Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

24 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I always notice it too but I can't say it bugs me :P

I can't say why it bugs me, I think it's the English accent he uses for that one word, lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I can't say why it bugs me, I think it's the English accent he uses for that one word, lol. 

I didn't know what exactly it was but I totally hear it now when you said it 

15 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Maybe because "first" ends with a T, then then next word "time" starts with a T, so it sounds a bit weird. Doesn't bother me though :lol:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I didn't know what exactly it was but I totally hear it now when you said it 

If I've ruined it for you now I'm sorry! :P 

11 minutes ago, Shahd said:

Maybe because "first" ends with a T, then then next word "time" starts with a T, so it sounds a bit weird. Doesn't bother me though :lol:

I dunno, it could have been him trying to differentiate the words. It's more the 'r' in first though :lol: it sounds a little like 'foost'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I dunno, it could have been him trying to differentiate the words. It's more the 'r' in first though :lol: it sounds a little like 'foost'

Oooh okay now I hear it! Oh man! Why did you tell me that! :P 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shahd said:

Oooh okay now I hear it! Oh man! Why did you tell me that! :P 

Because I want to make my unpopular opinion popular :lol: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jake69 said:

The transition from I want a better way to die and I don't want to think about tomorrow is very awkward. 

I don't know, but it seems completely alright to me. Do you mean like the change of the tempo? Or just the feeling that it doesn't belong there? 

To me, the only part that I don't like is the guitar at the beginning, so I kinda understand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake69 said:

The transition from I want a better way to die and I don't want to think about tomorrow is very awkward. 

SAME! This is the one thing that kills Forever Now for me. It's messy right in there. Just flailing guitars.

I am really like, the only one who doesn't consider this song the crown jewel of RevRad. I like it just fine, but that shift, ugh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jenn. said:

It's fine! I've noticed it before and I almost like how it sounds...I find it amusing how he enunciates normally the whole time and then goes "forrrst" all of a sudden :lol:

3 hours ago, Jake69 said:

True, that transition is rather clumsy - way to die doesn't have a proper ending, it just goes straight into idwttat. I suppose I attributed this to the fact that I like way to die better and feel kinda disappointed when it ends. 

However, the way one flows into another makes sense within the song's narrative. It's a shift in the point of view of the narrator. An interlude might separate these two into two different "stories". I agree it might have been better executed (it confused the hell out of me the first few times) but it makes sense as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Schlappy said:

To me, a lot f Billies improvised guitar solos live are... not so good. love you Beej  :ga:

What about the old one of playing behind his head:lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

What about the old one of playing behind his head:lol:

oh true points for flair absolutely!

• Like 1

I'm not feeling the lack of diversity in the music videos. Like, literally everyone is white. Granted, there may be reasons for it, but doesn't change the fact.

8 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Brutal Love is 1000 x better than SB & would have done better if it had the promotion.

I wanted to argue that SB at least isn't a Sam Cooke rip off but then I remembered it's a Struts rip off :bad:

• Like 2

On 12/6/2016 at 2:31 PM, Jenn. said:

I love Still Breathing but don't like the way Billie says "first" in the line "I'm like a soldier coming home for the first time." It's like, the tiniest thing to criticise in a song but I notice it every single time :lol: 

This has reminded me that I'm mildly annoyed by the way he sings the words "scaRs", "heaRts" and "staRs"  in the second verse of Outlaws. Don't think I've ever heard the letter R pronounced so strongly :lol: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

This has reminded me that I'm mildly annoyed by the way he sings the words "scaRs", "heaRts" and "staRs"  in the second verse of Outlaws. Don't think I've ever heard the letter R pronounced so strongly :lol: 

Haha! I actually quite like that, one of my favourite things about Outlaws is all the elongated words :D it's fun to sing!

There was another annoying thing about a song I thought of last night but I can't remember what it was or even the song :lol: 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Hermione said:

This is how Americans sound to me all the time. Australians are allergic to pronouncing R's unless they're at the beginning of words, so a hard R is a hard R regardless to my ears (and Americans bloody love their R's :lol:).

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I love it. I don't know why, I just always melt a little when I hear it :wub:

1 hour ago, St. Jonny said:

Outlaws continues to grow on me with every listen. Found it to be the most boring on the entire album originally but the lyrics are great, love when it's gets to the I got no supervision line onwards, best part in the song right to the end.

That bridge and ending are epic! Outlaws is among my favorite songs on revrad if not the absolute fave. I wish they'd play it live. 

• lizziebix featured this topic