Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they weren't too bad. The only problem is it doesn't sound really natural.

Yep, because it's not. I'm pretty sure they're using a harmonizer since American Idiot, which is a shame because they're able to make awesome true backing vocals.

Glad to hear someone else voice that thought... I wasn't sure if it's all in my head. Or we just kind of have that "rawr" thing in our heads.

I thought that too haha

Surely you'd just wish it was good rather than not want to like it?

Well, not all of it sucks. I like the first two sections alright, but when the reprise and final section come in, it just falls apart, IMO.

Well, not all of it sucks. I like the first two sections alright, but when the reprise and final section come in, it just falls apart, IMO.

The reprise is actually my favourite part of the whole thing tbh :P

Yep, because it's not. I'm pretty sure they're using a harmonizer since American Idiot, which is a shame because they're able to make awesome true backing vocals.

I'm not hearing an harmonizer at all and I use harmonizer in my spot but I could be wrong

I think he doing the harmonies and using the filters on all vocals tracks

I'm not hearing an harmonizer at all and I use harmonizer in my spot but I could be wrong

I think he doing the harmonies and using the filters on all vocals tracks

I may be wrong too :) And yes the filters could be an explanation of the fake sound.

The biggest difference to me is on these demos they utilize Mike's backing vocals and the second guitar WAY more. And I fucking love it.

The biggest difference to me is on these demos they utilize Mike's backing vocals and the second guitar WAY more. And I fucking love it.

Well they didn't mix them to make them blend in. I love the sound of that too, but I wouldn't have minded the crash cymbals getting taken down a bit.

Rang my local record store and they've said they're only getting in 2 copies of the CD and 5 copies of the vinyl but unfortunately no cassette.

Just talked to my record store and they're not getting anything :( Sucks to be in Alaska.

They said to me that mine will arrive in like May 10th! Nice record store day Greece! :lol:

Surely you'd just wish it was good rather than not want to like it?

Not on GDC!

Yeah, you're probably right. It is best for them to do what they do naturally. But I'm pretty sure they'd have a better time in the recording process if they recorded live for the most part. They seem to have so much chemistry playing together :P

Yeah they weren't too bad. The only problem is it doesn't sound really natural. But the trilogy isn't the first time Billie's done the backing vocals himself. I'm pretty sure in "Extraordinary Girl" he's harmonising with himself.

I'm just curious, what is U/D/T production?

Uno/Dos/Tre, and the production techinques they (mis)used in creating it.

If I could like that one 1,000 times I would. Over time I've definitely grown to like Mike's vocals as a healthy part of the mix...it's part of what makes them sound so fucking great on stage. Billie harmonizing with himself and himself alone on the records is just, well, meh.

Billie harmonizing with himself and himself alone on the records is just, well, meh.

People keep saying this as if Mike doesn't have a single backing vocal on all of the trilogy. He's there a bunch.

People keep saying this as if Mike doesn't have a single backing vocal on all of the trilogy. He's there a bunch.

Mike has more "presence" on the demos - certainly enough to notice (in a good way).

Mike has more "presence" on the demos - certainly enough to notice (in a good way).

I was just thinking about using some mixing magic to combine some of the demos and studio versions. Not sure if it'd be too hard, I'll probs give it a go later. Hope they at least used a metronome.

I was just thinking about using some mixing magic to combine some of the demos and studio versions. Not sure if it'd be too hard, I'll probs give it a go later. Hope they at least used a metronome.

Y'know, I was thinking about how awesome that might sound if someone could pull that off. "May the Force be with you!"

I know on State of Shock they did (tried to stay with it). Clocks in at 174. They get off at times but Trè gets them back by the end.

The record store closest to me has the CD for me but no vinyl...

Green Day just released two teasers for Demolicious on Facebook. One has footage of them in the studio playing Makeout Party.

Just put Mike's stronger backing vocals into SD&V. Will upload within the hour.

[Edit:] lol make it two hours. I dun goofed and flipped 'em.

Green Day just released two teasers for Demolicious on Facebook. One has footage of them in the studio playing Makeout Party.

These were on Instagram a while ago. State of Shock yesterday, Makeout Party today

These were on Instagram a while ago. State of Shock yesterday, Makeout Party today

Didn't see the State of Shock one. Darn.

Archived