Donation to help with costs Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott34

Foxboro Hot Tubs - 2014/03/14-15 - SWSX, Austin, Texas, USA

WhiteTim

You mean the Rev is taking the night off and Billie's filling in? Lame.

Just kidding. I saw that, too, and thought it was weird that they worded it that way. Maybe they don't know that the rest of Green Day is also in the FBHT.

People may not know who Foxboro Hot Tubs are but they'd know Billie's name

jumpsalty

Where does it say that? The 'with billie joe armstrong' bit

Tubbie Head

I also laughed at the "with Billie Joe Armstrong" thing! Well, at least his name is spelled right!

Virtue

Signed up to Volunteer..anyone going to be there?..Maybe it'll be nice to meet some of you guys for once.

The Disappearing Boy

It's good to see that the dust of the Hottubs every now and then. I still need to watch the video of that show they did a few months ago.

beejeezee

I hope this might be the start of a little southwest Foxies tour.

alexandra_1039

This is an age restricted thing im guessing?

edit: nevermind, just saw it on the website. by the time I'm old enough to go to clubs the tubbies probably won't be playing anymore, lol.

Hermione

edit: nevermind, just saw it on the website. by the time I'm old enough to go to clubs the tubbies probably won't be playing anymore, lol.

On their mini US tour in 2008 some of the shows they played were all ages (still in clubs, just ones that allowed all ages shows). So don't give up hope!

WhiteTim

The sxsw one is age

I dont think the next day's is (as rudys is a bbq resturant)

Mary711

Great news, though I'm still confused on how to actually get tickets. How does it work?

WhiteTim

Great news, though I'm still confused on how to actually get tickets. How does it work?

You go to sxsw.com pay the 800 bucks you'll get a badge and wrist band

Or if u do the rudys bbq one you rsvp and just get there early and hope u get in

Mary711

You go to sxsw.com pay the 800 bucks you'll get a badge and wrist band

Or if u do the rudys bbq one you rsvp and just get there early and hope u get in

Thanks for clearing it up. :)

WhiteTim

Just got off the phone with my friend he used to be a booking agent with SXSW until 2011 he says

Venues will sometimes let non-wrist band/badge people buy tickets if the venue is not filled that they'll keep 1-5% empty (depending on the venue and how much they follow guidelines) to sell tickets to non-badge audience

He said if people are willing to risk to wait in line for hours you may be able to get in but said the wristband and badges will be in first and it's not a gaurented entry

So good news and bad news kinda thing lol

You might will be able to get into the sxsw show but probally not unless you are willing to take the risk of camping out for a result that ends up busted

He never worked Brazos under sxsw so he doesnt know if they do that or not so he doesnt want to promise that its the case or not

Virtue

21 and Over...

Must…Sneak into the BBQ one! haha..My friend (as well I) has been dying to see them,having missed their secret show in Austin, In November.

(He's also skipping Drum Corps practice just to do this, risking being booted out,that's how bad it is)

Any tips? :)

WhiteTim

21 and Over...

MustSneak into the BBQ one! haha..My friend (as well I) has been dying to see them,having missed their secret show in Austin, In November.

(He's also skipping Drum Corps practice just to do this, risking being booted out,that's how bad it is)

Any tips? :)

The bbq there is no sneaking in its a free event lol just rsvp and get there EARLY

desertrose

It's no secret that the guys in Green Day love SXSW -- they played there last year and also premiered their movie Broadway Idiot at the SXSW Film Fest. This year Billie Joe Armstrong and Company will return to Austin with their side project Foxboro Hot Tubs , who've been invited to headline Rachael Ray 's Feedback party, along with Blondie and CeeLo Green .

The Feedback party is one of SXSW's most popular bashes though it's free, open to the public and held during broad daylight at Stubbs' BBQ. Foxboro Hot Tubs, however, will be playing at the venue's small indoor room.

The event also traditionally features Rachael Ray's husband John Cusimano and his band Bob Schneider and the Cringe , usually joined onstage by ZZ Top 's Billy Gibbons . This year's Feedback party will be held on March 15.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

http://93rockon.com/news/articles/2014/mar/03/green-day-side-project-and-blondie-tapped-to-headline-rachael-rays-sxsw-bash/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

WhiteTim

Yep Stubb's is a good bbq spot they hold shows as well but small place not huge but the food will be great along with short sets by Foxboro and Cee Lo Blondie etc (the event is 10-4 with a lot of artists performing so im assuming Foxboro and rest wont have a full set)

Todd

Hoping for Fuck Time & Pieces of Truth

Virtue

The bbq there is no sneaking in its a free event lol just rsvp and get there EARLY

Only down side is we're both 17 :P

(Fyi,I did RSVP though..as a Press..for school)

Katarina.

Can't believe I didn't see this thread until now. Sure, the Foxies are playing a gig the week before my birthday. Why not. Wish it was somewhere a bit closer to where I live but hey, I love it they're still playing shows! :woot:

Alternative_Pnk

Awesome!! They'll be perfomring it again! But I heard they'll be on a hitaus after the tour in Australia!

Todd

Awesome!! They'll be perfomring it again! But I heard they'll be on a hitaus after the tour in Australia!

Just a short break like they do after every album. No big deal. Only for a year or two. But no doubt they'll come back with a new album or side project

beejeezee

Just got off the phone with my friend he used to be a booking agent with SXSW until 2011 he says

Venues will sometimes let non-wrist band/badge people buy tickets if the venue is not filled that they'll keep 1-5% empty (depending on the venue and how much they follow guidelines) to sell tickets to non-badge audience

He said if people are willing to risk to wait in line for hours you may be able to get in but said the wristband and badges will be in first and it's not a gaurented entry

So good news and bad news kinda thing lol

You might will be able to get into the sxsw show but probally not unless you are willing to take the risk of camping out for a result that ends up busted

He never worked Brazos under sxsw so he doesnt know if they do that or not so he doesnt want to promise that its the case or not

So just show up early and camp out?

WhiteTim

So just show up early and camp out?

Yeah but dont be mad if you dont get in as it's still not 100% promise you will

If you do camp out and dont get in dont post "fuck whitetim I camped out for 15 hours for nothing" lol

beejeezee

Yeah but dont be mad if you dont get in as it's still not 100% promise you will

If you do camp out and dont get in dont post "fuck whitetim I camped out for 15 hours for nothing" lol

I won't be going all the way to Texas on a chance I might get in.