Help us find GreenDay.com phone messages from 2001 - 2004

Liam

From 2001 through 2004 GreenDay.com posted regular phone messages from Billie Joe, Mike, and Tré. Unfortunately these aren't available anymore and most have been lost through the years and we want to find them.

At the moment we only have roughly 40 phone messages from Billie but are missing all of Mike and Tré's. There's roughly 100 phone messages in total which means we're missing over half of the messages.

Thanks to archive.org we're able to view the archive from GreenDay.com with a list of every phone message.

Below you will see a full list of the phone messages we do have. If you happen to have any that are not listed below, please send them to LiamGDC@gmail.com.

Hopefully with everyone's assistance, we will be able to find them all.

Click here to see the list of messages we already have.

I don't even reaaly know what we're talking about.

check out the ones we already have then. They're like the studio updates we got before the trilogy, they're just short audio messages posted on Greenday.com, some are songs, some are tour updates, some are just talking about current events and stuff. They're pretty cool

I think it's great you guys are reaching out looking for them. I always thought it was a shame they weren't saved and would love to hear them all again. I used to love going on their flash site and listening to them all. :happy: I still remember some of them. ~Catfish Noodling :P Hope someone out there's got them! Good luck

Maybe I'm a shit at technologies but I don't manage to play the messages.

Sorry guys, I surely can't help :P

Maybe I'm a shit at technologies but I don't manage to play the messages.

Sorry guys, I surely can't help :P

No offense, but you definitely didn't save any of them 10 years ago, so you can't help :P. Neither can I. Hopefully someone who did save them sees this thread though.

I highly doubt you will get all of them, but I'll be surprised if you get most of them.

Also: image cursors, fucking christ. I do not miss those. :lol:

I highly doubt you will get all of them, but I'll be surprised if you get most of them.

Also: image cursors, fucking christ. I do not miss those. :lol:

That image cursor is killing me.

Liam, what date is that page from? The one that I posted in that other thread was from Oct 28, 2003 but there might be a longer list at a further date. Did you look further to see the last archived page that they were up?

I remember there was one with Tre where he is perched in a tree outside of Kid Rocks house, and apparently rode there on a camel. It's hilarious. I used to listen to these all the time . . made me very very excited for the next album. Little did I know is it was still a long way away . .

At first I thought you meant those I already have... :lol:

For some reason never thought there would be Mike's and Tré's messages too, but now that I know I'm super happy but sad at the same time, because WHERE ARE THEY? :(

Sorry I'm not useful for the search, it's just that I don't know where to look =/

What a good idea! I've wanted to hear these for years, the Billie ones are great. Some of the others are so well known (like the haiku contest to win a fragment of Tre's knee bone that'd been removed in an operation for example) and sound like that must be so entertaining that surely someone must have them. Good luck in your quest, really hope someone has some of them!

There's one called Spike. Have you heard of it?

Actually...I'm pretty sure a piece of music in one of these messages ended up being reworked into Spike.

Actually...I'm pretty sure a piece of music in one of these messages ended up being reworked into Spike.

I don't know why everyone thinks What About Today is Spike.... it's a totally different song. Spike is only 10% a song anyways.

I don't know why everyone thinks What About Today is Spike.... it's a totally different song. Spike is only 10% a song anyways.

I don't think we're talking about the same song.

The first four chords here are what I believe became the verses in Spike. Disregard the rest of it, including the vocals and the fact that whoever posted it to YT refers to it as a Network song.

I think BJ just had an idea, put it down to tape, shared it and ultimately recycled that one riff for something else.

Edit: Holy crap, I hate posting from my phone. Can someone humor an old jackass and explain why The link doesn't show up in my post when I pasted five fucking times?

The first four chords here are what I believe became the verses in Spike. Disregard the rest of it, including the vocals and the fact that whoever posted it to YT refers to it as a Network song.

I think BJ just had an idea, put it down to tape, shared it and ultimately recycled that one riff for something else.

Edit: Holy crap, I hate posting from my phone. Can someone humor an old jackass and explain why The link doesn't show up in my post when I pasted five fucking times?

This song is hard to find on Youtube, but I know it's there somewhere. I uploaded it to soundcloud for everyone

https://soundcloud.com/todd409/green-day-what-about-today

I guess the main riff is the same.... That shitty band The Network probably stole the songs and re-worked them as their own, since they don't have enough talent to make good songs themselves. :P

This song is hard to find on Youtube, but I know it's there somewhere. I uploaded it to soundcloud for everyone

https://soundcloud.com/todd409/green-day-what-about-today

I guess the main riff is the same.... That shitty band The Network probably stole the songs and re-worked them as their own, since they don't have enough talent to make good songs themselves. :P

That's the song I was trying to link to, but I've never known it to be called What About Today. Anyhoo

That's the song I was trying to link to, but I've never known it to be called What About Today. Anyhoo

It wasn't given an official title, but you can clearly make it out at 0:42 in the song, and that's what people have been calling it

Liam, what date is that page from? The one that I posted in that other thread was from Oct 28, 2003 but there might be a longer list at a further date. Did you look further to sew the last archived page that they were up?

I originlly posted this link and its the latest one captured I tried them all and I tried every seperate archive date trying to find any old links that still work . Sucks balls.

That's a great bit of Green Day history.

Archived