Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/4732/

According to popular blog Wax Poetic and Hungarian music store Magneoton, Green Day will be releasing a two-disc album titled "Demolicious" for Record Store Day 2014.
Judging by the title of the album, we assume it will be a collection of demos and possibly unreleased material the band has recorded throughout their career.
Record Store Day, an annual international celebration of local record shops, is this coming April 19th.
As more information uncovers itself, we will be sure to post about it.
Green Day has supported Record Store Day in the past by releasing their version of Hüsker Dü's "Don't Wanna Know If You Are Lonely" on limited edition vinyl back in 2011.
UPDATE: It's happening. 18 demos. http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/4733/
UPDATE 2: Here's the tracklist

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is intriguing.

"According to popular blog Wax Poetic and Hungarian music store Magneoton, Green Day will be releasing a two-disc album titled "Demolicious" for Record Store Day 2014. Judging by the title of the album, we assume it will be a collection of demos and possibly unreleased material the band has recorded throughout their career. Record Store Day, an annual international celebration of local record shops, is this coming April 19th."

EDIT: And, shit, Andres beat me to it. Feel free to close, mods. :sorry:

Maybe we'll finally get their 21CB-era covers on an album! (I'm neurotic about not getting bonus tracks, so I've had to make up my own compilation name/art to justify downloading them. :P)

Maybe the remixed trilogy songs they did a while back will be on it?

This could be really cool, though.

sweet! This would be sick to get a copy of! I also didn't realise that they released "don't wanna know if you are lonely" on vinyl! I would have loved that. Probably one of my favourite covers by them.

Just want to point out we haven't confirmed this independetly. Just going off what those other sites are saying. I guess we'll find out what they're do specifically in due time.

They better get those MUDAFUCKING guitars sounding LARGE AND POWERFUL! But as Green Fans we (hopefully) all are, I'm sure we'd all be loving it just 'cause it's Green Day... :P

FUCKING SHIT DAMN FUCKING ASS SHIT FUCK I hope this is real! (...Cigarrettes and Valentines, perhaps?...)

Maybe some Cigarettes and Valentines content up in here!!!!!!11!!!111!11!1!!!11!!!!1!one!!!11!!

Two things:

1. I wonder how hard it will be to get your hands on this. Hopefully it's not a limited Hungarian village release :P

2. If every demo is as awesome as the 21st Century Breakdown demo I'm going to wind up bitter and confused about why Green Day ever chooses to "polish" their songs off when they are superior in their rawest forms.

Also, quick, someone remind me how many songs would be on an "LP"? Longer or shorter than an EP? I'm just a total dumbo when it comes to this stuff.

Archived