lizziebix

May the IVth GDC Regulars Club be with you...

o_O

Good to know I'm not alone in this!

Most of mine right now are the Aussie show threads and some of the current event threads. I tend to ignore most of the debates because I'm not always good at stating my stance on an issue. And then backing it up.

me neither. i try to stay away from debates, unless i have somewhat of a firm knowledge/stance on a topic.

Penguin Puffball

Good to know I'm not alone in this!

Most of mine right now are the Aussie show threads and some of the current event threads. I tend to ignore most of the debates because I'm not always good at stating my stance on an issue. And then backing it up.

This is extremely random and completely off topic but if you ever run into any members of Chicago Fire I will pay you large sums of cash to get autographs and send them to me :lol:

• Like 2

o_O

This is extremely random and completely off topic but if you ever run into any members of Chicago Fire I will pay you large sums of cash to get autographs and send them to me :lol:

let's send the whole cast crew and set of Chicago Fire to Ash... Let's start a donation pool :lol:

Penguin Puffball

let's send the whole cast crew and set of Chicago Fire to Ash... Let's start a donation pool :lol:

I would shit my pants and weep uncontrollably

• Like 1

lizziebix

If that should ever happen (the possibility is negative infinity) but if it does, I will heed your request! No money required. :)
  • Like 2

Penguin Puffball

If that should ever happen (the possibility is negative infinity) but if it does, I will heed your request! No money required. :)

Bless you, you're a wonderful human being

o_O

let's make a petition for Ash to meet the people of Chicago Fire :lol:

Eva

I would shit my pants and weep uncontrollably

Exactly what I would do if met anyone from the cast of Buffy, Orange is the New Black, or Weeds. I am very obsessed with all three shows and the thought of even meeting one of the actors makes me flip out. :P

• Like 1

o_O

i'd also feel the same (i'd shit my pants meeting the cast of SVU) or any of the Big Cats (though friends with one on FB)

cuz i get around yo

:P

lizziebix

Hi Cat. Between me and Liam there are a lot of restarts this week! Easy to miss one or two. Glad you found your way back to us! :)

o_O

Totally missed this new thread! :) I thought the old one was quiet. Hi again. :happy:

welcome back

Sonia.

Totally missed this new thread! :) I thought the old one was quiet. Hi again. :happy:

Welcome back :)

o_O

we're missing more of the regulars. they should come back :)

Mar

I'm also on Idol forums! :D But I never get out of the SYTYCD section though.

No shit!? I'm *~MarMar~* on there :lol:

I don't follow any threads. [/rebellion]

I don't either. I followed my concert thread, but that didn't matter since I would always post daily in it :lol:

Tubbie Head

No shit!? I'm *~MarMar~* on there :lol:

Hah I'm TubbieHead! :ga:

• Like 1

Tubbie Head

How anonymous do you guys like to remain on online forums?

It's very un-typical of me to share my real name/FB info on a forum, but GDC just feels like a safe place for me (for God knows what reason). I'm a part of a couple of other forums, but I always use different usernames and my level of involvement is wayyyy lower than it is on GDC.

Yeah, I'm the same, even on here I try not to share too much. But now I always use this username or similar 'cause I think if I don't I'll end up forgetting them all. :lol: Not that I join many forums, I'm only on this one, Idolforums and a Sims 4 forum. But GDC is my fav of course. :D

lizziebix

I use lizziebix around the internet a lot. But also have a couple of other anon names I use. I actually used my real name on a Chicago restaurant forum and someone from work saw something I posted. It felt awkward. And they won't let me change my name or delete the account to start over.

lizziebix

That's what I get the most paranoid about. I don't feel like I typically post stuff that would get me in trouble, but I still don't like the idea of certain people discovering particular views I hold and dealing with their questions and hostility.

I know. I felt really weird when he mentioned it. Had to go back and reread what I had written to be sure I was being a douche. (everyone on that site are so full of themselves for being the biggest foodies!) Which is why I asked to change my name or delete my account to which they said no to both.

Will be very careful with my posting on there from now on and definitely not use my real name elsewhere. I think I only use it on fb. Which I also hate.

klytaemnestra

i use the same username on most sites, but i only really post here, on ontd, and on amanda's forum (if i can remember my password). i have a different username for ontd and i mostly lurk anyway, but my comments are pretty anonymous. i've always felt comfortable here though wrt posting pictures and whatnot. i posted my full name in the last regulars club so obviously i give no fucks. tbf though i googled myself first and nothing really comes up and most of it's in polish, so.

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

I used to be extremely open on here, now not so much anymore but still much more open than anywhere else online. Though I'm only really active on here, facebook and tumblr. I use the same username for pretty much all accounts I have on sites everywhere (exceptions being GDC, Facebook and Tumblr :lol:), but most are just things I use rarely or places you need to have an account for to use it.

solongfromthestars

In the past I always used my real name and I'm still pretty open here, but yeah not as much as I used to be. I use my first name on Twitter/Instagram but with anything else that's not professional stuff, I tend to be more anonymous these days. I usually just pick a username that isn't super obvious and either don't share my real name or use a different one. There's just some things I'd rather people who know me didn't see/read even though they probably never will. Not because they're bad or wrong but just because they're personal or weird or whatever.

Mar

i post on ontd and use a different username but i share my twitter and instagram on there sometimes so it's not really anonymous. i'm a member of a couple other forums for downloading ebooks and shit like that but i've never actaully posted.

when i started my job, there was a whole section of training dedicated to how we're not allowed to post anything about work on social networks and it specifically mentioned online forums a bunch of times. as if i can resist the urge to share everything with gdc :lol:

One of my friends who used to work for Kmart got in trouble for this, so obviously Sears isn't fucking around :o

I mean, half of the people on my FB are people I've never met IRL :lol: I try and keep my Twitter and Tumblr not connected with my full name, even though I try not to post anything too controversial on there (mainly because I'm boring ... I do reblog some political stuff; maybe people wouldn't like how vocally pro-abortion I am, but there's not much on there I would be ashamed of owning up to). Overall, I'm just so boring that there's not much I talk about other than my fandoms and my cats, which are what I talk about IRL, too, so, yknow. On here, even, I don't talk about too much that should get me in trouble; even when I talk about work, I don't think I post anything majorly inflammatory.

So, I'm not an open book, but I'm also not someone who needs to hide a whole lot.

Penguin Puffball

I had to make a separate facebook account for GDC people because when I had everyone mixed together someone from here said "cunt" on my profile and my family flipped their shit at me so yeah

i post on ontd and use a different username but i share my twitter and instagram on there sometimes so it's not really anonymous. i'm a member of a couple other forums for downloading ebooks and shit like that but i've never actaully posted.

when i started my job, there was a whole section of training dedicated to how we're not allowed to post anything about work on social networks and it specifically mentioned online forums a bunch of times. as if i can resist the urge to share everything with gdc :lol:

where i work is the same. i got fired for doing exactly that. :P

i'm really open about basically everything on here. i don't give a shit. my family knows that i talk to a lot of you, and how we know each other, and they don't care. plus they aren't offended by swearing. i just have everything mingled together. way too much effort to split everyone up. really don't see the point in my situation

Sonia.

I don't mind saying stuff on GDC. There's some stuff I prefer to share with only a few GDC-ers who I talk to outside GDC, as well though