Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Ok, guys, I watched Still Breathing Pink Pop live and caught myself on same old thought again. Why the hell they used this high-pitched unnatural voice for the verses when he clearly can sing low and this sounds beautiful and more sincere. I don't know really, the studio version sounds poppy and cheesy, but the concert one is amazing! And the ending with prolonged my way to you is great also.

• Like 1

Maybe he is trying to challenge himself and his vocal range etc.  He has a beautiful voice though imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nowhere Man said:

Ok, guys, I watched Still Breathing Pink Pop live and caught myself on same old thought again. Why the hell they used this high-pitched unnatural voice for the verses when he clearly can sing low and this sounds beautiful and more sincere. I don't know really, the studio version sounds poppy and cheesy, but the concert one is amazing! And the ending with prolonged my way to you is great also.

I just watched that video, and oh my god he sounds so ill:lol: Tbh though I think what you're on about has more to do with the fact that he has to project his voice more at concerts

1 minute ago, Psycho Shop said:

I just watched that video, and oh my god he sounds so ill:lol: Tbh though I think what you're on about has more to do with the fact that he has to project his voice more at concerts

Yeah I know but I even liked the ill version more than the studio one :)

I know it's huge to a lot of people, but I can really live without Rancid supporting Green Day. I just don't like them and I enjoy getting crushed during Green Day's set but I can't be fucked with it during the support act. I'm not a rEaL pUnX

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

I know it's huge to a lot of people, but I can really live without Rancid supporting Green Day. I just don't like them and I enjoy getting crushed during Green Day's set but I can't be fucked with it during the support act. I'm not a rEaL pUnX

Not a fan of being crushed but I like Rancid. #conflcted :rolleyes:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Maria Gloria said:

I can really live without Rancid supporting Green Day. 

FUCKING BLASPHEMY 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tinkle said:

FUCKING BLASPHEMY 

They don't know what it's like to have not seen Rancid in their country since 1998.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, belinda jane said:

They don't know what it's like to have not seen Rancid in their country since 1998.

Well, I think at least some of us do :P Rancid don't tour Europe often, do they? They've been to my country only once (in 2012).

I keep trying to like Rancid because I know other fans do and they're one of my fiance's favourite bands, but nope. Could this replace "Dos is one of my favourite Green Day albums" as my most unpopular Green Day opinion? :o 

Also I like Kill the DJ. Fab song.

• Like 3

I wouldn't have minded seeing Rancid just because it's usually more interesting to see a well known act or an act where you've heard some of the songs before than some random likely to be mediocre less known act. Never going to be particularly desperate to see a ska punk/ska anything band though so not at all bothered that I'm missing them.

2 hours ago, Maria Gloria said:

I keep trying to like Rancid because I know other fans do and they're one of my fiance's favourite bands, but nope. Could this replace "Dos is one of my favourite Green Day albums" as my most unpopular Green Day opinion? :o 

Also I like Kill the DJ. Fab song.

Kill the DJ was the song that got me excited for the Trilogy! I had it as my ringtone for the longest time lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stacie Anne said:

I like the odd Rancid song but I'm not excited to see them by any means. Be nice to have them on the 'bands I've seen live' list though.

I would have killed a man for The Fratellis to be supporting but hey ho.

I feel this way about Rancid too. I'm way more excited about Slaves supporting in Glasgow!

18 hours ago, thundercatmary said:

Not sure how or even if this really is that unpopular but I really love Kill the Dj, I love the song and the video to!  It's just so fun and I love Billie's vocals in this song. :) 

Kill the DJ is one of my favourites. :D I'd pick it over most of RevRad or 21stCB. :ermm:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Kill the DJ is one of my favourites. :D I'd pick it over most of RevRad or 21stCB. :ermm:

FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG! I don't know about picking it over those two but I would pick it over pre dookie green day for sure and most of 21

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maria Gloria said:

"Dos is one of my favourite Green Day albums" 

Redemption :lol:

29 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I agree 

It's annoying to see hate on it this like in every GDC thread in existence lmao like is it suppose to be super lyrical and compete with some of Green Day's best work? no

It's just fun

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

It's annoying to see hate on it 

It is an unpopular opinions thread..

10 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Well, I think at least some of us do :P Rancid don't tour Europe often, do they? They've been to my country only once (in 2012).

That's still more recent than our country :P Haha.
Ah well, one day they may return and all hell will break loose.

• Like 1

I wish Green Day and rancid would tour together here in the USA, because my friends is good friends with Tim and Lars and she knows how badly I've wanted to meet Green Day for the past 23 years, so maybe she could finally help make it happen 😂😂

• Like 3

• lizziebix featured this topic