Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

11 hours ago, Jenn. said:

I love the pyro! I don't think they overuse it at all, I love that I can predict when it'll happen :D 

Hate the hose though. I ducked behind a guy in Leeds and I think Billie tried to get to me but couldn't :lol: 

And I think 21CB is the only GD album without filler, go figure :lol: 

Ok but
christian's inferno

• Like 2

9 hours ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

Ok but
christian's inferno

Yes? :lol: I love it. It's a nice contrast to Last Night On Earth - which is actually a song I'm not keen on but I still don't regard it as filler in the context of the album.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tinkle said:

I wish he would mumble through Youngblood:D

Finally!!!!  Something we can agree on!  You can still be my friend.  

11 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Wooaahhooohh!

What about it - I like it way more than I should.

Luv this album:happy:

For me, Christian's Inferno is 21CB's Youngblood.  Don't hate me.  :cry: 

I agree that Christian's Inferno is one of the weaker songs on 21CB but I don't see it as bad or filler. In an album filled with fantastic songs, there's bound to be a couple that are not as good when compared to the others. And at least Christian's Inferno is one of the tracks that contributes to the album's story. Without that track, Christian might as well not even be a character. It's a song unlike any other that GD has released and I always praise whenever GD experiment, even if it's not always fantastic. I feel it gets a lot of unnecessary hate

I think 21CB has no filler. I mean, compare it to Nimrod which also has 18 tracks. I believe Nimrod has a lot more filler than 21CB

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

For me, Christian's Inferno is 21CB's Youngblood.  Don't hate me.  :cry: 

You will get my rejection letter in the mail.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

You will get my rejection letter in the mail.

but will it be ripped to shreds

• Like 2

Just now, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

but will it be ripped to shreds

Doubt it - we have a long distance relationship that's working just fine:)

• Like 1

Youngblood is a much better song. I don't know if any Green Day song is quite as boring as Christian's Inferno. Not even Rest or the bonus stuff on Kerplunk! I actually like all that stuff.

13 minutes ago, St. Jonny said:

Youngblood is a much better song. I don't know if any Green Day song is quite as boring as Christian's Inferno. Not even Rest or the bonus stuff on Kerplunk! I actually like all that stuff.

It's funny, I thought I disliked Inferno since I hadn't listened to it in ages, and this thread just had me mentally listening to it again after 3-4 years of not hearing it at all. And now I love it and will probably crank it in the car tomorrow. God, even the stuff we think is terrible is actually really good. "Like a flooooooood....."

• Like 3

I like Christian's Inferno, not spectacular but good enough, and if the chorus got taken out it would make for some proper good hardcore.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

I used to hate Rest :lol: Before I became a huge GD fan I deleted songs off my iPod that I wasn't keen on, and that was one of them. Then when I became a huge fan I listened to all the songs I'd deleted and realized I still liked them all better than most music, lol. I wish I could remember others I'd deleted. Tight Wad Hill probably.

20 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Boring??? Totally demonic verses with some of Billie's weirdest lyrics contrasted with a catchy chorus, and a fabulous evil laugh. I think it's one of their most interesting/least boring songs :lol: 

Rest is GD's cheesiest song but I kind of like it for it, like a lot of the songs on that album the lyrics are sappy but they're sung so earnestly that it's sweet and charming.

I love Rest for just how chill it is. I mean it's pretty weird for that era of Green Day, but man I think it's really cool for that! It's definitely always been a song I put on when I'm just trying to chill out (Even though a situation like that would have Rest in a playlist after like 20 other Green Day songs). I'd say it's one of the better songs on 39/Smooth. 

• Like 3

I love Christian's Inferno. Last year, when I first became a GD fan and I first listened to 21CB, I wasn't that keen on it. I always used to skip it and it was probably one of my worst GD songs. However, a few weeks ago, I gave it another listen and I completely fell in love with it. I can't stop listening to it now. :lol:

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

a fabulous evil laugh.

I love the evil laugh, it's amazing. :lol:

1 hour ago, The Great Saiyaman said:

I love Rest for just how chill it is. I mean it's pretty weird for that era of Green Day, but man I think it's really cool for that! It's definitely always been a song I put on when I'm just trying to chill out (Even though a situation like that would have Rest in a playlist after like 20 other Green Day songs). I'd say it's one of the better songs on 39/Smooth. 

Although Rest is one of my least favourite GD songs, I have to agree that it's the perfect song to listen to when you're just trying to chill. :D

Rest is definitely kind of weird and it took me a while, but I actually dig it. No, it's not their best song or anything like that, but I actually don't mind it.

No it's definitely a good burnout song. I don't mind it at all but it is the weakest track on 39/Smooth. However that whole albums rules, is that unpopular? Maybe, I think deep down everybody here loves it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Maybe, I think deep down everybody here loves it!

No 

I was just listening to it yesterday and I definitely love it! Think I like it more than Kerplunk, which is great too but kind of like Dookie junior so it's not as unique. 39/Smooth just has a certain vibe to it and hearing these young plucky kids playing their sappy but sweet love songs like At the Library as well as promisingly thoughtful songs like Road to Acceptance with all their hearts is special. Great melodies and guitar solos too.

• Like 1

I fucking love 39/Smooth, it's just a great punk album.

• Like 3

I love 39/Smooth. I like how it's just so innocent and cute.

It makes me laugh because there is only one swear word on it (in Knowledge, which is a cover, so it doesn't really count) and now, we have Platypus, Kill the DJ and Let Yourself Go. :lol:

• Like 2

• lizziebix featured this topic