Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Just in response to people saying BOBD and 21 Guns are overrated.

I think BOBD and 21 Guns are good songs, of course there are better GD songs that should've been popular, but I think Good Riddance is a very average song that got very popular. For GD's standard, it's really poor. Not a song that I'd listen to on its own

If they released that song now, I guarantee it never would've been remembered as one of their greatest. I guess at the time of Nimrod, it was more of their more different songs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

Nightlife and kill the dj are the best songs off of the trilogy, fight me

I wouldn't say they're the best of the trilogy, but they're damn good. Kill the DJ is actually what got me excited for those albums. Oh Love as a single? :thumbsdown:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I wouldn't say they're the best of the trilogy, but they're damn good. Kill the DJ is actually what got me excited for those albums. Oh Love as a single? :thumbsdown:

Oh I remember when oh love came out I was like "this is good! Ok I can work with this!" Then I heard the rest of uno and I was like LOL SIKE. I haven't listened to oh love in years. 

I was joking y'all when I said they're the best songs on the trilogy, but I actually really really love them despite the hate they get lmao 

13 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Kill the DJ and Oh Love are two of my top 15 GD songs.  Even bigger blasphemy?  I like their videos too.

I love the kill the dj video omg

5 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

Nightlife needs to go die in a fire what the fuck are you talking about

do you even nightlife?

do you even take a ride to your old haunts?

• Haha 3

On 14/09/2017 at 2:00 PM, MMwhatsername said:

Roshambo is acutally the only Network-song I like because it sounds so much like Green Day. The other stuff just isn't my thing.

That's funny because Roshambo is actually the only Network song I'm not keen on :lol: I love the rest of the album though.

On 23/09/2017 at 4:34 AM, miss green day said:

Unpopular opinion: I feel like Green Day's routine for their live shows is stale. We get it, we get pumped to Blitzkrieg Bop/Bohemian Rhapsody before they come on stage, then the drunk bunny, then the set list, then ending with Good Riddance. I just feel like things haven't changed in over ten years. I saw them a couple of weeks ago and the whole show for me was like muscle memory, but not necessarily in a good way. There were some awesome little moments, but for the most part, I knew everything that was gonna happen.

I know that being on tour and with being such a popular band, they have to stick to routine to make sure everything goes smoothly. But can't they change the routine? It's gotten old.

Trust me, this isn't an unpopular opinion

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

Nightlife needs to go die in a fire what the fuck are you talking about

Nightlife is good f I g h t m e

there's only two Green Day songs that should go die in a fire IMO but if I say them here y'all might come at me in packs 

52 minutes ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

there's only two Green Day songs that should go die in a fire IMO but if I say them here y'all might come at me in packs 

You are in the right thread - spill it.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

You've said it now, we need to know 

6 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

You've said it now, we need to know 

We could guess?

Sex Drugs & Violence & A little boy named train 

Your turn

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SHART said:

We could guess?

Sex Drugs & Violence & A little boy named train 

Your turn

It must be controversial so I'm gonna say Good Riddance and Take Back

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

How have none of y'all said last ride in lmao 

but honestly I fuckin hate brain stew lmao 

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Worst GD songs:

Take Back

Fashion Victim

The Forgotten

I understand the forgotten but take back and fashion victim??? :(

1 minute ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

i dont like take back much

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Worst GD songs:

Take Back

Fashion Victim

The Forgotten

WOw. Okay I'm not crazy about Take Back but I love the other two :D

3 minutes ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

Last Ride In is just...there. There's nothing really to hate, I don't feel anything for it :lol: Brain Stew though yes I'll fight you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

It’s the only song I skip on Warning. 

2 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

WOw. Okay I'm not crazy about Take Back but I love the other two :D

Last Ride In is just...there. There's nothing really to hate, I don't feel anything for it :lol: Brain Stew though yes I'll fight you

I actually do hate last ride in. I couldn't stand it. I remember buying nimrod and I forced myself to sit through the entire thing. Same with espionage. But yeah brain stew sorry but yikes, that's been my peeing break at Green Day concerts. (When I've had seats, otherwise I've had to be miserable for 3 minutes)

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s the only song I skip on Warning. 

Warning is the holy grail for me, it's the one album that I don't skip any song lol

Just now, -Billiejoezee- said:

I actually do hate last ride in. I couldn't stand it. I remember buying nimrod and I forced myself to sit through the entire thing. Same with espionage. But yeah brain stew sorry but yikes, that's been my peeing break at Green Day concerts. (When I've had seats, otherwise I've had to be miserable for 3 minutes)

Ok I really like Espionage though. But with both of them I really appreciate the experimentation of them regardless of how I feel about the songs themselves. And I don't think the two instrumentals are going to be anyone's favourites!

It's not that I adore Brain Stew or anything, but I just think it's an iconic song. I love it live (in fact the BIAB version is the first version of it I ever heard) and I'm sad it's been cut from the set this tour.

• Like 1

When hubby first her Last Ride In he said an instrumental from GD - BJ must have been high as a kite & forgot the lyrics he wrote:happy:

& I friggin love Brain Stew - I can totally relate to the lyrics.

• Like 2