warning era

peppermint butler

saw this idea in the trilogy one. this is my favorite album and era. produced the best songs . thoughts?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that acoustic guitar is used so much in the album.

I like this record for several reasons:

* First: On Nimrod, the band started to "experiment" with the Green Day sound but Warning was the "Maximum expression" about it at that time. A new Green Day sound, so different to Dookie or Insomniac. More acoustic, less electric, more ideas, more instruments, etc.

* Second: The year it was release (2000) every pop punk band were "cloning" the "dookie sound". Green Day could do the same, but they had the balls to do SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Maybe it wasn't the right time or just it wasn't expected for the fans at that time.

* Third: Nimrod was the record in which has more serious issues about being adult, but Warning included some "social/political" statements

* Fourth: Good tour, better than AI era at least in my humble opinion.

* I liked the art related in this album.

For those reasons above Warning is in my TOP 3.

I really like this album. I like how they experimented and really showed how they grown musically from the nimrod era-. Waiting is my favourite song from the album. I can really only comment on the album though as I did not live through the era as a green day fan.

Warning will always have a special place in my heart. I thought Green Day had broken up or something after Nimrod and randomly saw the Minority video premiere on MTV after school one day. I remember being super fucking excited, and going to the mall immediately after school to pick it up on the day it came out. Blood Sex and Booze, Church on Sunday, Waiting, Misery . . the songs bring back so many memories. I miss when Green Day shows were just the 3 of them, dressed in the clothes they probably put on when they woke up, just rocking out. There was a lot less talking and a lot more music, and the setlists were great. Warning is probably the most underrated Green Day album, but is without a doubt one of the best. Big fan of the Warning era, that album was the soundtrack to my life at that moment in time.

Strong songs, brilliantly clever lyrics. Just love Warning.

I love this album. Deadbeat Holiday is probably my favorite. I wouldn't mind if Green Day returned to a more acoustic sound in the future.

I have always loved this album and I never understood why this album is so low on most people's list. My favorite song from it would have to be Deadbeat Holiday.

I love this album. Deadbeat Holiday is probably my favorite. I wouldn't mind if Green Day returned to a more acoustic sound in the future.

yeah I'd definaltely welcome it.

The harmonica on Hold On. :) That was great.

Yeah, directly taken from "I Should Have Known Better" by The Beatles, but anyway I love it too. :D

Warning is such a great album, I like his fresh sound, his use of many instruments as mandolin, harmonica, accordion,... and I think Mike's backing vocals are at their best. In my opinion, the slightly-overdriven-guitars sound on the Trilogy reminds me of Warning, but on Warning the result is way more successful maybe because there isn't this feeling of lack of power. Besides, I consider "Misery" as one of Green Day's masterpieces.

Some of the best times of my life or had during this era. The best sets I've seen the band play were from 200002. God, I still watch the video from Reading 2001 all the time. Probably my favorite Green Day performance

In a way, it was the end of an era; it was before the coordinated stage attire, before the concept albums (not that I don't love those), before the eyeliner. It was all so simple and fun.

But in some ways, it was also the beginning of an era. This was the album on which Billie really dove into the P-90/Les Paul Junior sound, never to look back. Cuatro had made his first onstage appearances with just a year before.

Warning featured in my opinion some of Mike's finest bass work. Every single song on the record is tied to a specific memory from my high school years.

The months and years leading up to this era were probably the darkest in the their career, as well. It might be the only time they ever came close to breaking up as a band. It was a strange time, but I'm thankful to have been able to experience it.

As someone else said, it's a great albums because as usual Green Day tried doing something else. Billie's lyrics were quite different opposed to anything else they did, and the acoustic guitar and harmonica were awesome. Billie said he needed to learn to play the mandolin for I think Misery. I could be wrong with the song though.

All of my Green Day Music is 320kbps cd rips, but Warning out of all of them has the best sound, mixing, volume, clarity... everything. All of the songs sound great

All of my Green Day Music is 320kbps cd rips, but Warning out of all of them has the best sound, mixing, volume, clarity... everything. All of the songs sound great

yeah same here, when I first bought Warning and ripped the cd to my iTunes, the sound was so much better than the other albums

Some of the best times of my life or had during this era. The best sets I've seen the band play were from 200002. God, I still watch the video from Reading 2001 all the time. Probably my favorite Green Day performance

In a way, it was the end of an era; it was before the coordinated stage attire, before the concept albums (not that I don't love those), before the eyeliner. It was all so simple and fun.

But in some ways, it was also the beginning of an era. This was the album on which Billie really dove into the P-90/Les Paul Junior sound, never to look back. Cuatro had made his first onstage appearances with just a year before.

Warning featured in my opinion some of Mike's finest bass work. Every single song on the record is tied to a specific memory from my high school years.

The months and years leading up to this era were probably the darkest in the their career, as well. It might be the only time they ever came close to breaking up as a band. It was a strange time, but I'm thankful to have been able to experience it.

200002? Are you from the future? :D

200002? Are you from the future? :D

Dafuq? When I typed that in, it was 2000-02.

After seeing this post i went back and listened to Warning. I think Hold On might be one of my favourite Green Day songs now. :D

Since everybody is slurping this album like I don't know what, I'll come by and say that I hate this album. Maybe not hate, but really dislike.

Archived