Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

5 hours ago, Jirachi said:

I really dislike the cover art to Warning and wish they used the single art for Warning or went with the one people mostly use on youtube thats just the guy getting hit my lightning on a green background instead :v

I know right? They had that totally awesome lightning man design right there! And stuck it in the booklet and used the most boring photo ever for the cover. Madness.

• Like 1

They just look so sad on the cover. It always makes me think of how they weren't even sure of the future of the band around that time. 

The booklet is designed really well with a warning signs theme (the lightning man and other ones too) and then the cover (along with the rest of the photos from that shoot) is just totally irrelevant to that theme. It's true the shoot fits the style/sound of the songs but it just would've been much more striking if they went all in with the "warning" theme from the title/lyrics with the lightning man on the front. Could've been an iconic album cover.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 6:54 PM, Hermione said:

Blame Billie's limited harmonica skills :P 

but the 20 seconds of it he plays on stage every night is priceless with cuteness :wub: (I know, wrong thread)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

but the 20 seconds of it he plays on stage every night is priceless with cuteness :wub: (I know, wrong thread)

Oh yeah it's cool when he plays it on stage. Cuteness or x rated sexiness depending on how you look at it :whistle(yes wrong thread :P). It's always fun when Billie plays other instruments, like the drums, or the sax/kazoo battle was a highlight last time I saw them :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, The Insider said:

Because I have nothing else to do....

Christian's Inferno is a better song than Youngblood

I agree, but I think they're both great songs that are hard to compare because they're extremely different (although I know they share being often hated on :P).

• Like 2

I like both, Youngblood was great live and I wish I’d seen Christian’s Inferno live, pretty sure they didn’t play it when I saw 21CB tour.

• Like 1

I don't really get why fans are so eager to see songs like Minnesota Girl and Olivia on a future album. Or why every new album theory and fake tracklist uses them :lol: I think Minnesota Girl is very overrated. I do love Olivia, but they have hundreds of other songs we don't know about that are probably more interesting (and more exciting because they're mysteries). I guess it's just knowing they exist that's so tempting. In that case though I'm more intrigued by songs like Wonderful that nearly ended up on 21st Century Breakdown because I haven't heard them at all.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jengd said:

I like both, Youngblood was great live and I wish I’d seen Christian’s Inferno live, pretty sure they didn’t play it when I saw 21CB tour.

Yeah I think they only played Christian's Inferno at the small shows before the main tour kicked off? I'd have loved to have seen it live too.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I don't really get why fans are so eager to see songs like Minnesota Girl and Olivia on a future album. Or why every new album theory and fake tracklist uses them :lol: I think Minnesota Girl is very overrated. I do love Olivia, but they have hundreds of other songs we don't know about that are probably more interesting (and more exciting because they're mysteries). I guess it's just knowing they exist that's so tempting. In that case though I'm more intrigued by songs like Wonderful that nearly ended up on 21st Century Breakdown because I haven't heard them at all.

Yeah I think it's because we have these songs that we know are good but the recordings are so bad they're virtually unlistenable. With the ones we haven't heard we can't even imagine them and don't know if they're good or not but with the badly recorded ones we're just so close to having some good tracks to listen to but can't have them. I also think people are particularly into Minnesota Girl because it's this special romantic song to Adrienne that's kind of mysterious (not properly released and usually only played in Minnesota), if it was actually just a song on an album it probably wouldn't be hyped so much.

I would really like to hear that song Wonderful as well though :lol: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Also the one listed in Cuatro as Gabriela. Has anyone heard any bits of that? 

I believe it was played at some of the secret shows in 2011 and eventually ended up cut into pieces that were used in other songs. We saw some handwritten lyrics from it that were published in a different song.

I know Todd says it’s a real song but I still have doubts on Wonderful being a song Butch Vig the only source I’ve seen for it and Butch has a history of remembering songs that don’t exist (he has mentioned a song from Nevermind where Dave and Krist were like the fuck you talking about and a song from Smashing Pumpkins and Billy says he doesn’t know the song Butch was talking about and Billy doesn’t forget his songs for nada) 

16 hours ago, Hermione said:

I agree, but I think they're both great songs that are hard to compare because they're extremely different (although I know they share being often hated on :P).

I actually love the start of Christian's Inferno and never skip it when others are listening - Youngblood is just embarrassing and cringy. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 11:56 PM, The Insider said:

Youngblood is just embarrassing and cringy. 

This may sound weird, but I love that Billie writes embarrassing and cringy songs. Not that I necessarily find them myself cringy, even though I see where this feeling comes from in Youngblood for instance, but for some reason I like that some of their songs can have this reputation. They don't give a shit and keep playing them. I wish they continue to play more embarrassing and cringy songs live, with the same passion they played Youngblood throughout the Rev Rad tour :P.

• Like 4

On 12/23/2018 at 1:24 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I am the living end
I am a dying breed
I am a girl’s best friend
I am a diamond ring

They should have included every song for the Trilogy! How many total did we have titles for again?

The fandom might have exploded with rage and disappointment but I'd totally have taken every unused Trilogy song :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

The fandom might have exploded with rage and disappointment but I'd totally have taken every unused Trilogy song :P

Agreed. At the very least Demolicious should have been most or all unreleased songs instead of just one.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Agreed. At the very least Demolicious should have been most or all unreleased songs instead of just one.

I'd kill for a music only version of Nightlife.

• Like 1