Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way they burst into the chorus on the demo of 'Let Yourself Go' ..... Mother of god :D

So? Like, how many songs have "broken home" in them lol.

Two words are a lot different than two lines :P

Demolicious is fucking awesome! Some of the tracks sound like they could have been dropped on an album instead of being just demos. I'm pretty sure I once criticised the trilogy on its lack of pre production. This has definately proved me wrong. The songs sounded so much better begore Cavallo got his say

Demolicious is fucking awesome! Some of the tracks sound like they could have been dropped on an album instead of being just demos. I'm pretty sure I once criticised the trilogy on its lack of pre production. This has definately proved me wrong. The songs sounded so much better begore Cavallo got his say

It's the presence of production that ruined the Trilogy :P

I loved Rusty James on Uno, and now its ten times better. It could have done with out the "hey ohhh" though lol :lol:

I loved Rusty James on Uno, and now its ten times better. It could have done with out the "hey ohhh" though lol :lol:

A song is not a Green Day song until it has a hey-oh in it.

The songs are more developed on demolicious, it's kinda depressing really. The trilogy could have been huge!

After listening to Demolicious, it seems that the production or whatever of the songs on the Trilogy destroyed the energy and grit behind the songs. All of these songs have such power and energy, whereas the Trilogy did not. The drums and guitars in the demos are so much more explosive, too. It seems Green Day knows how to make that "raw/live" album, but they edit all the good stuff out at the end. Maybe they are afraid to make the move.

It's the presence of production that ruined the Trilogy :P

Needless to mention the tambourine :-)

What if this is what they were doing "remixing" the trilogy and just labeled it as demos and added State of Shock. I mean State of Shock is so much of a different recording then the rest.

I'm just blown away by the demos. Jeez. Everything is just so much better. Billie's vocal work has life to it. Guitars are driving. Drums sound strong and full. Holy crap, Green Day. The subpar lyrics are almost better just because they are delivered so well and emotionally. What did you do to these songs??

my god im loving this so hard......loving the songs off of tre...sound soooo much better

What if this is what they were doing "remixing" the trilogy and just labeled it as demos and added State of Shock. I mean State of Shock is so much of a different recording then the rest.

Nah, it wouldn't make sense to call new versions "demos." Remixing the guitars also wouldn't change the lyrics.

no it sounds like too much of a raw recording sound, especially at the end and during all the little teeny mistakes wouldn't make sense to fake

omg Angel Blue is such a bop. Like...it's so fun!! So much energy. It could have been a summer hit, can't you see that. Goddamn, the production was almost punishing in it's sheen and dragging speed. In some ways it achieved that new wave punchy sound but in other ways it totally failed the songs. The demos are fucking great, all they need is the vocals and bass brought up outta the mix. I wish they'd have Mike's bass at the forefront like they did for Dookie, Insomniac. But yeah, it captures their energy much better and is more punky and fresh. Would have been much more successful. Holy fuck, drums!!

I dont understand the need to fuck with Billies vocals. They sound so good here, so pure and real. He sounds like a robot on the trilogy on a handful of songs, especially when they just double his vocals like in the chorus of Stray Heart. It sounds like shit, there is no need to tamper with perfection. The vocals on here remind me of Nimrod/Warning.

I dont understand the need to fuck with Billies vocals. They sound so good here, so pure and real. He sounds like a robot on the trilogy on a handful of songs, especially when they just double his vocals like in the chorus of Stray Heart. It sounds like shit, there is no need to tamper with perfection. The vocals on here remind me of Nimrod/Warning.

Cause Billie for some strange reason likes the vocal filters which is fine for AI or 21st but the filter tone should have been lowered or not at all for the trilogy which is what fucked the vocals up on the trilogy

Archived