How often does Green Day mess up live?

Todd

That's quite a weird one, given that they could have used the recording from any other show of the tour.

Exactly. Plus, I'm sure the band stays in time, for the most part, from verse to verse so I'm betting they could have over-dubbed that part to fill the hole. But what do we know... nothing :) It's just my audio editing experience talking.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, I was just seriously asking if it really sounds as if it makes a difference.

It can make a huge difference, but most mess-ups won't be noticeable if you're actually at the show having a blast.

Am I the only one who just LOVES it when Billie forgets the lyrics? :lol:

But I can never tell the instrumental mess ups (unless they're too obvious). I wish I had a better hearing for that!

It can make a huge difference, but most mess-ups won't be noticeable if you're actually at the show having a blast.

True.

During Nuclear Family in 2012 Billie was doing a guitar solo and forgot he had to sing after it

Don't think that makes to much difference when Billie mess up or forget the lyrics there're too many damn songs :lol: but I don't like when Billie or Jason mess up the guitars sound because some times it's just a really bad noise that you can even define what song it's.
About Mike and Tre, I only can say that Mike's bass is the most awesome thing that I ever hear and Tre is best fucking drummer of the world :wub:

i don't really mind if they "mess up" a song or just the lyrics of it :)

in my eyes, billie joes mess ups took off in the trilogy era because is far as i can remember, there weren't that much mess ups during the american idiot and 21st century breakdown tour, according to the videos i saw

but that's probably understandable to me and doesn't reduce the quality of green day's live shows, these are awesome as fuck :)

I don't mind them messing up, they're only human and it's natural. What worries me is that lately, Billies been doing it a lot.

What worries me is that lately, Billies been doing it a lot.

Has he been doing it a lot more, or is it just easier to find mess-ups now?

Has he been doing it a lot more, or is it just easier to find mess-ups now?

well his vocals have certainly been off a lot more and his playing on the whole has seemed sloppier.

Mike and Tre are like a well-oiled machine, one of if not the tightest rhythm sections in the rock world.

Well as other people have said, the guy's are only human and everyone will make mistakes sometimes. If someone mess's up or forgets the lyrics it is quite obvious, but singing or playing the odd bum note, I don't think is that noticeable with all the crowd 'singing' in a completely different tune!lol! I don't think it would spoil a gig or anything. I just watched the vid someone posted of 'Let Yourself Go' at Reading. I mean I saw the guy's there last year, and I don't remember hearing Jason mess up, or thinking uhoh. I was more like 'arggghhhh' GD are in front of me playing new trilogy songs!!!Yay! (Yes people I like the trilogy)!! :lol::P

well his vocals have certainly been off a lot more and his playing on the whole has seemed sloppier.

Oh yeah, I forgot about his vocals.

I just watched the vid someone posted of 'Let Yourself Go' at Reading. I mean I saw the guy's there last year, and I don't remember hearing Jason mess up, or thinking uhoh. I was more like 'arggghhhh' GD are in front of me playing new trilogy songs!!!Yay! (Yes people I like the trilogy)!! :lol::P

Yeah, like I said, that's not he kind of thing you notice at the show. And I like the trilogy too. :P

Oh yeah, I forgot about his vocals.

Yeah, like I said, that's not he kind of thing you notice at the show. And I like the trilogy too. :P

Glad we can share some love for the trilogy! ;) (A bit off topic though on my part....ahemm !)

Does anyone remember or seen the AXS Live Green Day show that's for the 21st CBD tour? one of the non 21st songs they play is Longview and in the third verse he's like "I'm feeling like a dog in heat *laugh* but she don't like the one she's got'' that one was funny just cause Billie was so caught up in having fun with the crowd that he forgot what verse it was lol.

I think this is it ( My internet is too slow to watch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GohojZ6zOik

Does anyone remember or seen the AXS Live Green Day show that's for the 21st CBD tour?

I have that saved on my DVR :D

Thinking about this, and my large knowledge about live performances, I say that Mike very, but very rarely miss a note or forgets a song. Usually, wheh they come with a rare song, Mike is who plays it like he was playing all the time. I saw hin failing anyway in 99 Revolutions from the Summersonic Japan show in 2012.

Special mention to Jason Fresse. He is a crack.

Tré is also good, but he needs practice before going some songs. You can hear him the lack of practice in songs. Check Reading 2013 and watch Having a Blast, Eminious Sleepus or In the end.

Billie is by far who messes up the most. But think about that he is the showman too, so that multitasking sometimes takes its toll :lol:

Thinking about this, and my large knowledge about live performances, I say that Mike very, but very rarely miss a note or forgets a song. Usually, wheh they come with a rare song, Mike is who plays it like he was playing all the time. I saw hin failing anyway in 99 Revolutions from the Summersonic Japan show in 2012.

Special mention to Jason Fresse. He is a crack.

Tré is also good, but he needs practice before going some songs. You can hear him the lack of practice in songs. Check Reading 2013 and watch Having a Blast, Eminious Sleepus or In the end.

Billie is by far who messes up the most. But think about that he is the showman too, so that multitasking sometimes takes its toll :lol:

where does Mike mess up at Summersonic?

Billie jacked up the beginning of 99 Revolutions at the Marquee and it was literally the cutest thing! :wub:

I remember at Summer Sonic on 99 Revolutions Billie comes in too early with the vocals towards the end, and you hear tre slightly slow down.

Not to mention the beginning of Waiting live from Reading 2013.

The guitar was completely out of tune to the point that when the roadie came onstage halfway through the song to switch guitars (it was really unplayable) he smashed it on the ground instead. I was impressed he managed to make it sound any way decent to be honest.

I suppose they must a bit but I've never noticed it when I was at a show. And when Billie messes up the words he always handles it with such charming good humour that it's never a negative :D

I haven't noticed anything wrong with his vocals or playing. It's never been "perfect" and I don't think it's any worse now.

Archived