Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Thanks, yes, I traced the telephone number back, too, ´cause I was curious, what you guys were fooling about again. :D What I actually was asking for was the sticker Billie Joe put on his guitar. Was that a telephone number, too? Or another American foolish joke? ;)

I believe the sticker said 924 Gilman Street :P

I believe the sticker said 924 Gilman Street :P

Oh, thanks, I just read Gilman, but couldn´t really identify the rest respectively the meaning. :)

Oh, thanks, I just read Gilman, but couldn´t really identify the rest respectively the meaning. :)

It's this sticker but the colours are inverted

Gilman.jpg

• Like 1

I have a question (and sorry if there's a more specific thread I should be using). I saw a Billie Joe quote on Tumblr "life isn't pretty, but it sure is beautiful." And I can't find anything about when/where he said this. Does anyone know?

I have a question (and sorry if there's a more specific thread I should be using). I saw a Billie Joe quote on Tumblr "life isn't pretty, but it sure is beautiful." And I can't find anything about when/where he said this. Does anyone know?

I think it was during one of the Letterbomb speeches not 100%

Whaddya know, a Letterbomb rant I actually like. :P Actually, I kinda secretly like them all. :ninja:

I think it was during one of the Letterbomb speeches not 100%

It was. I think maybe one of the first when he came back from rehab? I remember watching the video.

Pretty sure it was the first of 3 small shows they did after rehab - if remember correctly he also said something about not feeling 100% comfortable. It was touching to see him feel that way. Also same show that he sung brutal love.

Is there any truth in the claim that Green Day settled out of court with Dillinger Four for $300,000 as a result of ripping off Doublewhiskeycokenoice with the American Idiot riff?

Is there any truth in the claim that Green Day settled out of court with Dillinger Four for $300,000 as a result of ripping off Doublewhiskeycokenoice with the American Idiot riff?

I have no idea, but that song sounds eerily similar to "Let Yourself Go," in my opinion.

• Like 1

I have no idea, but that song sounds eerily similar to "Let Yourself Go," in my opinion.

Same chords again, I believe.

I dont know if this goes here but...can someone explain if there's a meaning to the beginning to Extraordinary Girl? The opening just seems weird and out of place to me.

I dont know if this goes here but...can someone explain if there's a meaning to the beginning to Extraordinary Girl? The opening just seems weird and out of place to me.

They thought it sounded neat so they put it there. You can think of it as an intermission rather than part of EG if it helps.

• Like 3

In the musical they use it to allude to an exotic, trippy dream sequence involving one of the characters and a girl he meets... she's dressed in "Middle Eastern" clothing (disclaimer: not sure about the politically correct way to describe it, so sorry) as the music sort of implies. No clue about the CD though or its initial intent.

Does anyone know the exact prices for each form of Demolicious?

CD,

Vinyl,

Cassette,

Digital, (never mind fuck digital)

Im looking for supplier costs, how much each store has to pay to sell the item, don't go to amazon and find the price of a cd for sale ill slap the shit outa you. THANKS :D

If that's true then that's a good price. Maybe at that price I can get the Cd and cassette.

Does anyone know the exact prices for each form of Demolicious?

CD,

Vinyl,

Cassette,

Digital, (never mind fuck digital)

Im looking for supplier costs, how much each store has to pay to sell the item, don't go to amazon and find the price of a cd for sale ill slap the shit outa you. THANKS :D

Supplier costs aren't really public...

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic