Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

The fact that this thread even exists says a lot. No matter what mistakes they may have made, Green Day is my fuckin' band through and through. They're the soundtrack to my life. Are some albums better than others? Sure, that can be said for any artist. Have they been slowing down the last few years? Yeah, I can see that. But to start a whole thread for the sole purpose of bashing them is beyond me. Dress it up anyway you like...even use the whole "intelligent discussion" guise to make yourselves feel better. But a true Green Day fan, or anyone who has lived on this earth for the past decade knows that intelligent discussions are few and far between these days, especially on a fuckin' thread on a band fan web site. I'm grateful for whatever they put  out, because I always find something to love, to hold on to. Why? Because a real Green Day fan, some one who just sits back and appreciates their music, know that Green Day, the basis of who they are, their core, can always be found. And to all you pathetic fuckers who continuously bash the trilogy, fuck you, and the digital horse you rode in on. To be a Green Day fan, a real one, having over 30 songs of new material being released in such a short time was a highlight of my life. Yeah, I sat there and said this song was great, this one sucks, and that one is okay, but some of my favorite songs in the world come from the Trilogy. And fuck you to all who made Green Day feel even an ounce of guilt over making it. The fact that they even fuckin' did it is why I love and respect them. I hope Green Day reads this and can find a sense of relief, no matter how small, knowing that there are still people out there who trust them to provide memories and experiences through their amazing music. I only posted this because I couldn't comprehend how disgusted I was to see a concentration of so-called "fans" shitting on what they supposedly love. I'm not saying that Green Day can do no wrong. But to sit there and act like you know what "wrong" is...well, it makes you just like everyone else. And if there is one thing I have learned from Green Day's music and being just a fuckin' fan, it's that being like everyone else is the worst thing to be. So here's to another 30 years of Green Day, another 30 years of ups and downs, of rage and love, of my band never letting me down. 

- The Last of the Nimrods...

On 30.7.2017 at 0:25 PM, Gechy said:

1. I don't like Billie's lirycs anymore. He keeps on using the same old words again and again.

I partly agree when we're talking about the trilogy. The lyrics are kind of repetetive and sometimes cringe-worthy there. But definitely not all of them. Lazy Bones for example has some of the most honest lyrics he has ever written.

And talking about RevRad, I even think Somewhere Now, Still Breathing and Forever Now have some of Billie's best lyrics ever. They are so honest and reflective withouth the heaviness of some AI/21CB songs, and I love that. But that's - like everything - a question of personal taste. :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I don't know how much of an unpopular opinion this is, but I really love Troublemaker. It's fun, it's catchy and it's one of my favourite songs from Uno. TBH, I don't give a shit if people think the lyrics are bad - I find the song (and the lyrics) entertaining and it always puts a smile on my face, so that's good enough for me. :ga:

I agree! The lyrics may be stupid and make no sense but the flow and sound of them work really well. Love the whole album through and through.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I agree! The lyrics may be stupid and make no sense but the flow and sound of them work really well. Love the whole album through and through.

It's really strange because I've never been a fan of Uno. I used to really dislike it, but since the Fell For You remix came out, I've been listening to the album a lot more and it's really growing on me. Troublemaker has always been one of my favourites though. :happy:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

It's really strange because I've never been a fan of Uno. I used to really dislike it, but since the Fell For You remix came out, I've been listening to the album a lot more and it's really growing on me. Troublemaker has always been one of my favourites though. :happy:

Promo: done :lol:

• Like 2

I like Last Ride In. Whenever I listen to it, it always reminds me of being on holiday. I can imagine myself by a pool or beach listening to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I don't know how much of an unpopular opinion this is, but I really love Troublemaker. It's fun, it's catchy and it's one of my favourite songs from Uno. TBH, I don't give a shit if people think the lyrics are bad - I find the song (and the lyrics) entertaining and it always puts a smile on my face, so that's good enough for me. :ga:

Yes I love it! Also "I wouldn't say I'm straight 'cause I'm bent out of shape" = the most badass lyric on the trilogy

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

"I wouldn't say I'm straight 'cause I'm bent out of shape" = the most badass lyric on the trilogy

Agreed! I love that line

37 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I like Last Ride In. Whenever I listen to it, it always reminds me of being on holiday. I can imagine myself by a pool or beach listening to it.

Me too! As well as it just being a cool laid back tune I think it's genius that they have a calm surfy interval in the middle of the album :lol:. It cements two of the album's best attributes - it's retro/surfy vibe and it's quirkiness. 

• Like 3

On 8/5/2017 at 0:30 PM, Hermione said:

Yes I love it! Also "I wouldn't say I'm straight 'cause I'm bent out of shape" = the most badass lyric on the trilogy

That singular line = a better coming out than the entirety of coming clean

On 8/5/2017 at 8:08 AM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Agreed!  I'd probably rank it 4th on Uno.  I didn't even know it was unpopular until the Reddit sub voted it last on Uno's Survivor.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Q.B said:

I really like Song of the Century. 

Me too, I think it's beautiful 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Q.B said:

I really like Song of the Century. 

I hope that's not an unpopular opinion. It was an epic moment when that song was played during the 21CB tour and then moments later the boys came out to play 21st Century Breakdown. <3

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

I hope that's not an unpopular opinion. It was an epic moment when that song was played during the 21CB tour and then moments later the boys came out to play 21st Century Breakdown. <3

I've only ever heard people complaining about it so I've gotten the impression it's a bit unpopular :happy: Ugh so jealous, I'd love to experience that live! 

I've never really been a fan of Basket Case and Minority, and I wouldn't miss them if they stopped playing them live. Oh, and I can't stand Dirty Rotten Bastards.

Forever Now is one of my least favourite songs on RevRad. :sorry:

However, it's one of my favourite live songs, so I guess that evens it out.:lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

However, it's one of my favourite live songs, so I guess that evens it out.:lol:

Its glorious live & even now when I listen to the CD I cant help but add JUMP JUMP JUMP:)

Still my favourite is Bang Bang live & from RevRad.

• Like 4

It's a very week argument to say KFAD should stay because people want to tinkle. it might be a legit argument for a $40 ticket but we pay $150 per night why waste it in the dunny👑🙃

31 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

It's a very week argument to say KFAD should stay because people want to tinkle. it might be a legit argument for a $40 ticket but we pay $150 per night why waste it in the dunny👑🙃

That's why I embraced KFAD instead of going to the loo - it would be an expensive tinkle. 

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

That's why I embraced KFAD instead of going to the loo - it would be an expensive tinkle. 

I tried hard - 1 night was ok the rest were shite.

• lizziebix featured this topic