How often does Green Day mess up live?

Todd

We all know Billie messes up lyrics a lot, but what about when Green Day performs their usual hits? Do they play them perfectly every night? I thought this could be a great discussion. Who messes up the most? Which member doesn't mess up? Etc.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it funny. It makes it not too perfect and I like it.

And I like because I'm sure I know the lyrics better than Billie :P

I'm sure they all make plenty of mistakes but the vast majority of fuckups are not noticeable to most people and don't affect the success of the song. Sometimes I'll notice either Jason or Billie messing up on solos or coming in late. Or Billie messes up when he's "improvising" on solos but then I guess it doesn't matter because it wasn't originally part of the song.

I like it when they improve city names and stuff like that

Mike and Tre are incredibly tight, they very rarely mess up. The Jasons are incredibly reliable too. The same was true of Billie until relatively recently, but at Reading he messed up so many times I lost count. Most notably in Jesus Of Suburbia.

Mike and Tre are incredibly tight, they very rarely mess up. The Jasons are incredibly reliable too. The same was true of Billie until relatively recently, but at Reading he messed up so many times I lost count. Most notably in Jesus Of Suburbia.

Did he fuck up the lyrics, or his guitar playing? I wonder what happened.

And I remember seeing a video of him performing "Castaway" and messing up and laughing about it.

Did he fuck up the lyrics, or his guitar playing? I wonder what happened.

Guitar playing on JOS, he missed his cue at some point. He fucked up the timing of the lyrics on Having A Blast as well.

Guitar playing on JOS, he missed his cue at some point. He fucked up the timing of the lyrics on Having A Blast as well.

How DARE he mess up on a NINE-MINUTE song? XD

Somebody (probably Billie) fucks up on guitar in the BIAB version of Basket Case at about 1:55 in

At the Dreamforce show, he messed up the beginning of 99 Revolutions, beginning of Angel Blue, and one of the "I leave behind this hurricane of fucking lies" parts got butchered on guitar.

When they played in philadelphia last april billie forgot the lyrics of the first verse to holiday

In Awesome As Fuck when playing "When I Come Around," either Billie or Jason mess-up during the second verse because the guitar track gets summed to mono for a few seconds, then back to stereo. Nice bit of editing there :)

In Awesome As Fuck when playing "When I Come Around," either Billie or Jason mess-up during the second verse because the guitar track gets summed to mono for a few seconds, then back to stereo. Nice bit of editing there :)

That's quite a weird one, given that they could have used the recording from any other show of the tour.

Did Mike hit a wrong note in the intro to Longview on BIAB? I was listening to a live Longview this morning and noticed something sounded wrong on it, but not sure what show it was.

Jason White messes up from time to time. He messed up on the Holiday intro on Good Morning America 2012 and the Let Yourself Go solo at Reading 2013.

When they played in philadelphia last april billie forgot the lyrics of the first verse to holiday

That was hilarious. :lol:

Does it make a difference if they mess up or not? Wouldn't the performance still be awesome anyway?

Does it make a difference if they mess up or not? Wouldn't the performance still be awesome anyway?

No one was complaining. It's just interesting to hear/see these things.

No one was complaining. It's just interesting to hear/see these things.

I know, I was just seriously asking if it really sounds as if it makes a difference.

Archived