How often does Green Day mess up live?

Todd

I always do that!!!

I wrote a song for the name of the human bones so I could remember them when I was 12 and it worked! I still remember that :lol:

If I did that with Green Day I'd end up with the wrong words.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they don't care of mess up here or there, they are more worried of make everybody have an amazing experience in their shows.

I think they don't care of mess up here or there, they are more worried of make everybody have an amazing experience in their shows.

I don't really care if they mess up or not. If I wanted to hear the album perfectly I would stay home and listen to it. If you I to the concert you re there for the experience.

I don't really care if they mess up or not. If I wanted to hear the album perfectly I would stay home and listen to it. If you I to the concert you re there for the experience.

That's my point of view

Except he isn't messing up a lot more. He's always messed up sometimes, the amount hasn't changed. Not that we'd be able to draw that conclusion as to why even if he was messing up more since we know nothing about his personal health issues, plus it isn't our business anyway.

I suppose. There are a lot more "documented" mistakes this time around though. Just trying to add something to the thread.

That's my point of view

Thank god someone understands! I'd rather have an awesome, unique show than something that everyone has seen a thousand and one times.

I suppose. There are a lot more "documented" mistakes this time around though. Just trying to add something to the thread.

Not really, Green Day just toured recently, so people remember these recent examples better than when they saw them in 2005 or 2009

Not really, Green Day just toured recently, so people remember these recent examples better than when they saw them in 2005 or 2009

That's something that has to be taken in to consideration to.

I can really only remember one time that Billie fucked up when I saw them. Even so, they could have messed up and I just wouldn't have noticed. Too much excitement and being caught up in the moment.

A lot of the time it's difficult to notice when a band mess up when you're seeing them live, mainly because you're taking the whole experience in and can't watch it back. Speaking from first hand experience, it's absolutely insane what you can get away with when playing live without people noticing. These days it's easy to pick up on bands messing up, given the rise of camera phones, YouTube and the internet in general. That said, I'm not crazy enough to say Billie hasn't been messing up more live lately. It's just that it's very easy to be made aware of it, whereas in the past, even as recently as 10 years ago, there weren't so many opportunities to pick up on it.

Never thought of it that way to be honest. Anyway, they were whip tight in Nimes when I saw them so I can't really complain about anything.

You should write songs about the dates :P

You always suggest writing songs about school stuff :P

That's only the second time I did so

Do it again so I don't feel dumb, then :P

A lot of the time it's difficult to notice when a band mess up when you're seeing them live, mainly because you're taking the whole experience in and can't watch it back. Speaking from first hand experience, it's absolutely insane what you can get away with when playing live without people noticing. These days it's easy to pick up on bands messing up, given the rise of camera phones, YouTube and the internet in general. That said, I'm not crazy enough to say Billie hasn't been messing up more live lately. It's just that it's very easy to be made aware of it, whereas in the past, even as recently as 10 years ago, there weren't so many opportunities to pick up on it.

Yes!

Most of the live footage and audio I've seen/heard from the trilogy tour has been pretty awesome. Haven't noticed much of a difference in all honesty, Billie has always been prone to mistakes. It happens. I still have yet to witness this awful version of JOS that everyone keeps talking about though . .

Most of the live footage and audio I've seen/heard from the trilogy tour has been pretty awesome. Haven't noticed much of a difference in all honesty, Billie has always been prone to mistakes. It happens. I still have yet to witness this awful version of JOS that everyone keeps talking about though . .

I'm scared to hear it as JOS has always been a special song to me.

It really isn't bad, he just misses his cue.

That's it? That's really not that bad.

That's it? That's really not that bad.

I think JOS gets picked on because it's the most obvious example. That whole show was full of missed cues and wrong lyrics, and it's exaggerated by the fact we've come to expect so much more from Billie.

I think JOS gets picked on because it's the most obvious example. That whole show was full of missed cues and wrong lyrics, and it's exaggerated by the fact we've come to expect so much more from Billie.

After all this time we should expect the best from him. Even if it's not what some of us, me, would prefer.

That's not bad at all. What are people complaining about? Billie seems worn out and tired but is still trying to give it 100% and he rocks it. People need to lighten the fuck up and just learn to enjoy the music.

From the American Idiot era:

Once during Jesus of Suburbia, Tre starting playing the drum lead-in to 'I Don't Care' from 'City of the Damned' a whole chorus/verse early because Billie sang the wrong lyric (the one that does lead to the next part) but rapid head-shaking from Billie and Tre quickly recovered quite smoothly. This was on a talk show or special event rather than a GD concert or festival.

Another smaller 'mistake' was during one of the AI album songs, Tre started too fast and Billie gestured with his hand slowly lowering behind his back to slow down. Subtle, and is quite normal in bands rather than a mistake.

There were videos of these two shows somewhere on YouTube back then but I can't for the life of me find them now.

That's not bad at all. What are people complaining about? Billie seems worn out and tired but is still trying to give it 100% and he rocks it. People need to lighten the fuck up and just learn to enjoy the music.

Agreed. And people act like he hasn't always messed up from time to time.....he used to play shows totally wasted and make all kinds of mistakes. Who even cares? It's a fun punk show not a music exam.

Have you heard JOS from the Dreamforce show? Tales from another broken home gets butchered at the end

Archived