4. Dookie

5. Nimrod

6. Dos

7. Kerplunk

8. Warning

9. 39/Smooth

10. Tré

11. Uno

And if you look at the Trilogy as just one album. Than it's dead last!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This list definitely needs surgery done on it. There is no way the trilogy is better tban 21stCB. Amercan Idiot needs to be moved higher and Nimrod should be #1.

opinions opinions no need to get worked up over it. I was intersted to see the reasoning behind it.

Mine goes (stand alone studio albums):

1) Kerplunk!

2) Dookie

3) Warning

4) Insomniac

5) Nimrod
6) 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

7) American Idiot

8) Uno!

9) 21st Century Breakdown

10) Tre!

11) Dos!

This list definitely needs surgery done on it. There is no way the trilogy is better tban 21stCB. Amercan Idiot needs to be moved higher and Nimrod should be #1.

I take back what I said yesterday, American Idiot should be #1.

• 2 weeks later...

My ranking of the albums, best to worst:

1. American Idiot
  2. Nimrod
  3. Warning
  4. Dookie
  5. Tre
  6. Uno
  7. Dos
  8. 21st Century Breakdown
  9. Insomniac
  10. 1039/Smooth
  11. Kerplunk

Love them all, but Kerplunk is definitely my least favorite. Beyond that one, it gets tricky. 1039 is good start for a band... Insomniac has one or two songs I tend to skip, but they aren't bad. 21st Century Breakdown is great, but I have to be in a certain mood for it, and it's gotten to be a rare mood for me. Dos has a few songs that while good, I usually skip. American Idiot, Nimrod and Warning are simply amazing. Nimrod is what got me into the band, Warning kept me wanting more and American Idiot was that more. Dookie is awesome from start to funny bonus track. Uno and Tre have a ton of great material, with a few weak spots like "Troublemaker" and "LIttle boy named Train". So, that's my list.

21CB isn't very good, but worse than the trilogy?!

I do really like 1039/Smooth now after extended listening, but to put it above AI is bizarre.

• 1 month later...

11. 21st Century Breakdown- Just kind of a weak record for me.

10. Tré- This album REALLY grew on me in terms of my personal life. I just think there are better Green Day studio albums. 9 to be exact.

9. Uno- I can see where people come from when they say this is like their older stuff, but... Kill the DJ, Troublemaker... Songs like that I just REALLY did not like.

8. Dos- Crucify me for putting above the other trilogy albums, but I just don't think this one can be beat by either of them. It has plenty of awesome songs for me like "Makeout Party", "Stray Heart", and "Lazy Bones".

7. Warning- Sure, it's folk. But I love the mature side to it. Songs like "Macy's Day Parade" mean so much to me.

6. American Idiot- It's American Idiot, who doesn't like this album. Not huge one "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and "Wake Me Up When September Ends", though...

5. 39/Smooth- You'll have to listen to these 10 songs to really like it. "At the Library", "Disappearing Boy", "Green Day", "Going to Pasalacqua", and "The Judge's Daughter" are just downright amazing.

Now, before I get to the next four, let me just say something.

I love these four albums so much, and I wish I could put them ALL at number one. But of course, I can't, so here goes nothing.

4. Nimrod- Again, much like Warning, a pretty mature album. But this wasn't folk music. Songs like "Reject" are just downright hummable.

3. Dookie- Before you kill me for not putting this at number 1... I JUST LIKE THE OTHER ONES BETTER!

2. Kerplunk!- This album is highly underrated. Pure raw, old, punk Green Day.

1. Insomniac- No, this isn't because the guy who made the article put it at number one.

THIS is the punk side of Green Day. Angry lyrics, AMAZING vocals, some of the best drumming I've ever heard from Tré Cool, Mike Dirnt's bass on "Stuart and the Avenue", just everything about this album is perfect.

Archived