Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Maybe that particular show DookieLukie went wasn't their best, but how can you generalise that the whole tour was bad if people keep on saying it wasn't? Of course you will probably argue that people are deceiving themselves because they don't want their favourite band to break up, but that hardly is a valid argument and if you so openly quest the rationality of all the counter-arguments, whose count is gigantic, a question that rises is that maybe your argument is irrational since it is alone against the evidence that suggest the opposite and is much more greater in count and generally provided by people who are known not to have the Christ complex.

It is possible that they had a bad day when you saw them, which is perfectly normal, but one bad show doesn't per se mean that the whole tour was a disaster and most certainly one bad show isn't a reliable sign of a break up.

And even the show being bad is a personal experience and opinion, so there's that too.

• Like 1

Maybe that particular show DookieLukie went wasn't their best, but how can you generalise that the whole tour was bad if people keep on saying it wasn't? Of course you will probably argue that people are deceiving themselves because they don't want their favourite band to break up, but that hardly is a valid argument and if you so openly quest the rationality of all the counter-arguments, whose count is gigantic, a question that rises is that maybe your argument is irrational since it is alone against the evidence that suggest the opposite and is much more greater in count and generally provided by people who are known not to have the Christ complex.

It is possible that they had a bad day when you saw them, which is perfectly normal, but one bad show doesn't per se mean that the whole tour was a disaster and most certainly one bad show isn't a reliable sign of a break up.

And even the show being bad is a personal experience and opinion, so there's that too.

If my opinion is so stupid and irrational then why did you just get so offended by it? Just say in your head "I don't respect him, and I think that's dumb." No need to come at me by calling me out personally. If it's so obvious that they aren't breaking up, then why even address this jeez

Even a "bad show" for Green Day is still incredible...well except iheart.

iHeart was great wtf are you on? It was our last glimpse of Billie not sober, which will be sorely missed :(

iHeart was great wtf are you on? It was our last glimpse of Billie not sober, which will be sorely missed :(

There's a touch of schadenfreude to that post. I'd rather be entertained by a healthy, happy Billie.

There's a touch of schadenfreude to that post. I'd rather be entertained by a healthy, happy Billie.

Schadenfreude is when you enjoy seeing people hurt or in misfortune. I don't look at Billie and like when he is drunk or hurting, I simply think he performs better under the influence. And since I do not have a personal relationship Billie and only have use for him in the entertainment category, I'd prefer a drunk Billie doing his job rather than a sober one who sucks. Green Day means a lot to me, but I have no real personal bond to Billie other than that I love his music and look up to his artistic accomplishments. So whatever it takes for him to be at his best in that department is all that matters to me.

Don't you think that's a bit of a selfish attitude, though? Personally I'd rather he took care of himself first, and if we're lucky enough to get some more awesome performances from him in the future then that's wonderful too. The price for our entertainment should not be the deterioration of his health.

If I were his friend or relative, I'd of course tell him to spend his life staying healthy and with friends and family. However, as a fan who really only experiences him through music, if him not drinking makes my experience worse, that takes from my experience. I also like really good fruit, which requires a lot of hard work from farmers to produce. I could be unselfish and tell them to not work and give me shitty fruit, but that would ruin my experience. Billie is more than a person. He's a product in himself, and I treat him just like anything or anyone else who produces something I consume.

If I were his friend or relative, I'd of course tell him to spend his life staying healthy and with friends and family. However, as a fan who really only experiences him through music, if him not drinking makes my experience worse, that takes from my experience. I also like really good fruit, which requires a lot of hard work from farmers to produce. I could be unselfish and tell them to not work and give me shitty fruit, but that would ruin my experience. Billie is more than a person. He's a product in himself, and I treat him just like anything or anyone else who produces something I consume.

What you are saying indicates that you do not have human empathy towards him, and that's a shame.

• Like 4

What you are saying indicates that you do not have human empathy towards him, and that's a shame.

Ok? Why do you care how I feel about Billie?

Your example of farmers working hard to grow good produce in no way equates to preferring that a human being struggle with substance abuse and addiction just so that you can have what you perceive to be a better time at the shows his band puts on. Addiction negatively affects every facet of a person's life, and it goes beyond that to negatively affecting and traumatizing their family and the people they are close to. The fact that you seriously can't seem to bring yourself to care about that is indicative of an alarming lack of basic human empathy.

Well don't waste your time caring about me.

I don't care about you :happy:

I do find it incredible how you came straight back from a suspension and used your unlimited posting privileges to have this conversation, though.

• Like 3

excuse u

A fact is that even DookieLukie has the right to have his opinions. He can think whatever he wants - and even post it on the Internet. If he doesn't feel any empathy towards Billie or doesn't care about him no one can make him feel differently. Not everybody has the same feelings or relationships towards products he buys. The comparision with the farmers is inadequate since no farmer has to destroy his health or fuck up his personal life to produce fruit. It's wrong to wish somebody had to deal with a substance abuse just because you think his performances would be more entertaining but on the other hand - it's pretty harmless to do so. It's not very likely that Billie will do drugs again just because Lukie wants him to.

A fact is that even DookieLukie has the right to have his opinions. He can think whatever he wants - and even post it on the Internet. If he doesn't feel any empathy towards Billie or doesn't care about him no one can make him feel differently.

I don't think anyone was questioning that. But equally, people are allowed to disagree and find it disturbing.

• Like 2

But equally, people are allowed to disagree and find it disturbing.

I find it rather disturbing that someone should consider a performance as "great" just when a slurring BJ was singing out of tune. It´s probably due to my lack of understanding of music...

• Like 1

I find it rather disturbing that someone should consider a performance as "great" just when a slurring BJ was singing out of tune. It´s probably due to my lack of understanding of music...

I don't think it's your understanding of music that's being called into question here :P

• Like 1

I don't think it's your understanding of music that's being called into question here :P

Thanks! Thought I had missed a new kind of music genre.

Nope, the nearest comparable thing is Bob Dylan ;)

Lmao

I always say Bob Dylan is possibly the greatest lyricist but man that voice...

• Like 2

• lizziebix featured this topic