lizziebix

May the IVth GDC Regulars Club be with you...

lizziebix

WOO HOO! III hit 500 pages!! You guys ROCK!! So it's time to start again. Here are the basic "rules."

The May the IVth GDC Regulars Club be with you...it is for is regular conversation that doesn't fit in any other GDC threads, to make friends and get to know each other better.

The join rules are a little different for this club. In order to post, you must have a join date of at least one year prior to today. For example, today is March 6, 2014. If you joined on or before March 5, 2013 you're officially on the list. If you joined on March 7, 2013 or later, we'll be ready and waiting when you hit one year, and you're more than welcome to browse and read in the meantime.

What is this club for?
-Reminiscing about the not-so-old times on GDC
-Remembering that time you hung out in line at the 21CB show with other GDC'ers
-Finding out what became of those GDC'ers you were hanging out with, if they're not still around
-Anything else that's reasonably on-topic

Why one year?
Well, mainly because I think that's about the amount of time one would need to have created some GDC-related memories worth discussing here. Second, if people were allowed to join the minute they reached 100 posts and entered the Club Forum, there wouldn't be anything at all special about this club. The people posting here are the future GDC Veterans, those who have been around pretty regularly for a decent length of time.

Can GDC Veterans post here?
Sure, but keep in mind that this club is more geared towards the one-to-three-year crowd. (not really true anymore but it was in the original "rules" so it's still here.)

I created my account and posted a few times in 2008, then disappeared until 2011. Can I post here?
Not until one year after you started to really become active. This club is for people who've consistently been an active part of this forum, not for people who joined then disappeared or lurked for a long time.

I know a former GDC'er who was active for a long time then left. Should I invite them back to this thread?
If they joined more than a year ago and were active for at least a year before departing, sure. If they joined in 2007 or earlier and were active for a long time before leaving, refer them to the GDC Veterans Club instead.

What is this club not for?
-Excessive spam
-Bitching

There aren't as many Regulars disappearing as there are Veterans, but there are still quite a few people even from my time here who've disappeared. This club is designed to give those of us who've been around for a while but aren't quite geezers yet a place to hang out and talk about our experiences on GDC. If you fit that category and are reading this, jump on in and have fun!

• Like 2

Kayfabe

ayyyyy lmao

• Like 3

lizziebix

ayyyyy lmao

Congrats on being the first (after the OP) post in the new Club thread! :)

Anaïs.

So it begins.

• Like 1

Backyard Skulls

new club yay!

• Like 1

lizziebix

This is going to be fun to see everyone moving over here. Makes me so happy. :dance:

GreenDayBass

Well, hello. Am I qualified? :D

• Like 1

Kayfabe

Congrats on being the first (after the OP) post in the new Club thread! :)

I'm gonna follow that up with an actual useful post now :P

What is the deal with forums closing threads that get too long? I never actually understood it. What is so bad about a long thread, surely it's still navigated in the same way etc,

Clean Cut Asshole

NEW CLUB!

What is the deal with forums closing threads that get too long? I never actually understood it. What is so bad about a long thread, surely it's still navigated in the same way etc,

I think it makes the website shit itself or something...

• Like 1

GreenDayBass

I always thought it just make the site run faster on the server, which would make sense.

lizziebix

Well, hello. Am I qualified? :D

Of course. You've been around long enough to join us!

Something to do with opening long threads takes too long or how it affects the server. Not exactly sure. Just something that gets done with large threads.

Fresh starts are always fun.

what a dreadful title. damn you Star Wars fans! :P

GreenDayBass

Of course. You've been around long enough to join us!

Something to do with opening long threads takes too long or how it affects the server. Not exactly sure. Just something that gets done with large threads.

Fresh starts are always fun.

Yay! I've always wanted to join but heitated just becaue I wast sure, haha.

lizziebix

what a dreadful title. damn you Star Wars fans! :P

It's actually a reference to Mike's birthday. At least that's how I thought of it when I thought up the title. :)

btw...when's your 10k spam going to be? COME ON ALREADY!! :P

• Like 1

Penguin Puffball

Yay new thread

• Like 1

Mary711

Round 4. :)

• Like 1

Göta

ooh, not bad

i've just been a lurker in the previous three threads, so i think i'll try and join in a bit more for this one :happy:

• Like 1

HolyHandGrenade

Star Wars Day is officially on 5/4... geddit?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day

It's actually a reference to Mike's birthday. At least that's how I thought of it when I thought up the title. :)

btw...when's your 10k spam going to be? COME ON ALREADY!! :P

ahh well yes.. it's a very secretive & anticipated affair that :P

tomorrow, as I've bought a laptop and now have proper access to GDC & no post limit! :lol: well, tomorrow so long as a mod approves it for then :happy:

lizziebix

ahh well yes.. it's a very secretive & anticipated affair that :P

tomorrow, as I've bought a laptop and now have proper access to GDC & no post limit! :lol: well, tomorrow so long as a mod approves it for then :happy:

Hopefully I'll be around (if it's still open after work). And it's been mod approved. (Yeah, we discussed it!!)

WhatserKinx

Can't believe we ended up with the star wars title :rolleyes:

:P

Daddy.

Greetings!

• Like 1

lizziebix

Can't believe we ended up with the star wars title :rolleyes:

:P

Nope. It's a Mike Dirnt bday reference!!

Greetings!

Liam!! Hi! :)

Maddy.

i've never actually posted in these threads which is odd because i've been here for yonks

lizziebix

i've never actually posted in these threads which is odd because i've been here for yonks

Good time to start!