Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

On 6/29/2018 at 7:18 AM, badwolf said:

I feel like shenanigans is a fucking great album that’s so underrated

I guess in the big scheme of things it's underrated but honestly pretty much every time it's mentioned on GDC it's because someone's saying it's great and underrated :lol:. For a b sides compilation I think it's quite well appreciated.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I guess in the big scheme of things it's underrated but honestly pretty much every time it's mentioned on GDC it's because someone's saying it's great and underrated :lol:. For a b sides compilation I think it's quite well appreciated.

So then maybe it’s overrated???? I don’t know, I just love it. :lol:

On 25/6/2018 at 5:51 AM, Hermione said:

The song 80 is so melodramatic I can't deal with it :P. I kind of like it anyway because it's cute but it does make me cringe a bit. Especially the part that goes "not as long as there are girls like you" *dramatic guitar screech* lol

Hahahahaha. I never though that song like that. Since I suffered from some grade of anxiety most of my life, I always found the song quite relatable to me. More than once I have wished to be locked in a padded room :lol:

I think that Green Day actually fucked up the Kerplunk sound. Sounds quite lame for a band who was hoarding attention.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greendepent said:

Hahahahaha. I never though that song like that. Since I suffered from some grade of anxiety most of my life, I always found the song quite relatable to me. More than once I have wished to be locked in a padded room :lol:

Hey me too. But it's that melodramatic (over a girl) that I still find it over the top :lol: 

4 hours ago, badwolf said:

So then maybe it’s overrated???? I don’t know, I just love it. :lol:

I think it's just correctly rated, on here at least :D 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think it's just correctly rated, on here at least :D 

I think some songs get talked about quite a lot on Shenanigans like Suffocate, Desensitized and Ha Ha You're Dead. But others are often forgotten like Rotting, You Lied or Do Da Da

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think some songs get talked about quite a lot on Shenanigans like Suffocate, Desensitized and Ha Ha You're Dead. But others are often forgotten like Rotting, You Lied or Do Da Da

True but when they do get brought up they're met with universal approval. All I'm saying is that thankfully Shenanigans does get quite a lot of appreciation on GDC haha. Also those three are totally the best three songs on it :wub: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hermione said:

True but when they do get brought up they're met with universal approval. All I'm saying is that thankfully Shenanigans does get quite a lot of appreciation on GDC haha. Also those three are totally the best three songs on it :wub: 

I also love Scumbag 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I also love Scumbag 

Yes! Love the wordplay

• Like 3

On 7/1/2018 at 8:05 AM, Hermione said:

Yes! Love the wordplay

Saaaaame the wordplay on scumbag is amazing

On the topic of shenanigans: I cannot stand the screaming/smashing noises on desensitized.

• Like 1

I just listened to Too Much Too Soon for the first time in months today, and I actually think I prefer it to most of the songs on AI.

10 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I think Insomniac is a better record than Dookie.

This so much!:wub:

I really don’t like the song “ordinary world”. A lot of comments on youtube videos have led me to believe that a lot of people like that song but for me it is just too slow and boring.

Edited by MagicGraGraDaFan39
I misunderstood what the thread was about so i wrote something different😂

3 hours ago, MagicGraGraDaFan39 said:

I really don’t like the song “ordinary world”. A lot of comments on youtube videos have led me to believe that a lot of people like that song but for me it is just too slow and boring.

This isn't too unpopular, I don't think. I'm not too keen on the song and I've heard others say that too. It's definitely the weakest song on the album imo but it's alright.

• Like 2

Yeah it's okay. I just that it's a weak end for RevRad. I still think a better closing track is Forever Now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Yeah it's okay. I just that it's a weak end for RevRad. I still think a better closing track is Forever Now. 

The closing track is Forever Now for me, that’s when I turn the album off 🙂 (I do the same thing with 21CB and it ends on Mass Hysteria)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The closing track is Forever Now for me, that’s when I turn the album off 🙂 (I do the same thing with 21CB and it ends on Mass Hysteria)

I don't understand why people hate See the Light? I think that's a fantastic song and a great closer!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I like OW. It's not one of my favourites or anything, but I like it.:) And it sounds beautiful live.:wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OW is not my favorite song, but I like for the simplicity that it has. I didn't get to hear it live at my show because Billie played 21 guns acoustic (which was beautiful).

• Like 2

OW is in my top 15 GD songs, and second favorite off of RevRad.  Anytime Forever Now comes up on my shuffle, it feels incomplete without OW after it.  Perfect ending to RevRad.  Ordinary World is like wrapping yourself up in a soft blanket that you just got out of the dryer right after you get out of a warm bath and sit in a cozy chair in front of a fireplace while rain falls outside as you sip a hot chocolate and burn scented candles while cuddling with a puppy sitting in your lap.

I will defend Ordinary World to the death. :)

• Love 2

See the Light is okay, but I find I always skip when I hear that opening riff. I dunno why. It's a song that's just there and I don't find it that interesting.

• Like 2

I honestly never skip any songs on any albums. I guess I am just easier to please than some people, because I genuinely do enjoy every one of Green Day's songs. Actually, after my first listen to Rev Rad, I cried as OW was ending 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

See the Light is okay, but I find I always skip when I hear that opening riff.

I find it's the kind of song I often skip, but actually enjoy when I do listen all the way through.  Last Night on Earth is the 21CB song that I can't stand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Its a travesty not listening to 21CB from start to finish - the album is so well crafted.

OW is simplistic & a good closer for the album - it calms  you down after  the glorious ride of FN.  I don't care that much for it live - brutal  love is far superior.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SHART said:

Its a travesty not listening to 21CB from start to finish - the album is so well crafted.

This

• Like 3