Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

I just saw the state of shock lyrics on GDA,

"We want to go to heaven

But no one wants to die

The fire, judgement and demons

And save your last goodbye"

But it's got to be "defy your" not "the fire", surely?

Could be. I posted what TMan and I figured out. I posted them a few pages back asking for help and only got one reply.

Edit: Yeah, that sounds right. Thanks

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys was it just me, or on Sex, Drugs and Violence is there a little guitar riff thing towards the end that reminds so much of the part in American Idiot live when they get the crowd going in the middle, and Billie does that little solo thing? I'm sure its so similar. That's one of the stand out things for me so far... it's buging me, sorry if someone's pointed it out already

I just saw the state of shock lyrics on GDA,

"We want to go to heaven

But no one wants to die

The fire, judgement and demons

And save your last goodbye"

But it's got to be "defy your" not "the fire", surely?

Yes, thank you! It's hard to tell, but these lyrics do make sense

Finally got to that Stay The Night acoustic. Fucking terrible. State Of Shock wasn't any better.

So far Carpe Diem is the only song that is markedly better than the original trilogy track. Missing You, Stay The Night, Nuclear Family, Rusty James, and 99 Revs all benefited from distortion.

I think the most noteable alternative lyrics is on Oh Love just after the second chorus

Sexual orientation: 99 Revolutions demo when Billie sings "It's all wrong."

State of shock sounds like it's off Kerplunk!! Great stuff! Not that bothered for the others tbh, but I did really like Angel Blue.

Finally got to that Stay The Night acoustic. Fucking terrible. State Of Shock wasn't any better.

So far Carpe Diem is the only song that is markedly better than the original trilogy track. Missing You, Stay The Night, Nuclear Family, Rusty James, and 99 Revs all benefited from distortion.

And that's YOUR opinion.

yep I actually want to listen to carpe diem and not skip the hell out of it

Thanks for the reply.

no problem. since it is for record store day, major retailers won't have it, so it would be an assumption iTunes won't have it...

not right away anyways

This album failed making me liking the trilogy a bit more.

Except for Stay the Night.

This song is really goood on acoustic :happy:

Yeah to confirm my suspicision from earlier, on the last chrus on S, D and V on the third time through it, theres a rif dissimilar to the one Billie plays in American Idiot live in the middle

Well... I really like Demolicious, such an interesting record.

State of Shock was fantastic and the Acoustic version of Stay the Night felt someway very personal to me; also the rest of the album is kick-ass

Thanks once again, Green Day!

Also thanks to Caitlin (PoisontheParty/99Letterbombs)

:dance:

Loving Mike dirnt's voice in Carpe Diem! i wish the studio version would have been like that.

I love Stay The Night, it's so... imperfect.

yes. That non-perfection is really good. That's how I'd love to hear on the trilogy...

Archived