Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the CD eventually be sold online (i.e. Amazon), or just in actual stores?

Better safe than sorry.

Another local record store told me, that they will order the vinyl (and the CD after I asked) and they will sell it to me personally (and other records to other people personally) <- I like that.

I hate the idea of "well, go to record stores and MAYBE you get something"

Just stopped in the one of my local shops, and they fed me the line about how they won't know what they're getting in until the day before. Whatever, I'll be there either way but I'm not going to bust my ass to show up too early.

Just stopped in the one of my local shops, and they fed me the line about how they won't know what they're getting in until the day before. Whatever, I'll be there either way but I'm not going to bust my ass to show up too early.

I would go to another record store (where they ARE able to tell you the infos you want), but the record there and go to the other record store, hold the "Demolicious" vinyl in the air and say "suck it, dickheads" XD

I would go to another record store (where they ARE able to tell you the infos you want), but the record there and go to the other record store, hold the "Demolicious" vinyl in the air and say "suck it, dickheads" XD

Eh, I'm not that bothered by it, although part of me wonders if I'm being too cavalier about the whole RSD thing. A run of 2400 copies on the vinyl doesn't leave very many per store. I'm kind of banking on the hope that there are no other hardcore Green Day fans close enough to this particular location.

Eh, I'm not that bothered by it, although part of me wonders if I'm being too cavalier about the whole RSD thing. A run of 2400 copies on the vinyl doesn't leave very many per store. I'm kind of banking on the hope that there are no other hardcore Green Day fans close enough to this particular location.

I'm more concerned about scalpers.

My record store did order both Vinyl and CD, and said to call back on Wed or thurs before Record Store Day and they can tell me what they got in.

my local store said "nooo we didn't order any.....we never sold any of our uno dos and tre yet, we are still sitting on them so no way am I gonna order demos for albums no one would buy."

my local store said "nooo we didn't order any.....we never sold any of our uno dos and tre yet, we are still sitting on them so no way am I gonna order demos for albums no one would buy."

heh, i chuckled. :lol:

OMG :lol:

(but ain't that the truth..)

That is pretty funny.

The record store closest to me won't be participating in RSD. The two that are a bit farther away will be, but are unsure of what they'll get. One of them said they ordered 15 of everything, though. They open at eight o' clock, but said if you show up then, you'll probably be 50th in line. :lol: I think we'll aim for seven.

Ha if the one nearest me doesn't stock it I'll need to travel for 4 hours to get it! I'd feel awkward anyway 'hey I've never been here but can you keep green days new lp for me?'

Sad but sensible/unsurprising =/ I do still see a lot of new Trilogy CDs for sale at the record stores I go to (but I did go to one today that had a GIANT Dos poster up, along with a Foreverly one).

I do still see a lot of new Trilogy CDs for sale at the record stores I go to (but I did go to one today that had a GIANT Dos poster up, along with a Foreverly one).

Did you buy them?

Did you buy them?

They weren't for sale :( and they weren't just regular posters, they were huge (like maybe 30x30) cardboard stock, so I couldn't just sneak them out (plus, I'm on vacation and there is no way in hell they would have fit on the train, sadly). BUT, they did have Foreverly promo bookmarks that I took quite a few of!

BUT, they did have Foreverly promo bookmarks that I took quite a few of!

Can you post a picture? :)

They weren't for sale :( and they weren't just regular posters, they were huge (like maybe 30x30) cardboard stock, so I couldn't just sneak them out (plus, I'm on vacation and there is no way in hell they would have fit on the train, sadly). BUT, they did have Foreverly promo bookmarks that I took quite a few of!

Lol, you should've taken enough to hold a GDC raffle for them :lol:

BUT, they did have Foreverly promo bookmarks that I took quite a few of!

:whistle:)

Can you post a picture? :)

1940023_10201681717831319_1952307083_n.j

Front and back. (Sorry, the lighting in this hotel isn't great.)

:whistle:)

Yeah it's great, now that I found these I don't have to get you a wedding gift! :D

Yeah it's great, now that I found these I don't have to get you a wedding gift! :D

Omg it's purty! :D

Archived