Uproxx ranks Green Day's albums from worst to best

dudley dawson

http://www.uproxx.com/up/2014/02/ranking-green-days-albums-worst-best/

Thoughts? I agree with 21CB being last and AI being close to it, but that's about it. Warning and the Trilogy should have been higher, and no way Insomniac and Nimrod should be higher than Dookie. But I always like to hear other opinions on The Day, even when I disagree :) .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swap 8 and 9 around. And AI that low?! As for the rest, I largely agree, but Insomniac is nowhere near their best for me.

fixed that for you :)

Beethoven's 10th, inspired by a shitty list, coming never.

I wish people would stop classing AI as a political album. It's a story about self-discovery, containing about 2 political songs out of the 13. Sure you're going to be disappointed in it if you're expecting it to be something it isn't...

Thank you! And the reverse is true of Breakdown.

This is absolute bollocks and seems like a trolling attempt to me. Ludicrous and just... what. Hipster, really. I agree with Insomniac being number 1 but that's where it ends. Breakdown worse than Dos? I mean, what? They should have split the Trilogy up given that, yknow, they're different albums and Tre is far better than the other two.

Yeah also they said uno was the best of the trilogy? No. Any list like this which doesn't have uno at the bottom is just wrong.

Yeah also they said uno was the best of the trilogy? No. Any list like this which doesn't have uno at the bottom is just wrong.

Eh I think Uno and Tre are neck and neck, and Dos is right behind them. I would give Uno the slight edge here too.

Thank you! And the reverse is true of Breakdown.

This this is absolute bollocks and seems like a trolling attempt to me. Ludicrous and just... what. Hipster, really. I agree with Insomniac being number 1 but that's where it ends. Breakdown worse than Dos? I mean, what? They should have split the Trilogy up given that, yknow, they're different albums and Tre is far better than the other two.

Ok Insomniac is a great punk album but the best Green Day has made? Cmon now

I do consider Insomniac their best. Just my opinion. It's so pure, the lyrics are beautiful and the basslines top notch.

Ok Insomniac is a great punk album but the best Green Day has made? Cmon now

I'm gonna go with yes. American Idiot may be more focused and a far bigger deal overall, but I love the rawness of Insomniac. It's a fantastic anger album, which is exactly what I need these days. The lyrics are the best Billie has ever written, Mike's bass playing and backing vocals are on absolutely top form, and as an album it just comes in, kicks the shit out of your ears for not a second longer than it has to, and leaves. Absolute masterpiece.

I don't think I've ever disagreed with a list more.

I'd rank the albums like this, best to worst:

1. American Idiot

2. 21st Century Breakdown

3. Dos

4. Nimrod

5. Tré

6. Dookie

7. Uno

8. Warning

9. Insomniac

10. 1,039/Smooth

11. Kerplunk

American Idiot

Insomniac

21st Century Breakdown

Warning

Nimrod

Dookie

¡Tre!

¡Uno!

Kerplunk!

¡Dos!

1, 039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

Is my ranking

The only thing I agree is dookie being third . It's weird to see other opinions. I could honestly live in a world without insomniac. I really never listen to it.

Archived