Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
lizziebix

May the IVth GDC Regulars Club be with you...

o_O

i have an account on an Evanescence Forum, and my username has my first name on it, but nothing else.

Sleeper Agent.

My email address is the only account that I use my name on, well, other than Facebook. Other than that my usernames don't have to do with my name, the closest one I have is a nickname that I have as a username.

• Like 1

o_O

i only like i said, only time real name or full name is used, is legal documents and FB/Emails...

it's not like im paranoid or anything.

Eva

How anonymous do you guys like to remain on online forums?

It's very un-typical of me to share my real name/FB info on a forum, but GDC just feels like a safe place for me (for God knows what reason). I'm a part of a couple of other forums, but I always use different usernames and my level of involvement is wayyyy lower than it is on GDC.

I've never been able to get very involved in other forums. GDC has a pretty welcoming atmosphere when it comes to new newbies, so I felt okay with posting. Other forums I've tried to join haven't felt as welcoming and I'm a bit too intimidated to post. So yeah, I've never posted enough or hung around enough to be on a forum other than GDC for more than a week or so tbh. :lol:

Clean Cut Asshole

Hey, so what did I miss in the 3 days I wasn't here?

HolyHandGrenade

I have an account on @U2.com's forums, which I find to be a refreshing juxtaposition to GDC at times. First off, almost no one here posts about/likes U2, and second, many of @U2's members are older, which makes a much more intellectual and docile environment. You won't find a Ceadog or a RSB :P (my heroes, btw)

Eva

I have a lot of GDCers as friends on Facebook. My mom knows I spend a ton of time on here and that I've made friends so it doesn't really bother her that I'm friends with y'all on Facebook, 'cause it's not like I have my address on there or anything. My high school is up there so I guess you could stalk me that way but uh, please don't. :lol:

The one thing I'm always paranoid about is people outing me on Facebook though. I mean, everyone who knows me either knows I'm gay or suspects that I'm gay because of stereotypes...but the thought of my friends making gay jokes and stuff on a Facebook status or something freaks me out a lot because I'm not as out to some people as I am with others. Like, my friends from band, for example. I've never come out to any of them, but I'm sure that at least a few have gathered that I'm gay because of the things I say and books I read and all, y'know? But my bass captain is super homophobic so it makes me uncomfortable to think a friend could make a comment on Facebook that would let him know that I'm gay for sure and it would make the dynamics between us worse and...idk. It's just weird and I'm paranoid about that stuff. :lol:

Emilie

I was on another forum for a few years, it was pretty small. There were only about 10 regular posters? And most of the posts happened in that forum's version of Shenanigans. But I added one of them on Facebook so she knew my full name. Everyone else only knew me by my username. And I really shied away from posting opinions and stuff on there. Once in their anecdote thread I told what I thought was a funny story I heard about time travel in a book :lol: Next thing I had like 5 posts telling me what a stupid idea the story was. And I was like 13 at the time so that wasn't fun to have adults yelling at me about time travel

the forum ended up shutting down and restarting when the TV show the forum was for ended up sort of merging into a couple of other shows. So when the new shows started the forum shut down and started up again as a general forum for all of the shows. I'd go back but I have no idea what my username is.

i used to use an old GD forum, no idea what it was called and didnt have too many regular posters (it's since shut down) but i posted a picture on there once, on their version of the picture thread and got chewed out for how i dressed. they were so accepting. wankers.

andres is awesome and fixed my join date fuck yeah now people won't question my presence here :P

Backyard Skulls

If you see an inferna anywhere online there's a 90% chance it's me :lol:

It's kinda my online name, when I joined this pokemon forum I took the name of my then favourite pokemon and dropped some letters. I've been member of said forum (pkmn.net) for 7 years now holy shit.

I usually just use my online name on forums I'm a casual member of, but places like here where I've got to know people and they know me I say my real name. A few of my online friends know my second name, I don't think there's many people with the same combo as me so I tend not to share it :P

• Like 1

o_O

yeah, i will never use my middle name or last name on a forum name EVER :lol:

o_O

im also active on EvThreads, which only has like 850 members....

Eva

Y'know it never would've occurred to me that you weren't out to some people. You're always so confident here. :)

I'm confident about it online because I don't frequent or comment on websites that aren't gay friendly. I mean, I didn't start making jokes and posting about my sexuality on here until I found the Super Massive Acronym Club and talked to those folks a bit, 'cause then I knew that most GDC users are accepting (I've never actually had anyone on here say something rude about me involving my sexuality, except anonymous users on Ask.fm calling me a faggot. :P ).

Real life is a completely different story. I'd say I've only actually come out for real twice in my life, once to my mom, once to two or three friends in middle school. Since then I've just been outed. I haven't come out to anyone since I was 12. The few friends I came out to in middle school outed to me to everyone else (that was a horrifying experience :dry: ), I was outed to my youth group because someone who I knew in middle school but who had left before I "came out" came up to me and said, "So I heard you like girls now?" in front of the whole group. I'd only been going there for two weeks and I had just started high school. I ended up being out in high school because half of my youth group goes to my high school so it spread through them...So yeah, idk, I'm really really paranoid about people in real life talking about my sexuality because I just know that I'm going to get in a lot of trouble for it some day. Just feel like I'm going to unexpectedly have the shit beat out of me when I'm walking home from school or something because of it. And no matter how many times I explain it, no one seems to understand why it's not okay to make jokes about my sexuality to people I don't even know. I always get "But you do it!" and it's kind of like "Well yeah but it's my sexual orientation." pfft. So I act like I'm confident and that I want to be out and proud but in reality it kind of terrifies the hell out of me and I'm always scared that I'm going to be brutally assaulted in the halls when no one's looking.

• Like 1

Sonia.

Depends on the forum really, if it seems safe I use my name, if I'm not too sure I use a username not related to my name. I have a bunch of usernames on different forums, it gets a little confusing

• Like 1

Lone

Lone/Lonedini has been my go to on websites. As you guy can probably tell, I love sharing info about myself.

• Like 1

fukingcounterstrike

Lone/Lonedini has been my go to on websites. As you guy can probably tell, I love sharing info about myself.

Wait... you can actually make a post :huh:

• Like 1

Lone

Wait... you can actually make a post :huh:

Little rusty but I've managed to make one.

• Like 1

fukingcounterstrike

Little rusty but I've managed to make one.

OMG two now :woot:

Better slow down there, don't want to get too far head of yourself :P

Sleeper Agent.

Uh, I realised how unfit I am in terms of running. I haven't done much sport in about 3-4 years. And I do try outs for hockey and I end up being dehydrated cause it was really hot and well, I was playing wing and I used to play back/defender. This does not relate to the thread at all, but fuck, I thought I wasn't that unfit, barely lasted 20 minutes of running :pinch:

Dirntbag

Uh, I realised how unfit I am in terms of running. I haven't done much sport in about 3-4 years. And I do try outs for hockey and I end up being dehydrated cause it was really hot and well, I was playing wing and I used to play back/defender. This does not relate to the thread at all, but fuck, I thought I wasn't that unfit, barely lasted 20 minutes of running :pinch:

Ooooh field hockey or ice hockey? Imo, playing wing is much more running than playing back.

But I hate when this happens. You'll be feeling so great and then you'll try to do exercise and realize you've been getting unfit and your exhaustion threshold is much closer than you imagined... It can be quite demoralizing, but it's amazing how fast you can tone up again. Once this happened to me, my mom and I made a pact to go for a walk every evening and it's amazing how much better you feel.

o_O

i was wanting to play field hockey in high school (fall) swimming (winter) futbol/soccer (spring) but my state switched girls soccer to fall, and we suck anyways, but stuck to my swimming.

i was wanting to play field hockey in high school (fall) swimming (winter) futbol/soccer (spring) but my state switched girls soccer to fall, and we suck anyways, but stuck to my swimming.

football. :thumbsup:

i 'played' rugby for a couple years in school. basically, i was on the team and ran like fuck if i accidentally caught the ball but otherwise i hid because damn those big girls are scary. i was wanted for basketball/netball because of my height, but i was far too lazy to do it. fuck that man. but i took up roller derby a couple years ago, got pretty good at it. i got onto the teams training league to prepare to make it onto their A or B team, but had to drop it thanks to losing my job. but i'm starting back up again soon, pretty stoked :happy:

Lindsay

Never was a sporty person either. My parents had me try almost literally every sport when I was a kid and there was nothing I enjoyed immensely. :lol: I suppose my favourite would have to be volleyball, played that throughout junior high. Wasn't very good though. :P

Sonia.

I love sports, football is everything to me, mainly watching it but I play it, as well. I also play badminton