Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

There aren't any besides the one in Knowledge. How did you come up with 11?

You are right. My apologies. Smooth has three D-words and one F-bomb. I either got it and Kerplunk mixed up, or just plain couldn't count back in 2005 when I made the powerpoint.

That's not true, there are no F words except for Knowledge.

You are right. My apologies. Smooth has three D-words and one F-bomb. I either got it and Kerplunk mixed up, or just plain couldn't count back in 2005 when I made the powerpoint. There.

• Like 2

I am trying to figure out how. any tips?

You could use a file sharing site or take screenshots and upload them to a site like Imgur or Photobucket then share the links.

It's a good compilation I never see anyone bash it

true, but you never really see anyone praise it either.

true, but you never really see anyone praise it either.

Let's be fair, there aren't a whole lot of standouts on it; "Ha Ha You're Dead" is the only one that would make my top forty GD songs. For a compilation it's not half-bad, but obviously it pales in comparison to most of their other work. Same reason why you don't often see people discussing the album-exclusive songs from The Beatles Anthology demo compilation.

• Like 1

What's not to like? The lyrics are fantastic, the solo is rocket-fueled, the pounding of the drums after each verse is like an assault, the video is probably the best they've ever done. Definitely in my top three GD songs.

This post perfectly sums up why we don't agree on GD music related stuff. If I had not known what song you were talking about, I would never guess that it was Hitchin a Ride. I skip that song every time I listen to Nimrod...which is already a rare occurance since I think it's their worst album by a mile.

This post perfectly sums up why we don't agree on GD music related stuff. If I had not known what song you were talking about, I would never guess that it was Hitchin a Ride. I skip that song every time I listen to Nimrod...which is already a rare occurance since I think it's their worst album by a mile.

Wow, even for Blasphemy and Genocide that's rather astonishing. What's the reasoning behind that?

Wow, even for Blasphemy and Genocide that's rather astonishing. What's the reasoning behind that?

Eh...neither that song nor the album as a whole really speak to me or move me in any way. That's how I judge whether I like music or not. I don't get any goosebumps, I don't get emotional because of the way a certain chord or chorus hits, the lyrics have no meaning to me. When I put Nimrod into my CD player I listen to The Grouch, Platypus, and King for a Day a few times on repeat and then put something else in. If you haven't seen this yet, my list of fav Green Day albums is as follows (some spots have two because any given day I may like one better than the other):

Trilogy

American Idiot/21st CB

Warning/Insomniac

Dookie

Kerplunk

Nimrod

Eh...neither that song nor the album as a whole really speak to me or move me in any way. That's how I judge whether I like music or not. I don't get any goosebumps, I don't get emotional because of the way a certain chord or chorus hits, the lyrics have no meaning to me. When I put Nimrod into my CD player I listen to The Grouch, Platypus, and King for a Day a few times on repeat and then put something else in. If you haven't seen this yet, my list of fav Green Day albums is as follows (some spots have two because any given day I may like one better than the other):

Trilogy

American Idiot/21st CB

Warning/Insomniac

Dookie

Kerplunk

Nimrod

I will say I should have expected King for a Day being one of your favorites. :P And at least you like Platypus. There's hope for you yet.

I will say I should have expected King for a Day being one of your favorites. :P And at least you like Platypus. There's hope for you yet.

Haha, and my love of KfaD has nothing to do with the lyrics. The orchestration of it is just awesome. And the fun-filled attitude of the overall sound. You could put any words in there and I'd enjoy it. And Platypus is just cool.

• Like 1

Let's be fair, there aren't a whole lot of standouts on it; "Ha Ha You're Dead" is the only one that would make my top forty GD songs. For a compilation it's not half-bad, but obviously it pales in comparison to most of their other work. Same reason why you don't often see people discussing the album-exclusive songs from The Beatles Anthology demo compilation.

well yes, i think it's granted that any compilation of this type will never be as good as a full-fledged album. there might not be many/any "stand outs" but there are a fair few songs i like a lot and would listen to over many other gd songs (suffocate, desensitized, i want to be on tv, scumbag, sick of me, do da da, haha you're dead). i understand why people don't talk about it much, but i still think it's underrated just based on the songs. i'd say a lot of them are pretty on-par with nimrod in terms of their sound/feel (obviously, since most of them were written around that time) and since nimrod is a generally well-loved album you'd think people would appreciate the songs more.

• Like 1

You could use a file sharing site or take screenshots and upload them to a site like Imgur or Photobucket then share the links.

I'll figure something out. Before I share it, I'm going to clean it up a bit. Like I said, I made it around 10 years ago just for personal use, so there are some not so smooth things about it, haha. Lots of interesting facts though, such as:

• Which songs have and haven't been played live.
  • Which songs were cut from Bullet In A Bible
  • Songs cut from Trilogy
  • Reasons that the Network are Green Day
  • Running themes in Green Day's music

and much, much more.

What, it's been three days?! Unacceptable.

2000 Light Years Away is overrated. I really enjoy it, but it's nowhere near top tier Green Day IMHO.

• Like 1

2000 Light Years Away is overrated. I really enjoy it, but it's nowhere near top tier Green Day IMHO.

It's a good song but they play it too much live, I'd prefer some others from Kerplunk.

It's a good song but they play it too much live, I'd prefer some others from Kerplunk.

If they play 80 at my inevitable first GD concert I'll lose my goddamn mind.

• Like 3

I think it's their most polished effort pre-Dookie. Definitely a pre-cursor for that sound.

And now that I understand the "malacite" line it's lyrics are a strength I think

If they play 80 at my inevitable first GD concert I'll lose my goddamn mind.

You haven't been yet?? Wow...with a good chance they break up, you must be on edge lol

What makes you say that?

A couple of people on here reckon Green Day is gonna break up soon. This is based on how crap the Trilogy did and the Billie Joe's perceived ego.

Personally, I don't buy it, but time will tell.

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic