Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

WMUWSE is the worst. 

Hold on... Song or video? Or both?

EDIT: I'm dumb. You're obviously talking about the video. Never mind

• Like 1

On 19. 6. 2017 at 11:09 PM, Jenn. said:

Hahaha! You got me there :lol: but that's good floofy. 21CB era floofy kinda looked synthetic at times, it was just too much. Probably to do with it being too long as well, idk.

Finally someone who agrees with me on this! 21CB hair was too styled/fake-looking. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 3:38 PM, kaylubd said:

I love those balloons just because they're so terrible. And I think the Billie one has a mean Elvis sneer! :lol:

They do amuse me to be fair :lol: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching the Revolution Radio video and it's pretty cool, but it also reminded me that while musically it's mostly a good song it has quite possibly the blandest, dullest bassline Mike's ever written.

Revolution Radio is one of my least favorite songs on the album. It's just blah to me. It's very bland and boring.

• Like 1

RevRad was definitely my least favorite out of the 3 singles, but the ones i usually forget about are Too Dumb to Die, Troubled Times, and even Forever now. Especially Too Dumb to Die though

It's one of my least favourites on the album as well, but to be fair that's just because there's so many really good songs on it :lol:. My bottom three would be Ordinary World, Revolution Radio and Troubled Times but I like them all.

I prefer the acoustic Words I Might Have Ate to the studio version. 

And after listening to Kerplunk, Strangeland is my probably my least favorite Green Day song. 

37 minutes ago, Destiny. said:

And after listening to Kerplunk, Strangeland is my probably my least favorite Green Day song. 

Same. I mean it's not really part of Kerplunk, the last 4 songs are the "Sweet Children EP" they recorded in 1990 when they got some time in a random studio on tour that Billie probably wrote when he was like 14/15, so makes sense that they'd be the worst thing they've put out. I think they only bothered because they happened to get the chance to record something and hadn't recorded them before, and it was just stuck on the end of Kerplunk later as a bonus. I do enjoy getting to hear some of the earliest stuff they wrote because that's kind of cool and interesting but it's pretty bad :P 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destiny. said:

I prefer the acoustic Words I Might Have Ate to the studio version. 

Yes, acoustic Words I Might Have Ate is my favorite too. 

• Like 3

I actually like the Sweet Children EP. I mean, it's obviously not the best thing they've ever done, not even close, but I like Sweet Children and Best Thing In Town. My Generation is an okay cover. I don't really like Strangeland though.

It's cute to listen to. I think Billie's said Best Thing In Town was the first song he wrote so that's pretty cool too. But it's still the worst thing they've recorded :P 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

It's cute to listen to. I think Billie's said Best Thing In Town was the first song he wrote so that's pretty cool too. But it's still the worst thing they've recorded :P 

I thought Why Do You Want Him was the first song he wrote?

• Like 2

Just now, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I thought Why Do You Want Him was the first song he wrote?

Could be another "first" then, like first he wrote with Mike? I know he's said it was first something but yeah I can remember Why Do You Want Him being mentioned in that category too so not sure. It was somewhere in that Times Talk 2005 interview so I'll find it sometime.

Personally I LOVE Revolution Radio. Sure, it's a really simple song but I just love how catchy it is and it always puts me in a good mood. I think Bouncing Off The Wall is easily the weakest song on the album. 

EDIT: Lol as soon as I posted this Revolution Radio came on :D *screams along to the song* 

Why Do you Want Him? was the first song he wrote when he was 14. He's mentioned it in interviews.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Could be another "first" then, like first he wrote with Mike? I know he's said it was first something but yeah I can remember Why Do You Want Him being mentioned in that category too so not sure. It was somewhere in that Times Talk 2005 interview so I'll find it sometime.

If I recall correctly Best Thing In Town was the first song he and Mike ever played together but Why Do You Want Him? was the first he actually wrote.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Q.B said:

Personally I LOVE Revolution Radio. Sure, it's a really simple song but I just love how catchy it is and it always puts me in a good mood. I think Bouncing Off The Wall is easily the weakest song on the album. 

EDIT: Lol as soon as I posted this Revolution Radio came on :D *screams along to the song* 

I love bouncing off the wall 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

If I recall correctly Best Thing In Town was the first song he and Mike ever played together but Why Do You Want Him? was the first he actually wrote.

This sounds accurate. I went searching for previous discussions of this and he did definitely say in an interview that WDYWH was the first song he wrote. Turns out he talked about Best Thing In Town in the bonus audience Q&A part of the Times Talk interview which doesn't seem to exist anywhere now (which is a shame because it was awesome, among other things someone from GDA was there and gave him a GDA sticker :P). But yeah I totally remember him saying something like that about it, and when the interviewer asked him if it was about a girl he said no it's about rock n roll haha.

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

This sounds accurate. I went searching for previous discussions of this and he did definitely say in an interview that WDYWH was the first song he wrote. Turns out he talked about Best Thing In Town in the bonus audience Q&A part of the Times Talk interview which doesn't seem to exist anywhere now (which is a shame because it was awesome, among other things someone from GDA was there and gave him a GDA sticker :P). But yeah I totally remember him saying something like that about it, and when the interviewer asked him if it was about a girl he said no it's about rock n roll haha.

Don't Leave Me is likely the first (or one of the first) song Billie Joe wrote. During show in 1990 (the recording can be downloaded here) he said that he wrote Don't Leave Me in 8th grade. Best Thing In Town is definitely the first song he write in collaboration with Mike, according to this interview.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jake69 said:

Green Day needs to make a record that sounds like take back. 

You could always just record yourself taking a really sloppy dump and listen to that, it'd sound the same :P

• Like 2

• lizziebix featured this topic