Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Live performance of the song Green Day

Posted

I remember watching this and basically freaking out about it! They used to throw in the biggest rarities into soundchecks in 2009, it's crazy. And the best part is that a couple of fans were able to get in (and film it)!

3 people like this

Posted

I remember watching this and basically freaking out about it! They used to throw in the biggest rarities into soundchecks in 2009, it's crazy. And the best part is that a couple of fans were able to get in (and film it)!

Yeah its unfair! they also played Private Ale and Warning, so jealous...

2 people like this

Posted

No matter how much these songs are shit and all, I always enjoy watching them especially when they are played recently/a few years ago :thumbsup:

2 people like this

Posted

No matter how much these songs are shit and all, I always enjoy watching them especially when they are played recently/a few years ago :thumbsup:

They're not shit though :P

2 people like this

Posted

They're not shit though :P

Well, I don't really like the songs on 1039 (Except Going to Pasalacqua & 409) but when they play songs that' really old nowadays I do enjoy them :) I guess it's just the bad quality and such that makes them bad in my head lol

1 person likes this

Posted

My god yes! It's my dream to see a Green Day sound check.

1 person likes this

Posted

They played a bunch of cool stuff in their soundchecks like Church On Sunday, Private Ale and a bunch of old stuff. And Dreamcatcher. But I've never seen this video thanks for sharing!

1 person likes this

Posted

My Youtube channel :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, I don't really like the songs on 1039 (Except Going to Pasalacqua & 409) but when they play songs that' really old nowadays I do enjoy them :) I guess it's just the bad quality and such that makes them bad in my head lol

There are a ton of punk albums that are worse sound quality than 39/Smooth. Operation Ivy's stuff would sound better with better recording stuff, but that's no excuse to call the songs shit. They're far from that. Even bigger punk bands like The Misfits and the Ramones have quality similar to 39/Smooth on a bunch of their songs. That's just something you have to deal with listening to early material, when bands couldn't afford thousand dollar recording and production.
3 people like this

Posted

No reason to call them shit. They rock! That's how the band began.