Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

I honestly think something funny has gone on on the production of these albums. Maybe I'm just a cynic, but it seems like someone has sabotaged Green Days work and tried to make it sound as weak as possible.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These albums were incredible and the fact that songs such as Stay the Night, Rusty James, X Kid, etc. will never receive the recognition they deserve kind of makes me sick.

Ah, how I wish an X-Kid demo would've been included on this. Track list would've been damn near perfect.

Ah, how I wish an X-Kid demo would've been included on this. Track list would've been damn near perfect.

X-Kid is already perfect though :cry:

X-Kid is already perfect though :cry:

It is, but I'd love to hear the better guitar tones. :cry:

Found two more vinyls of Demolicious in the record-store. So if someone needs one...

For what it's worth... A few pages back, 3 or 4 people were mentioning that they hadn't received their copy of Demolicious from an Amazon seller. I never received my copy either. After contacting the seller, I got a full refund (item + shipping costs). So it's definitely worth getting in touch with the seller if you want your money back.

BTW, bless you, whoever posted about Zia Records having Demolicious! This is how I was able to finally get a copy. :) (Too lazy to look back through the thread. LOL)

I finally got the shipping confirmation for my copy today. Better late than never I guess. :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Green Day have done it all, played it all, and seen it all. With eleven studio albums, a Broadway musical, and an acceptance into the the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on their first eligible year running, is just a few of the California band's accomplishments. So when they decided to release a demo album exclusively for Record Store Day, it came by no surprise to the fans.

The most shocking thing about Demolicious in all honesty, is the fact that a few of the demos are even better than the studio versions. Perhaps the authentic, raw sound made it all sound more like natural Green Day, rather than the cleaned up and edited Green Day that many have grown to oppose.

The album itself withholds one previously unreleased track, "State of Shock", that is catchy and slightly resembling of surf rock, which is a genre the band has never really explored. Nothing else on the album was new, so the track had a lot of weight on its shoulders right out of the gate. Unfortunately, the album, even with the new addition, just felt like filler: something to give the fans to chew on while the band takes its time to reconvene, and "State of Shock" proves to not be nearly enough to keep the fans busy.

The acoustic demo of the song, "Stay The Night", however, is done beautifully with Billie Joe Armstrong (frontman) all alone, in a soft, raspy voice with his acoustic guitar in a tone that almost sounds like a lullaby. It felt like an entirely different song than what was released prior on Uno!, demonstrating how the band had really gone through an extensive process to create every song's final product.

All in all, Demolicious is hardly anything new. It lacks the excitement of listening to a record for the first time, and in fact, almost felt like a step backward into the raw, uncut, beginnings of the songs we all already grew to know and love. Unfortunately for Green Day, this is clearly no Dookie or American Idiot, but for what it was, it was well done, and we can only hope brand new music will soon be on its way.

https://www.punknews.org/review/14149/green-day-demolicious

• 1 year later...

Anyone else feel like the Demolicious album is pure magic and doesn't get nearly enough credit?

If you head over to Green Day Chat there's a thread for demolicious

#backseatmod

3 hours ago, Kera said:

Anyone else feel like the Demolicious album is pure magic and doesn't get nearly enough credit?

Hey welcome to GDC! We already have a thread for Demolicious so I've merged yours with it and we can carry on talking about it here :). Btw if you haven't already you should have a quick look at the forum guidelines, good way to get a feel for how things work.

I certainly feel that way, already love the trilogy and it's really cool to hear the songs in their raw state. Ashley and Baby Eyes in particular sound really good and dirty.

1 hour ago, JoeFrusciante said:

If you head over to Green Day Chat there's a thread for demolicious

#backseatmod

It only counts as backseat modding if you actually find and post the thread :P 

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It only counts as backseat modding if you actually find and post the thread :P 

I considered it and then realised I couldn't be bothered, that's why I'm not a mod :( 

Archived