Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

And I don't get why most people don't like Nickelback. Great band, amazing lyrics, definitely my favorite band.

Noooooooooooo

And I don't get why most people don't like Nickelback. Great band, amazing lyrics, definitely my favorite band.

I laughed so hard at that.

Dos was the best of the trilogy and Nightlife was awesome.

I can't agree on ¡Dos! but I agree on Nightlife

Dos was the best of the trilogy and Nightlife was awesome.

Certainly the most cohesive of the three.

I'd rather have a clusterfuck of an album full of good songs than a cohesive pile of steaming shite.

Generally more cohesive albums are better.

I like Uno the best of the three. I like almost all songs on it and only maybe 1 or 2 on Dos and Tre. The whole trilogy was a clusterfuck to me. When I first heard them I was like WTF is this?

• Like 1

I like Uno the best of the three. I like almost all songs on it and only maybe 1 or 2 on Dos and Tre. The whole trilogy was a clusterfuck to me. When I first heard them I was like WTF is this?

Uno is a good album but it has some bad songs. Replace Loss Of Control, Troublemaker and Angel Blue with some songs like Missing You, 8th Avenue Serenade and X-Kid and you have a great album.

After all Uno and Tre are very similar in style (except ballads).

I actually like Troublemaker. What bothers me is that so many of the songs all sound the same and some of the lyrics are bad, which is disappointing. I didn't care much for 21st Century Breakdown either. Guess that makes me a bad fan.

Guess that makes me a bad fan.

No, it's perfectly fine to dislike some things they've done. I disagree, but there's nothing inherently wrong with having that opinion.

The problem is that they had 14-15 good/very good songs and they made 3 albums with 37 songs just to be able to tell a "story" (I wanna live, midlife crisis , redemption).

I understand that they had tons of songs at the time but the quality of some Trilogy songs was really bad.
I
don't dislike the Trilogy, I actually like around 20 songs. I just think that they are better than " Hey! I like your BMW / I like your BM-excellent tits / With a tattoo of a pig sniffing glue " and " Anyhow, anywhere / Kiss me there, oh kiss me there Scream and shout, truth or dare / Kiss me there, oh kiss me there ".

I just think that they are better than " Hey! I like your BMW / I like your BM-excellent tits / With a tattoo of a pig sniffing glue " and " Anyhow, anywhere / Kiss me there, oh kiss me there Scream and shout, truth or dare / Kiss me there, oh kiss me there ".

:sick: I haven't even listened to all the songs on the trilogy, to be honest. Maybe I should before I judge the whole thing, but I previewed many tracks and couldn't even listen all the way through because I was so disappointed (mainly with the poor lyrics). We all know they are obviously capable of so much more.

Edited by haushinkax3
  • Like 1

I actually like Troublemaker. What bothers me is that so many of the songs all sound the same and some of the lyrics are bad, which is disappointing. I didn't care much for 21st Century Breakdown either. Guess that makes me a bad fan.

There are no such things as bad fan and good fan. We are all fans and we just have different opinions.

I don't think I've ever liked ANY green day song the first 5 times listening to it :lol: but they all grow on me eventually

No, it's perfectly fine to dislike some things they've done. I disagree, but there's nothing inherently wrong with having that opinion.

Stop spreading lies

People must bend to the will of trilogy haters, or else

• Like 2

• lizziebix featured this topic