Spike

On 23/04/2018 at 4:11 PM, Hermione said:

Oh man I forgot that. I'll have to give Forever Now a close second

To me it's second behind Still Breathing live. :wub:

21 hours ago, SHART said:

Forever Now was glorious.

Why do you speak at the past ? :cry:

• Like 1

The Longshot is a better album than RevRad - there is not one cringeworthy song #youngblood.  @Grubby Poop :)

On 24/04/2018 at 12:05 AM, Thatsername said:

I couldn't agree more!!! If the KFAD haters can live without THIS, it's their problem. I can't :woot::

BJ should realize half the crowd can't even see him when he is lying on the floor.  Although I don't mind a good floor hump:wub:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, SHART said:

The Longshot is a better album than RevRad - there is not one cringeworthy song #youngblood.  @Grubby Poop :)

BJ should realize half the crowd can't even see him when he is lying on the floor.  Although I don't mind a good floor hump:wub:

Agreed on the song that must not be named. But also agree with @G-L-O-R-I-A. There is nothing ground breaking on it. It is just pure happiness and fun. While there is not a bad song on LIFL, there is nothing like Forever Now on it. I can't compare them, they are just so very different.  

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Hmm, I think I love the Longshot and RevRad equally for different reasons. There's not one bad song on the Longshot's album, but there's nothing particularly groundbreaking on it either imo. And for me, Revrad is the opposite of that - there are some not so good songs, but there are also some songs that I think are absolutely amazing. To me, Forever Now alone is better than most of LIFL combined.

I almost agreed with you, so I fixed it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Hmm, I think I love the Longshot and RevRad equally for different reasons. There's not one bad song on the Longshot's album, but there's nothing particularly groundbreaking on it either imo. And for me, Revrad is the opposite of that - there are some not so good songs, but there are also some songs that I think are absolutely amazing. To me, Bang Bang alone is better than most of LIFL combined.

Hmm that’s a good point. That was my thinking when I said it — I can easily name four songs I don’t like all that much on RevRad and I can’t on LIFL. Also LIFL is new and I’m still enjoying playing it on repeat.

I honestly only listened to the LIFL title track, thought "OK so it's a kinda boring Trilogy-esque sound, never mind", so I'd definitely pick Bang Bang over the whole thing. 

I was actually really excited for new stuff too when the Coverups did Chinese Rock and Neat Neat Neat.

It’s funny how people are comparing The Longshot with RevRad, as if RevRad were a band :lol:

I get that you mean; Love Is For Losers and the EPs together, but if it‘s the totality of The Longshot‘s work (until now) it’s comparing apples and oranges anyway lol 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

I honestly only listened to the LIFL title track, thought "OK so it's a kinda boring Trilogy-esque sound, never mind", so I'd definitely pick Bang Bang over the whole thing. 

I was actually really excited for new stuff too when the Coverups did Chinese Rock and Neat Neat Neat.

I thought it was just going to be like some Green Day b sides judging from the 3 songs on the original EP but the album as a whole has a fabulous retro/60s thing going on. There are some similarities to the trilogy but I think it really has its own sound that makes it a legitimate different project. And the Soundcloud EPs don't sound like GD at all. If you haven't yet I'd give the album and soundcloud EPs a listen, you might be surprised like I was.

• Like 2

I really don't get the hype for The Longshot. It's not bad by any means and the album is enjoyable, but it's not something I'll be listening to a lot. Seems pretty generic to me and very few of the song stuck with me after listening to the album a few times. 

10 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Hmm, I think I love the Longshot and RevRad equally for different reasons. There's not one bad song on the Longshot's album, but there's nothing particularly groundbreaking on it either imo. And for me, Revrad is the opposite of that - there are some not so good songs, but there are also some songs that I think are absolutely amazing. To me, Bang Bang alone is better than most of LIFL combined.

BANG BANG is the bomb - I hope it never leaves the setlist.  I would take it over WICA & that's saying something.  WICA is my all time favourite song but to me last tour it was just meh.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SHART said:

BANG BANG is the bomb - I hope it never leaves the setlist.  I would take it over WICA & that's saying something.  WICA is my all time favourite song but to me last tour it was just meh.

I don't know you anymore. You are no longer my favorite.

2 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

I don't know you anymore. You are no longer my favorite.

We got runner up anyways:mad:

Idk if this unpopular but

Revolution Radio and Jesus of Suburbia and Wake Me Up When September Ends all had very meh at best music videos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jirachi said:

Idk if this unpopular but

Revolution Radio and Jesus of Suburbia and Wake Me Up When September Ends all had very meh at best music videos.

I would add Last of the American Girls to that list - I can't stand that video.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

It’s funny how people are comparing The Longshot with RevRad, as if RevRad were a band :lol:

I get that you mean; Love Is For Losers and the EPs together, but if it‘s the totality of The Longshot‘s work (until now) it’s comparing apples and oranges anyway lol 

I agree. It is pretty silly. :lol: 

7 hours ago, SHART said:

I would add Last of the American Girls to that list - I can't stand that video.

With apologies to all who don’t frequent the fan girls thread, try this version of LOTAG 

• Like 2
  • Love 1