Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Sometimes I'm not sure how Green Day counts as a band that makes protest music or whatever. Just spent about an hour downloading some SOAD and CCR, if you want to hear some searing, intelligent political protest music go listen to that.

Sometimes I think I'm too old for being a Green Day fan. I remember all 11 year olds liking them in 2009.

He also hit some guy who pushed me and my friend around and told him to shape up. He was amazing.

Awesome there's still people out like that

Billie has "ALL AGES" tattooed on his arm and they genuinely seem to stand for that idea which I've always found awesome. Definitely no age limits for Green Day.

• Like 2

Never mind, I'll take the prior.

May I watch you while threatening you with DRB and a whip in my hand if you refuse to do so? :shifty:

See You Tonight is a sweet little song on its own but I mostly think of it as a Fuck Time intro. The contrast going from that to Fuck Time is pure gold so I wouldn't skip it :lol:

YES, YES and YES! Love you, Hermione! :friends::drinks:

• Like 1

But...Are We The Waiting/St.Jimmy/Give Me Novacaine These three are perfect.

Fixed

Sometimes I'm not sure how Green Day counts as a band that makes protest music or whatever. Just spent about an hour downloading some SOAD and CCR, if you want to hear some searing, intelligent political protest music go listen to that.

I agree and disagree. Green Day has written some of the best politically themed songs of all time, in my opinion. However, they are certainly not a band I would characterize as political in nature. And I wouldn't send someone looking for political music in their direction, if that makes any sense.

• Like 2

I agree and disagree. Green Day has written some of the best politically themed songs of all time, in my opinion. However, they are certainly not a band I would characterize as political in nature. And I wouldn't send someone looking for political music in their direction, if that makes any sense.

I agree with you 100%. AI is one of the most effective political albums ever written. It starts out very, in your face, with AI, but then becomes much more subtle. The way it is designed, it wants to make you think about your choices instead of the writer trying to tell you what your choices should be. The fact that they are not political in nature makes AI that more effective, because it is not coming from a normal source.

• Like 1

Nicely put. I agree Desensitized is up there with their best, and I think You Lied is genius as well.

• Like 1

Ha Ha You´re dead - haven´t listened to it for a long while. Thanx for reminding me, it´s one of my favourites. :)

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic