Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Billie has made silly lyrics before, but still made them creative. "BMX-cellent tits" is just rubbish. I didnt get it at first, hell, I'm not even sure I still understand that line. Lol

• Like 1

I might like it more if I didn't know he could do far better in terms of light-heartedness, like Blood, Sex & Booze for example.

Also is it just me or is Misery an incredibly fun song, both lyrically and otherwise, despite its dark content?

But most people grow back into it eventually :P

It's not just you, I love Misery. It's one of my favorites.

yes, but you grow back into pissing yourself when you are in your 80's. Billie is way ahead of the curve.

Alcohol affects some people's bladders worse than others :P

I really can't believe we are having a conversation about Billie pissing himself. They really need to do something, and quick. :)

It's not just you, I love Misery. It's one of my favorites.

yes, but you grow back into pissing yourself when you are in your 80's. Billie is way ahead of the curve.

I really can't believe we are having a conversation about Billie pissing himself. They really need to do something, and quick. :)

Well this is Green Day were talking about so incidents involving childishness and bodily functions aren't exactly few and far between :lol:. I don't think it's a big deal really.

Also is it just me or is Misery an incredibly fun song, both lyrically and otherwise, despite its dark content?

Yes, absolutely. I accidentally started singing it (only quietly) on the way to college a few days ago, got an odd look from an old person.

• Like 1

One of my favorite lyrics is "They found him in a Cadillac/bludgeoned with a baseball bat". The not-quite rhyme combined with the quadruple alliteration is fantastic.

I like that but "Mr Whirly had a catastrophic incident" is one of my favourite lines of all time, along with "magic man, egocentric plastic man" and "cold turkey's getting stale, tonight I'm eating crow."

• Like 2

Ok idk where this opinion is on the popularity level, but I prefer Daniel Shatterhand's acoustic version of Misery. The guitar is fun as hell plus the song is a little faster than the original so it goes by easier.

Ok idk where this opinion is on the popularity level, but I prefer Daniel Shatterhand's acoustic version of Misery. The guitar is fun as hell plus the song is a little faster than the original so it goes by easier.

Its too fast - GD's tempo builds - its part of the story.

• Like 1

Just listened to "Missing You" and realized that Billie actually sings the words "Lost my nerve, it's unnerving," and decided that that line was acceptable? What the fuck, Billie. What the actual fuck.

Oh, and I just wanted to add that I think the only reason that "Missing You" doesn't get the same amount of shit that "The Forgotten" and "Nightlife" get in this thread is because Tom and Ceadagh have massive, inexplicable boners for it. FIGHT ME.

Missing You is one of my favorites from the trilogy, probably for the same reason Sex, Drugs & Violence is, particularly the demo versions — although the lyrics are cringe-worthy on paper, when paired with the band's almost-signature sound, it's a forgivable breath of fresh air. That could be because they're surrounded by other less-than-outstanding tracks, but those two seem to have held up pretty well with me overall.

Also, I have a proverbial boner for the song as well. Just FYI. :happy:

• Like 2

Oh, and I just wanted to add that I think the only reason that "Missing You" doesn't get the same amount of shit that "The Forgotten" and "Nightlife" get in this thread is because Tom and Ceadagh have massive, inexplicable boners for it. FIGHT ME.

I love Nightlife too tbf but FUCK YOU I WILL JOUST YOU OVER THIS IF I HAVE TO.

• Like 1

Missing You is one of my favorites from the trilogy, probably for the same reason Sex, Drugs & Violence is, particularly the demo versions — although the lyrics are cringe-worthy on paper, when paired with the band's almost-signature sound, it's a forgivable breath of fresh air. That could be because they're surrounded by other less-than-outstanding tracks, but those two seem to have held up pretty well with me overall.

Also, I have a proverbial boner for the song as well. Just FYI. :happy:

They're really that type of song where you just enjoy the music and not so much analyze the lyrics. Hell, about 90% of the Trilogy are of the same category.

I love Lady Nightlife too tbf but FUCK YOU I WILL JOUST YOU OVER THIS IF I HAVE TO.

Fixed.

• Like 1

They're really that type of song where you just enjoy the music and not so much analyze the lyrics.

You analyze every song that's what people are supposed to do

I analyze everything like I analyzed Baby Got Back

"I like big butts and I can not lie"

Obvious the writer likes big butts and he wants to make sure people know he's not lying"

"You other brothers can't deny

That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist

And a round thing in your face

You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough"

The other men can't deny that get aroused when a round thing is in their faces

• Like 1

According to Secrets she's mine. :mad: Or at least her clone Lady Fartlife is.

All the people, so many people

they all go, arse on arse,

an' Hand in hand through their

Fartlife.

• Like 2

I can't not read those lyrics in a non-erotic way. I'm too perverted.

How old were you when you realized what Blood Sex and Booze was about? I didn't pick up on it until later in life...

• Like 1

I love Nightlife too tbf but FUCK YOU I WILL JOUST YOU OVER THIS IF I HAVE TO.

At first, I hated it because, well I was supposed too. Then, I kept listening, and listening and listening, and damn, I finally had to admit. I like it. You have a jousting partner on this one.

• Like 1

They're really that type of song where you just enjoy the music and not so much analyze the lyrics. Hell, about 90% of the Trilogy are of the same category.

Yeah, except it's not nearly as easy to enjoy the others...

• Like 1

At first, I hated it because, well I was supposed too. Then, I kept listening, and listening and listening, and damn, I finally had to admit. I like it. You have a jousting partner on this one.

:eyebrows:

• Like 1

I think I've literally listened to The Forgotten 3 times.

And maybe once all the way through.

Even if his voice does sound pretty, the track itself should have been a b-side or something because I could not think of a worse song to end a (very decent) trilogy.

I'll take Makeout Party or Baby Eyes over that.

• Like 4

Same - I remember the first time I heard it - I went wtf GD & did force myself to listen to it & yeah I like it. :ermm:

I think I've literally listened to The Forgotten 3 times.

And maybe once all the way through.

Even if his voice does sound pretty, the track itself should have been a b-side or something because I could not think of a worse song to end a (very decent) trilogy.

I'll take Makeout Party or Baby Eyes over that.

I don't like The Forgotten but was GD asked to write it for the movie.

Same - I remember the first time I heard it - I went wtf GD & did force myself to listen to it & yeah I like it. :ermm:

I don't like The Forgotten but was GD asked to write it for the movie.

They didn't write it for the movie

• Like 4

Well that makes me not like it even more :)

When the Soundtrack came out RS or some site had a interview with the soundtrack producer and he mention they asked GD if they had a song they could use and that they sent them Forgotten

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic