Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

Holy shit 99 Revolutions sounds so much better with more powerful guitars

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmmm. I prefer the album version of Missing You because the vocals are more crisp than the demo.

99 Revs - The key change is good at the end, one of the better marked improvements from the original.

Angels Shoe - Aside from Billies voice is this not exactly the same take as the one on Uno?

Carpet Diet - Good, although I don't think a lot has changed this version is a little better than the version on Uno

State of Shockingly Bad Music - Not worth listening to much, one of the worst of the trilogy songs 2/10 would not listen to!

Let yourself No - No

Sex Drugs and Nice Men - The guitars have a great tone, Mike trys to hard to sound like Billie when he sings!

Ashley - May as well listen to the version on Dos

Fell 5 You - The one on Uno is better not a lot alot to say about it, sounds like a rehearsal of it before they recorded it, not bad, but not worth listening to over the one on Uno.

Stay the Night - Same as fell 5 you. No markable difference, just sounds like a rehearsal

Nuclear Family - My favourite from the trilogy and again this just sounds like a rehearsal of the final take!

Stray Fart - Could live with out this, the version on Dos is great, this one just isn't gonna get me as pumped for a night out!

Rusty Jams - The guitar tone is again improved and I like what the second (Lead guitar) does during the verse and in placed on this one, better than the album version.

Little Boy named Plain - much like the version on Tre a pretty plain song

Baby Ice - Mikes bass at the start ruins this one (sorry MD), Yeah again may as well listen to the one on Dos aside from the Bass fart at the star nothing has change that is much better.

Make out Party - The Dos version is better, not enough punch here.

Oh Love - Ok as a demo but very similar to the version on Uno, but one of the better demos on Demolicious

Missing You - I like this one, the second (Lead guitar) as on Rusty James has some good moments in a couple of parts which are nice.

Stay the night - Would have been good if Billie had posted on his twitter or whatever like he did with Worry Rock a while back.

Anyway here is my opinions. Overall album 5/10

May buy in support of RSD

Mmmmm. I prefer the album version of Missing You because the vocals are more crisp than the demo.

i like the lil guitar thing he does though it makes it sound a bit better

Wow, there's a loophole. Anyway, it says "Please don't share or request links for 'Demolicious' anywhere on GDC."

Yeah mobile doesn't show any of the banners or sigs it's pretty basic. Pictures and video show up if it's in a post but that's about it

Also, Carpe Diem has the different not slide after the solo, it shows it on Cuatro. Really really disappointed Oh Love doesn't have that note pinch before the second verse.

99 Revs - The key change is good at the end, one of the better marked improvements from the original.

Angels Shoe - Aside from Billies voice is this not exactly the same take as the one on Uno?

Carpet Diet - Good, although I don't think a lot has changed this version is a little better than the version on Uno

State of Shockingly Bad Music - Not worth listening to much, one of the worst of the trilogy songs 2/10 would not listen to!

Let yourself No - No

Sex Drugs and Nice Men - The guitars have a great tone, Mike trys to hard to sound like Billie when he sings!

Ashley - May as well listen to the version on Dos

Fell 5 You - The one on Uno is better not a lot alot to say about it, sounds like a rehearsal of it before they recorded it, not bad, but not worth listening to over the one on Uno.

Stay the Night - Same as fell 5 you. No markable difference, just sounds like a rehearsal

Nuclear Family - My favourite from the trilogy and again this just sounds like a rehearsal of the final take!

Stray Fart - Could live with out this, the version on Dos is great, this one just isn't gonna get me as pumped for a night out!

Rusty Jams - The guitar tone is again improved and I like what the second (Lead guitar) does during the verse and in placed on this one, better than the album version.

Little Boy named Plain - much like the version on Tre a pretty plain song

Baby Ice - Mikes bass at the start ruins this one (sorry MD), Yeah again may as well listen to the one on Dos aside from the Bass fart at the star nothing has change that is much better.

Make out Party - The Dos version is better, not enough punch here.

Oh Love - Ok as a demo but very similar to the version on Uno, but one of the better demos on Demolicious

Missing You - I like this one, the second (Lead guitar) as on Rusty James has some good moments in a couple of parts which are nice.

Stay the night - Would have been good if Billie had posted on his twitter or whatever like he did with Worry Rock a while back.

Anyway here is my opinions. Overall album 5/10

May buy in support of RSD

Wut

It's like the life was put back into these songs! Green Day has energy again! I don't mind what they were trying to do with the stripped down and cleaner production values, but the effect came off as sterile and lifeless at times.

Great comment, very insightful. 10/10, would read again.

Your signature is still way over 250px. You need to remove one of the images or the quotes.

It's like the life was put back into these songs! Green Day has energy again! I don't mind what they were trying to do with the stripped down and cleaner production values, but the effect came off as sterile and lifeless at times.

You do know these were recorded before the the album versions, right? So it's hard to say they "have energy again."

Yeah mobile doesn't show any of the banners or sigs it's pretty basic. Pictures and video show up if it's in a post but that's about it

I use mobile every day but I never even thought of that :P

Great comment, very insightful. 10/10, would read again.

Thanks, Irish Boy.

I tried hard on that one.

Yeah problem is I hate blank discs. Give me artwork, give me a picture disc, give me a booklet. Don't give me that crap that looks like it came straight out of the fucking suburbs of Bangkok

logged in solely to like your post

You do know these were recorded before the the album versions, right? So it's hard to say they "have energy again."

Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey, hush you.

Well I can't buy it anywhere here and it's not on the pirate bay yet. Woohoo. I'm sure it's great, would be even greater if they actually made it available outside the US or wherever you're supposed to get it.

Your signature is still way over 250px. You need to remove one of the images or the quotes.

Delete it then. I don't even remember what it is.

And quit spamming up the thread with off topic posts.

Delete it then. I don't even remember what it is.

And quit spamming up the thread with off topic posts.

you're welcome

Missing you is the greatest fucking thing ever. Why the hell didn't they record it like that

So does anybody have a guess (or exact number) for what the LP will cost on RSD? I've never really participated so I wouldn't know.

you're welcome

You guys could have deleted it months ago and I'd have neither noticed nor cared :P

So does anybody have a guess (or exact number) for what the LP will cost on RSD? I've never really participated so I wouldn't know.

Around $30

It'll be £23 in the UK so that's about $30-35 US dollars.

I just finished listening to it and I must say, it's so cool how the same songs I've been listening to last one and half years, sounds so different. 99 Revolutions is really powerful, Sex, Drugs and Violence has been one of my favorites from the trilogy and it sounds amazing on it's demo form. I also prefer the demo version of A Little Boy Named Train over the original one. The slower tempo works really well. The part before the guitar solo on Oh Love is also awesome. I got goosebumps while listening to that part! Some of the songs weren't too different compared to their original trilogy versions, like Stray Heart and Makeout Party, but I still enjoyed listening to this whole demo collection.

"Stay The Night"'s acoustic version sounds.....depressing....but in a good way, it's a got an "Amy" vibe to it.

I'm not listening to this until I buy the CD, but I do have a question. Is STN acoustic just Billie and his guitar or is it full band?

Archived