Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

The acoustic version of Stay the Night makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's like Billie is playing just for me. I like how he pronounces 'be' properly at the end of the pre-chorus!

Agreed. And the be thing amuses me because it makes me imagine him going "Hmm that doesn't rhyme, what shall I do? I know, I'll just sing bey instead of be :happy: ".

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or the last "I don't wanna say goodb--a-a- *voice cracks*-ayyy".. it is something cute and passional and...uhm natural and human. (?).

Woohoooo! Look what I picked up from work today:

I love JB Hi-Fi :D This was a nice surprise to find out. I didn't even know my store was getting it!

Stock is VERY limited though! Only 2-3 per store (not even all stores have it). Sadly no cassette or Vinyl :(

I will go to JB tomorrow morning then, my only hope. Thanks for the heads up otherwise i never would of went there.

Don't know how limited it is at my record archive. Hope there aren't that many Rochester people lining up at 9am just for this. I don't plan on being there until 10

Bummer. My local record store received the cd and the cassette but not the vinyl, which is what I'm after. I guess I'll have to pay ebay prices for it.

ok after hearing a few samples on instagram, I want dat cd

Bummer. My local record store received the cd and the cassette but not the vinyl, which is what I'm after. I guess I'll have to pay ebay prices for it.

You should buy the CD and cassette and re-sell them here for the people whose stores didn't order CD or Cassette!! If my store doesn't have cassette, I'm gonna be looking for one! And I know other people will be too!

By looking at all the threads about demolicous it seems like a lot more people like the demolicous more than the trilogy. I couldn't agree more about how demolicous guitars sound so much better but in green days defense a lot of songs actually did sound really good with cleaner guitars IMO. Remember green day were PURPOSLY trying new guitar tones. I think the songs that sound good with the clean or twangy guitars are.

Kill the dj

Sweet 16

Oh love

Fuck Time

Stray heart

Lady Cobra

Amy

Brutal love

8th avenue serenade

X kid

And yes...even dirty rotten bastards.

By looking at all the threads about demolicous it seems like a lot more people like the demolicous more than the trilogy. I couldn't agree more about how demolicous guitars sound so much better but in green days defense a lot of songs actually did sound really good with cleaner guitars IMO. Remember green day were PURPOSLY trying new guitar tones. I think the songs that sound good with the clean or twangy guitars are.

Kill the dj

Sweet 16

Oh love

Fuck Time

Stray heart

Lady Cobra

Amy

Brutal love

8th avenue serenade

X kid

And yes...even dirty rotten bastards.

It works kinda well on Troublemaker too :P

Is it possible that STN (Acoustic) is an acoustic demo and not just an acoustic version? That could explain the little mess-ups.

Is it possible that STN (Acoustic) is an acoustic demo and not just an acoustic version? That could explain the little mess-ups.

I think that's implied, isn't it?

I'm not following

I'm not following

I'm pretty sure he means that it was an acoustic demo that Billie took to the band to show them the first time, not him doing an acoustic version after the song was released.

I'm pretty sure he means that it was an acoustic demo that Billie took to the band to show them the first time, not him doing an acoustic version after the song was released.

Well yeah, that's pretty obvious. He messes up some of the lyrics and strumming and his voice clearly cracks like a pre-pubescent boy at the end. :lol:

It was a really stupid idea to give every single song the same treatment. There are a lot of different styles throughout the 3 albums and it is hard to tell when every single song sounds exactly the same production wise. Obviously the band rushed the project and didn't take the time to give the individual songs the treatment they deserve. Most of the songs sound great, but a lot of the songs would be improved greatly by receiving the attention they deserve, like louder guitars or drums. Listening to the raw, live sound of the demos and noticing the natural sound of Billies voice a long with the backing vocals by Mike and the little technical things that didn't make it into the final versions of the songs makes me realize that the trilogy really could have been the greatest thing the band has ever done. Something went wrong in the transition from demo stage to the actual recording of the albums themselves.

I think the "fucking with my head now" thing is way better than the "wanna live with normal people" thing. Both are cool but I think the version they went with works better with the song, more aggressive and demented.

I disagree with this I prefair the demo lyrics possibly because it's kind of like common people by pulp

" I want to live like common people

I want to do whatever common people do, I want to sleep with common people

I want to sleep with common people like you. " that bit of you were infested that was the first thing that came to my head apon listening to it ,although I like both

My local store ordered one cassette and it got lost in the post. Sigh. I'll still go to get the vinyl but damn I wanted the cassette most...

Bought a CD on Amazon, hopefully it's legit.

My local store ordered one cassette and it got lost in the post. Sigh. I'll still go to get the vinyl but damn I wanted the cassette most...

Bought a CD on Amazon, hopefully it's legit.

I want to do this two but if it's not legit were do we stand to get our money back?

I want to do this two but if it's not legit were do we stand to get our money back?

I hope so because I've already bought it :lol: I just checked and there's an option to file a claim if you're not happy with the item. If you pay by Paypal then they'll give you extra cover as well.

I hope so because I've already bought it :lol: I just checked and there's an option to file a claim if you're not happy with the item. If you pay by Paypal then they'll give you extra cover as well.

Awesome THANKYOU:D , get my mum to order it when she gets In:)

Archived