Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

11 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Hides behind a pile of bricks

I’m sick of Hold On.

Stop listening to it then.  Hold On is fab.

2 hours ago, The Insider said:

Stop listening to it then.  Hold On is fab.

It’s called Unpopular Opinions for a reason.

2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Not sure how unpopular this is on here, but I really like Ashley. I get chills every time I listen to it.

It’s one I skip every time 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Not sure how unpopular this is on here, but I really like Ashley. I get chills every time I listen to it.

I actually really like that song. I dig the chaotic, speedy vibe of it. Though when I first heard it I thought he was saying "Are you crying on Michael Jordan?" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

It’s called Unpopular Opinions for a reason.

Rebuttal🙂 that's how the thread keeps moving

8 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Very unpopular - can add Amanda to the list.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Very unpopular - can add Amanda to the list.

Amanda or Ashley, hard to decide which I dislike more. Oh I know, it’s The Forgotten 😁

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can't hate any song with Billie singing to me from behind an piano. 

Ashley = hate

Amanda = meh

But I do like Amy, since we are on the A girls names 

Ashley is great, love the fast pace of it and the sleaziness, especially in the Demolicious version ("You used to dangle my heart with your puppet strings/You dangled your desires right in front of my face/You led me to the well but wouldn’t let me drink/Swallowing my pride and I never even got the taste" - damn).

I also like Amanda because it's an interesting part of the "story", closure/resolution of some sort. And the "I couldn't be your ma-a-a-an" bit is so Beatles :wub: 

• Like 3

Im still annoyed Ashley wasn't on Uno so that each album would have a song named after a girl who's name starts with A >:v

Anywho I like Ashley, I haven't heard Amanda in a while, and i haven't touched Amy in a loooong time.

5 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Im still annoyed Ashley wasn't on Uno so that each album would have a song named after a girl who's name starts with A >:v

Anywho I like Ashley, I haven't heard Amanda in a while, and i haven't touched Amy in a loooong time.

Amy is the best of the three though :confused:

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 5:04 PM, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I’m sick of Hold On.

I think it's one of the songs that made me realize how much the album Warning is special, it's a really honest and vulnerable song that speaks to me a lot. There is something in the melody that can be monotonous, I don't know how I would like it without being totally into the lyrics at the same time. For a while I loved to listen to it in repeat (I have periods where I can't stop to listen to one song in repeat, and then it's time to move on :P... there are actually rather few songs that I never get bored to listen to in repeat), but now I just love to listen to Hold On on the album, I think it's perfect right after Deadbeat Holiday. Those two may be my favorite pairing in the album.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:14 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Amanda or Ashley, hard to decide which I dislike more. Oh I know, it’s The Forgotten 😁

But Amanda and The Forgotten are so good :cry: whereas Ashley is really enjoyable. The Forgotten is one of my fave GD songs

• Like 1

The Forgotten hate makes me sad :( I love it and I think the lyrics are beautiful. It's the perfect ending to albums that touch on forbidden love. "Sometimes you're better lost than to be seen," but "don't look away from the arms of love."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Bellie said:

I think it's one of the songs that made me realize how much the album Warning is special, it's a really honest and vulnerable song that speaks to me a lot. There is something in the melody that can be monotonous, I don't know how I would like it without being totally into the lyrics at the same time. For a while I loved to listen to it in repeat (I have periods where I can't stop to listen to one song in repeat, and then it's time to move on :P... there are actually rather few songs that I never get bored to listen to in repeat), but now I just love to listen to Hold On on the album, I think it's perfect right after Deadbeat Holiday. Those two may be my favorite pairing in the album.

I probably should clear the air before I dig myself into a deeper drunk bunny hole.

I LOVE Hold On, but it’s one of the few Green Day songs I can’t listen to on repeat like songs such as Minority, Bang Bang, J.A.R., Holiday, the list goes on. When I wrote that post, I had listened to it on loop for a while and kind of gotten sick of it at the moment. So, my fault.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I probably should clear the air before I dig myself into a deeper drunk bunny hole.

I LOVE Hold On, but it’s one of the few Green Day songs I can’t listen to on repeat like songs such as Minority, Bang Bang, J.A.R., Holiday, the list goes on. When I wrote that post, I had listened to it on loop for a while and kind of gotten sick of it at the moment. So, my fault.

I feel the same way. I like the song, but sometimes when I hear that harmonica riff I quickly change. I agree that it's not a song to blast on repeat, but hearing it occasionally is nice.

32 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I feel the same way. I like the song, but sometimes when I hear that harmonica riff I quickly change. I agree that it's not a song to blast on repeat, but hearing it occasionally is nice.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, it took me a lot of tries before I started liking Hold On. It’s not a bad idea to have a harmonica as the lead, but I found it so bizarre when I first heard it. (And this is coming from someone who will defend Misery to no end.)

• Like 1

Yeah I like Hold On (and love the lyrics) but the harmonica riff is a bit much and can get a bit repetitive. Blame Billie's limited harmonica skills :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is worth noting that the intro to Hold On is very, very, very similar to a Beatles song, which one in particular I can't actually remember but it's definitely on the first half of the Red Album.

13 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

It is worth noting that the intro to Hold On is very, very, very similar to a Beatles song, which one in particular I can't actually remember but it's definitely on the first half of the Red Album.

You're so right, I'll have to go through and listen to them later to see which one it is. Just knowing this already increases my like for the Hold On harmonica :lol: 

1 hour ago, Joey said:

I'll save you a search and tell you it's Love Me Do.

I think it sounds a little closer to I Should Have Known Better.

• Like 1

Love Me Do is the one I thought it was like but it's similar to both. Beatlesesque either way

I really dislike the cover art to Warning and wish they used the single art for Warning or went with the one people mostly use on youtube thats just the guy getting hit my lightning on a green background instead :v

• Like 4