Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Fuck everyone in this thread that doesn't have the same opinion as me.

While I'm at it, fuck everyone in the world that's not me.

:lol:

You won't be fucking yourself, then?

I don't like Walk Away but it's not awful. I've never understood the hate for Drama Queen though.

The problem I have with Drama Queen is the lyrics...

The problem I have with Drama Queen is the lyrics...

I see what you mean but since I stopped interpreting that in the weirdest possible way its appeal grew for me.

I don't like Walk Away but it's not awful. I've never understood the hate for Drama Queen though.

All the hype from the acoustic performances on the 21CB tour. The intrigue when it got moved from Dos to Tre. All the excitement for that lovely acoustic love song. Then one period joke killed the whole thing.

• Like 1

I don't get at all why people get annoyed by the word "bleed" in Drama Queen. I mean, it's something that naturally happens, and I think most of Green Day fans are open-minded enough not to care about it. It could even mean something very different, like "she's old enough to suffer" or "she's old enough to be offended".

It just doesn't bother me at all, help me to figure out what gets to you so much please.

There's just something inherently creepy about a 40 year old man singing about a girl's first period I guess.
  • Like 2

There's just something inherently creepy about a 40 year old man singing about a girl's first period I guess.

Especially considering that both of his children are boys. It would be creepy anyway though. :P

He sings about masturbation at every concert as well.

He's not really though, he just alludes to the fact that she's old enough to have periods/bleed as a metaphor for the fact that she's old enough to be exploited/"bled" by her family/record company/media/society etc, as a young female celebrity. It's not like it's a graphic description of menstrual bleeding. And the song is supposed to be creepy anyway, young women being pushed into the limelight too young and exploited even by their own families is creepy.

He sings about masturbation at every concert as well.

People are silly about periods, apparently even one vague reference to them as a metaphor is a problem. I'm surprised there isn't more complaining about Red Tide, which is actually about periods/PMS.
  • Like 2

He's not really though, he just alludes to the fact that she's old enough to have periods/bleed as a metaphor for the fact that she's old enough to be exploited/"bled" by her family/record company/media/society etc, as a young female celebrity. It's not like it's a graphic description of menstrual bleeding. And the song is supposed to be creepy anyway, young women being pushed into the limelight too young and exploited even by their own families is creepy.

People are silly about periods, apparently even one vague reference to them as a metaphor is a problem. I'm surprised there isn't more complaining about Red Tide, which is actually about periods/PMS.

Oh yeah, I know, I was just explaining that that's the issue people have with it.

What's Red Tide? :ermm:

Oh yeah, I know, I was just explaining that that's the issue people have with it.

What's Red Tide? :ermm:

Oh yeah, responding to people with the issue in general rather than you for describing it.

Foxboro Hot Tubs :lol:. "Is this passion or...or your red tide?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1JuIIQZ0r4

Oh yeah, responding to people with the issue in general rather than you for describing it.

Foxboro Hot Tubs :lol:. "Is this passion or...or your red tide?"

Ah, of course. You can tell how many times I've listened to that album...

Ah, of course. You can tell how many times I've listened to that album...

You're missing out then! I think I've listened to it more than any Green Day album, it's great.
  • Like 2

Perfect explanation, couldn't say it better :)

And disliking a song is more than fine, but disliking a song for that reason is a bit silly imho.

Had never thought of Red Tide having that specific meaning, thanks

:happy:

Alright, that is a good point. I never really thought it that way, that it actually about celebrities. Damn me :P but yes, the whole child/teen actor/singer/star thing is creepy, especially the way media treats them and all that shite.

Anyway it IS a good song, but lyrics are nothing special.

At least it is lyrically better than Makeout Party which must be one of the most lyrically embarrassing things they have ever done.

I think that 8th Avenue Serenade is one of the best songs on the Trilogy...

Same, i just think the production killed it.

Same, i just think the production killed it.

I have never got whats wrong with the production of the Trilogy. (Or more correctly I get why some people think it's bad but personally I disagree). Some songs are better on Demolicious, for sure, but as a whole the production on Trilogy has never bothered me. What bothers me are the lyrics (especially on Dos) and the derivative music (especially on Dos and sometimes on Uno).

Tre actually is pretty good album, both song-wise and production-wise.

• lizziebix featured this topic