Dirty Rotten Bastards

Joe Van Winkle

I really wish they had gone with the title Crushing Bastards. I feel like it all would have tied in better. That, and Crushinf Bastards is a killer name.

Crushing Bastards was the original name for Loss of Control....it's a lyric from that song.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, as you all may know, Green Day's 99 Revolutions tour is over, unless of course they have a few more club dates planned. Throughout the tour, they never played Dirty Rotten Bastards, not even once, so I want to hear your opinions. Could it be that Billie Joe found it too long and too fast to play live? (But, they've played Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming live many times!) Billie Joe even said once that this would be an arena sing along type song! Do you think Mike would be able to pull off that killer bass solo live?

holy fucking shit you're andy the nard dog bernard

They'll get around to playing it eventually, I really don't think it'd be a problem for them. Mike's an absolute badass bassist, and those solos aren't particularly hard. The solo sounds fairly comfortable for Jason, too. Billie always said Letterbomb was his favourite song to play live, but how many years did it take before they started playing it regularly? At the end of the day DRB is just one of many, many songs they need to play live more, so I don't really see why people focus on that one track specifically.

Archived