Donation to help with costs Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott34

Foxboro Hot Tubs - 2014/03/14-15 - SWSX, Austin, Texas, USA

WhiteTim

I won't be going all the way to Texas on a chance I might get in.

Ahh well it goes to anyone who does lol

I was simply saying what my friend told me

norcalgreendayfan

Well I won't be able to go *sigh* I guess it is just not meant for me to see the FBHT live :(

captainjpeg

I saw them at southby last year and it was such an amazing experience. Also probably a once in a lifetime one considering it was all free. My mom and my sister didn't even win the contest and they just showed up and got wristbands that were left over, so we were incredibly lucky. I'm just confused though because the bandsintown app says that Green Day is playing Brazos and Stubbs, not Foxboro? I really wanna know. Their website says the same thing under their tour dates.

I'd die to see them play again but seeing Foxboro would be neat too. I'm not banking on getting in but like I said about my mom and my sister, it's possible.

Anything worth seeing at southby takes forever to get into anyway. We used to camp out there from 5 AM til noon and still not get in to shows. It used to be different. /:

halfempty

Cheapest flight from Jersey to Texas is at least $900. Enough said. :( Looking forward to more pics and videos though.

beejeezee

Well I won't be able to go *sigh* I guess it is just not meant for me to see the FBHT live :(

I feel your pain. :(

jose armstrong

Dammit. So I here reviving this account to ask, is there a chance I can see the Foxboro hot tubs? I will be in Austin for sxsw. I do not have a pass but can get in on certain shows. Plus, I doubt they'll only play as a showcased band. Any small club stop? I know bands that do around fifteen shows during sxsw

Fuzz

Dammit. So I here reviving this account to ask, is there a chance I can see the Foxboro hot tubs? I will be in Austin for sxsw. I do not have a pass but can get in on certain shows. Plus, I doubt they'll only play as a showcased band. Any small club stop? I know bands that do around fifteen shows during sxsw

I doubt Foxboro will be doing any extra shows. The are playing the 15th which is a free show, but both are 21+.

jose armstrong

Damn. my 21st birthday is literally a month away.

I'm still going to try to get in haha. I will be in the city anyway and this is too close of a call to miss them. Stubbs is normally pretty chill. Hoping for the best.

stich

anyone beign to record these shows? just like Oakloand's show last year

Tubbie Head

Just realised this is next week! OMG

Lindsey_gd89

My brother's work is sending him to this festival. So jealous! He is a green day fan but I doubt he knows about FBHT. He's a photographer and usually has free backstage access at these types of things, so I'm hoping he'll be able to go to their show to take pictures and/or go backstage

beejeezee

My brother's work is sending him to this festival. So jealous! He is a green day fan but I doubt he knows about FBHT. He's a photographer and usually has free backstage access at these types of things, so I'm hoping he'll be able to go to their show to take pictures and/or go backstage

I think I just decided my future career. :mellow:

Lindsey_gd89

I think I just decided my future career. :mellow:

I know right! It definitely seems to have a lot of benefits. Not fair :dry:

Hermione

Wow how insanely lucky! That's awesome.

Lu_S

I'm so jealous of your brother right now. :ermm:

iScottie

I'm not trying to knit-pick here, but aren't the members of Emily's Army under 21 lol?

Does it not matter or what that only people 21 or over are allowed in? (I seriously don't know the answer)

lizziebix

Isn't EA playing at a different venue though?

Lu_S

I'm not trying to knit-pick here, but aren't the members of Emily's Army under 21 lol?

Does it not matter or what that only people 21 or over are allowed in? (I seriously don't know the answer)

Daddy is going together :ga:

Not sure how it works in North America but I think that for perform they only need a consent of their parents.

AlissaGoesRAWR

What does your brother do?

WhiteTim

Rules are different for performers

Like they may only be allowed to stay backstage at the venue or even only be allowed in during their set

Im sure every venue is different but there was a club named Emo's in Houston and when a band played there and if they or a member of a band was under 21 they had to wait outside until their set started like Silverchair performed there and had to wait in their van until set time then had to leave right after

Lindsey_gd89

I'm so jealous of your brother right now. :ermm:

It's ridiculous how lucky he gets sometimes. He doesn't know yet if he'll be going to the FBHT show, he might be busy working other events within the festival. It doesn't seem like many GDCers are going so I'm hoping he's able to see them perform so maybe we can get some updates or pictures :) We'll see...

What does your brother do?

He's a professional photographer for a clothing company in CA. Sometimes they send him to events like this to take pictures of artists or bands that his company sponsors

AlissaGoesRAWR

It's ridiculous how lucky he gets sometimes. He doesn't know yet if he'll be going to the FBHT show, he might be busy working other events within the festival. It doesn't seem like many GDCers are going so I'm hoping he's able to see them perform so maybe we can get some updates or pictures :) We'll see...

He's a professional photographer for a clothing company in CA. Sometimes they send him to events like this to take pictures of artists or bands that his company sponsors

Sweet. My journalist friend got into SXSW for free last year. She moved to Texas for a job at a TV station just a month or so before it happened. I was so jealous of her, especially since she didn't take advantage of the opportunity to see Green Day, like I would have.

Someday I'll be a rich (ha!) and famous (maybe?) reporter and I'll use my job to meet Billie Joe, goddammit. :mad:

WhiteTim

Press/photographer passes dont get entry to every event at sxsw only selected ones

Tho they do let them skip the lines is a very very valueable thing to have

beejeezee

Press/photographer passes dont get entry to every event at sxsw only selected ones

Tho they do let them skip the lines is a very very valueable thing to have

It's still fun to hope and dream. :P

WhiteTim

It's still fun to hope and dream. :P

Oh trust me im not downplaying the press passes id gladly spend a couple thousand dollars for one if I was still up for sxsw