Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

But in all seriousness saying KFAD should stay because that's when you go to the bathroom is just ridiculous.

(cmon someone bite my bitch is on holidays & im bored) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

But in all seriousness saying KFAD should stay because that's when you go to the bathroom is just ridiculous.

(cmon someone bite my bitch is on holidays & im bored) 

People have to tinkle and gd respect their audience's biological needs. 

You should know this best, Tinkle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

People have to tinkle and gd respect their audience's biological needs. 

Dam you girl - is that all you got😋

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

I'd rather wet myself than go to the toilet during KFAD :P 

😂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I'd rather wet myself than go to the toilet during KFAD :P 

That's dedication.

The idea of attending a Green Day show and then purposely missing any of it is ludicrous to me. The hell if I'm not going to savour every second of their sacred presence.

Then again I felt bad just going to get a drink during the Interrupters' set, so maybe it's just me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

That's dedication.

The idea of attending a Green Day show and then purposely missing any of it is ludicrous to me. The hell if I'm not going to savour every second of their sacred presence.

Then again I felt bad just going to get a drink during the Interrupters' set, so maybe it's just me.

Exactly, even if they're not doing anything inreresting, they are kind of fun to watch :P

• Like 1

Yeah when I go to shows I never want to miss a moment, so I don't drink or eat anything before I go to a show. I don't want to run to the bathroom during and also most likely lose my spot if it's GA.

10 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Blasphemy

I made sure I was early just to see them - they were so much fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinkle said:

Blasphemy

I made sure I was early just to see them - they were so much fun.

Well I said I felt bad didn't I? :( (and this is the correct thread ha)

I had a blast and cheered like hell for them apart from those three minutes, does that make up for it?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unlike most people here, I really don't want Green Day to cut out "King For A Day". Anything off Nimrod, should stay in the set imo. That being said I would have no problem if they dropped the Shout medley that comes right after it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, velvetgrass said:

Unlike most people here, I really don't want Green Day to cut out "King For A Day". Anything off Nimrod, should stay in the set imo. That being said I would have no problem if they dropped the Shout medley that comes right after it.

I was with you up until the Shout medley. I think it is fun, plus Billie sings to me in the medley.

I want them to cut Jesus of Suburbia. I think it just falls flat live. Plus, it is long and they could do 3 more different songs in its place

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I was with you up until the Shout medley. I think it is fun, plus Billie sings to me in the medley.

I want them to cut Jesus of Suburbia. I think it just falls flat live. Plus, it is long and they could do 3 more different songs in its place

I'm actually pretty neutral about the Shout medley, I wouldn't have a problem if they cut it out but if they kept it in I would still probably get something out of it. I enjoyed it more when I saw them for my third time in March (then when I saw them in 2013 for my second time) because they did Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life and I'm a big Monty Python fan and Life Of Brian is my favorite movie of theirs. I know they did it on the American Idiot tour and Bullet In A Bible, but I had never seen them do it live.

I strongly disagree about Jesus Of Suburbia. It is usually one of the biggest highlights of the show for me and it is their best song imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

The two long songs at the end make a grand finale. But I wouldn't mind if they played Homecoming instead of JoS. 

Homecoming plays soooooooo much better live. I really just fall asleep during JoS. 

Also I disagree on the long song at the end. I don't think it makes for a great finale, I think it disturbs the energy. They can build up so much more energy doing shorter songs instead of one very long one.  

14 minutes ago, velvetgrass said:

I strongly disagree about Jesus Of Suburbia. It is usually one of the biggest highlights of the show for me and it is their best song imo.

I disagree with this 10,000 % (see I made up a percent). I don't think it is even remotely close to their best song. It doesn't flow well. To me if feels like several songs played without a break instead of one multi-part song. However, the piece parts are awesome. I think Homecoming is far superior. It feels like one song, but telling a story in several different parts. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Homecoming plays soooooooo much better live. I really just fall asleep during JoS. 

Also I disagree on the long song at the end. I don't think it makes for a great finale, I think it disturbs the energy. They can build up so much more energy doing shorter songs instead of one very long one.  

I disagree with this 10,000 % (see I made up a percent). I don't think it is even remotely close to their best song. It doesn't flow well. To me if feels like several songs played without a break instead of one multi-part song. However, the piece parts are awesome. I think Homecoming is far superior. It feels like one song, but telling a story in several different parts. 

I really liked the two long songs finale the first time I saw them, but I see how it can become a drag after a while. The long songs definitely aren't energizers, but that doesn't make them bad either. It's good that they pull out something different at the end - they've been playing short songs for 2 hours before the encore.

I think FN and JOS go together really well because they are different - FN has a great flow and JOS feels more like a medley of several shorter songs. At least there's some contrast. 

But I want Homecoming. I was pretty disappointed they didn't play it at least in Oakland

An alternative to JOS and Homecoming- they could play two extra songs during the main part of the set and play Forever Now after AI. Forever Now was epic live and I pray that they keep it and Bang Bang when they tour with the next album. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Marry me :wub: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

An alternative to JOS and Homecoming- they could play two extra songs during the main part of the set and play Forever Now after AI. Forever Now was epic live and I pray that they keep it and Bang Bang when they tour with the next album. 

Or this. I hope FN stays after this tour. It's way to good to be dumped. (But so was EJN and where is it now...)

Forever Now is possibly the best live song in their catalog

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Marry me :wub: 

Yes dear, I've filed the divorce papers. We must stand united in KFAD #KFADForever

• Like 2

• lizziebix featured this topic

You know...JOS is arguably my number 1 GD song but I will agree with it feeling weird at the end right now. It's an opener/beginning song for me. They played it early on in my first show (I can't remember if they opened with that though) and that's just...where it belongs for me. It's a song with a lot of emotional connection for me and at the end of the show...somehow I'm not able to feel it as strongly as I have. That's gotta be from just being wiped out by that point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Forever Now is possibly the best live song in their catalog

Yes dear, I've filed the divorce papers. We must stand united in KFAD #KFADForever

You've sealed the deal with the Forever Now comment :lol:. I don't hate JOS live or anything but it would definitely be my number one to cut over something as entertaining as KFAD. They already play so many AI songs, they don't really do anything that special with it, and now they have another multi part powerful/emotional song in Forever Now (which outdoes JOS imo -  was totally blown away by the passion of the FN performance) to replace it with.

It's really hard to justify getting rid of any staple (which needs to be done eventually if any new/different songs are going to be played) because they all seem essential but I think there's more to justify removing JOS than there is for most.

• Like 2

I can't believe KFAD/Shout is so unpopular. It's one I was looking forward to most when I saw them this tour. It's just fun

It's dad's favourite green day song too, so he'd be devo if they cut it :ninja: 

• Like 3