Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Guess what?! I just made it through the Trilogy, one by one, front to back, not skipping one single song! YEAH! Probably for the first time. Even more - it supported my housework, and I really enjoyed it. Now the kitchen is clean and the floor as well. :runaround:

is it april fool's already?

• Like 1

Brutal Love was an amazing closer and I will fight anyone who says otherwise IRL.

Good Riddance is a way better closer than Brutal Love.

• Like 1

I thought Brutal Love would be the perfect closer the first time I listened to it, but now that I think of it the way Zack was saying earlier, my opinion of it as the best closer EVER has only been strengthened.

Speaking of closers, Whatsername is the most perfect end to an album that I can think of.

I thought Brutal Love would be the perfect closer the first time I listened to it, but now that I think of it the way Zack was saying earlier, my opinion of it as the best closer EVER has only been strengthened.

Speaking of closers, Whatsername is the most perfect end to an album that I can think of.

My only complaint with Whatsername is that the drums in the opening are really uninspired and click-tracky. Apart from that though, god what brilliance.

My only complaint with Whatsername is that the drums in the opening are really uninspired and click-tracky. Apart from that though, god what brilliance.

I like them. :cry:

I only "liked" your post because I like Whatsername so much. I retract any liking of the first sentence. I'm also prepared to fight you IRL in April to defend Good Riddance's honor.

• Like 1

I don't care that much about the closer, both Brutal Love and Good Riddance are great.
The only thing I want from them for the next tour is to refresh their setlist.
They have tons of great songs that they rarely (or never) playing live.

• Like 2

I only "liked" your post because I like Whatsername so much. I retract any liking of the first sentence. I'm also prepared to fight you IRL in April to defend Good Riddance's honor.

Can you imagine the Youtube video? 2 GIRLS THROW DOWN OVER GREEN DAY SONGS and we'd be pulling each other's hair and shrieking about Good Riddance and Brutal Love :lol:

fight me

• Like 2

This may get me killed, but I don't think Whatsername is all that incredible. It's a good song, of course, and saying it's a good song by AI standards means it's a bloody good song in general, but not incredible.

This may get me killed, but I don't think Whatsername is all that incredible. It's a good song, of course, and saying it's a good song by AI standards means it's a bloody good song in general, but not incredible.

fight me

• Like 4

10159_-_animated_gif_come_at_me_bro_patr

• Like 2

I may have to slap you.

Whatsername is the perfect ending to a perfect record. It conveys the sadness, frustration and despair that the character is feeling. The fact that Billie sang the song in a monotone is just brilliant.

• Like 3

I'll never get over the fact that AI ends with Billie rhyming time with time.

"Forgetting you but not the time" is the best ending line OF ALL TIME.

aw look that rhymed :happy:

I'll never get over the fact that AI ends with Billie rhyming time with time.

I lose sleep because of that.

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic