybody know, throughout Green Day's career, which songs took the longest time before they were included in a setlist?

It starts off sounding like a sing along for pirates

That's what I love about it! :lol:

It's the perfect song for the crowd to join in!

Billie Joe: Here's to all bloodsuckers sing along with me cause we don't say no SCREAM!!!

Crowd: 1 2 3!!!!!

I feel indifferent about Dirty Rotten in particular, but I wish they'd play more than the same few trilogy songs every show (a couple more from ¡Dos!, particularly). Even Kill the DJ or Sweet 16 would've been cool every now and then, I think. Amy and Drama Queen would've made for nice acoustic songs.

Not trilogy-related, but I really wish they'd drop Know Your Enemy and choose another 21st Century Breakdown song.

Like is for the spoilered bit. Personally, I'd be thrilled if they decided to drop it and add American Eulogy later in the set.

It's the perfect song for the crowd to join in!

Billie Joe: Here's to all bloodsuckers sing along with me cause we don't say no SCREAM!!!

Crowd: 1 2 3!!!!!

It really is, so many cances for the crowd to join in.

• 4 weeks later...

Dirty rotten bastards sucks, why would anyone wanna hear it at all? :P

I wouldn´t mind if they played it just for me, even if I was the only who loved this song. :P

Archived