Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

I'm not listening to this until I buy the CD, but I do have a question. Is STN acoustic just Billie and his guitar or is it full band?

It's just Billie. Similar to his Instagram posts of Missing You and Scattered from a few months ago. I was actually pretty disappointed

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just Billie. Similar to his Instagram posts of Missing You and Scattered from a few months ago. I was actually pretty disappointed

That's exactly what I thought of when I heard it. I like it.

You guys could have deleted it months ago and I'd have neither noticed nor cared :P

Around $30

It'll be £23 in the UK so that's about $30-35 US dollars.

Cool, thanks.

That's exactly what I thought of when I heard it. I like it.

I was expecting a more upbeat acoustic version. Something like what him and Jason did at the NYC club with "Rust James" a couple years ago.

And I'm kind of bummed since it's my favorite song from the trilogy.

Did Little Boy Named Train get turned into a Beatles song?

Just wondering I don't really know all that much about recording but what makes the differnce between demo and the normal studio version? I know obviously they sound different but I'm asking what is it that they don't do to make it sound radio quality?

ALSO did they record this track by track or are these demos them playing live but just miked up? ?

I was expecting a more upbeat acoustic version. Something like what him and Jason did at the NYC club with "Rust James" a couple years ago.

And I'm kind of bummed since it's my favorite song from the trilogy.

I actually like it more like this. It almost feels more like a sad song, like yearning not to be alone. It seems more touching.

Just wondering I don't really know all that much about recording but what makes the differnce between demo and the normal studio version? I know obviously they sound different but I'm asking what is it that they don't do to make it sound radio quality?

ALSO did they record this track by track or are these demos them playing live but just miked up?

Hard to know exactly which are track by track or done live. It seems like some might be live.

The difference between a demo and the final product is usually the quality of how they're being recorded (maybe better mics or more careful mic placement, doing a better job of filtering out other noise, layering tracks more, etc.), plus getting them mastered (meaning tweaking the sound and EQ of each instrument and vocals on every track).

Any idea on a price for the CD or Cassette?

I don't hear the similarity.

The harmonies, clapping, tempo, and the oooooh's at the beginning all seem pretty Beatles-esque to me

Meh. Bad lp. I wasn't expecting much but this isn't worth more than a download. The instrumental for state of shock had a great potential but the lyrics are just so forced in. Disappointed

While I respect people's opinions I don't understand the hate towards State of Shock lyrics. It's another classic Billie Joe song about the current socioeconomic problems of the world.

Any idea on a price for the CD or Cassette?

I'd guess roughly 15-25 for those.

The harmonies, clapping, tempo, and the oooooh's at the beginning all seem pretty Beatles-esque to me

I guess I can kind of hear it.

Holy shit, the ahhhhs during the pre-chorus in Ashley sound like a bird (0:36-0:50)

[edited, because of magic, not GDC, the first part of my post wasn't needed anyore. end of edit]

Anyway, State of Shock, the only song I can listen to since youtube won't load any of the other demolicious videos and the album isn't on the pirate bay, pause for emphasis, sounds really familiar and I haven't been able to pinpoint what song/songs it sounds like. I think it's some Trilogy song... which kind of makes sense, seeing what album it is a demo from :P

It's a nice enough song, but nothing brilliant. And as usual I can only make out less than a quarter of what Billie is singing :lol:

I wouldn't dare to ask for a download link :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyway, State of Shock, the only song I can listen to since youtube won't load any of the other demolicious videos and the album isn't on the pirate bay, pause for emphasis, sounds really familiar and I haven't been able to pinpoint what song/songs it sounds like. I think it's some Trilogy song... which kind of makes sense, seeing what album it is a demo from :P

It's a nice enough song, but nothing brilliant. And as usual I can only make out less than a quarter of what Billie is singing :lol:

put it on 240p, works for me.

I wouldn't dare to ask for a download link :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyway, State of Shock, the only song I can listen to since youtube won't load any of the other demolicious videos and the album isn't on the pirate bay, pause for emphasis, sounds really familiar and I haven't been able to pinpoint what song/songs it sounds like. I think it's some Trilogy song... which kind of makes sense, seeing what album it is a demo from :P

It does borrow lyrics from some other trilogy song, can't remember which though... I think Angel Blue

The Bangkok thing was totally unnecessary.

May be, I just associate cheap looking burned cd's with the time I went to Bangkok

Yeah! I thought it sounded rather like Blitzkrieg Bop, and someone else said it was similar to Wasted by Black Flag.

I think it's some Trilogy song... which kind of makes sense, seeing what album it is a demo from :P

I think it sounds like Loss of Control ...a lot

Archived