Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

I dont like Christian's Inferno because I think it's disjointed. The verses are very angry and hard. Then the chorus is repetitive and childish. Its like what a song would sound like if they collaborated with The Wiggles

I don´t know the Wiggles, but these might be the reasons why I like the song. :P

I seriously thing The Wiggles is why you like the song. Here is their big hig.

I will admit, I took my kids to see them. And they were good.

• Like 1

Finally someone appreciates Deadbeat Holiday and Stuart and the Ave as much as I do!! I'm surprised!

I love both those songs. I didn't know it was an unpopular opinion not too. Although I do feel sorry for the cat.

• Like 1

I seriously thing The Wiggles is why you like the song. Here is their big hig. https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB4MNu6W9sg

I will admit, I took my kids to see them. And they were good.

You´ve made my day! lollollollollollollol!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly the kind of music my stupid brain can handle. Maybe I´m not a GD fan - too intellectual - I´m a Wiggles fan! Yummie yummie! :dance:

• Like 1

I've come to the conclusion that Christie Road is Billie's best pre-21CB vocal performance. So there.

Hmmm interesting choice. I'd say in terms of technicality I'll take Give Me Novocaine. I also really like Going to Pasalacqua and 80 for Billie's vocals, but those are less about technicality for me, just delivery

Hmmm interesting choice. I'd say in terms of technicality I'll take Give Me Novocaine. I also really like Going to Pasalacqua and 80 for Billie's vocals, but those are less about technicality for me, just delivery

I went for Christie Road based purely on delivery anyway, so yeah. I'd definitely agree with GME as one of the best technically. Billie wasn't that great a singer in the early days but the nuances of Christie Road really set it apart for me.

I don't get what's so great about 21CB vocals.

Pretty much what Tom said. For example, his range shown on Before the Lobotomy, 21 Guns, Restless Heart Syndrome, and Last Night on Earth are head and shoulders above the rest of their catalog

I just feel like the 21CB vocals sounded fake or odd. I prefer Billie's classic voice in AI, Dookie, Nimord, and Insomniac.

• Like 1

I just feel like the 21CB vocals sounded fake or odd. I prefer Billie's classic voice in AI, Dookie, Nimord, and Insomniac.

I like Nimord too.

• Like 1

That's not the fault of the vocals, though, it's the fault of the production.

• Like 1

That's not the fault of the vocals, though, it's the fault of the production.

Well I get why that would count against someone's opinion of the vocals, because that's precisely why I don't like the Trilogy vocals :P

I like Nimord too.

New album?

I agree that I'd prefer hearing Billie's voice on other albums, because his delivery is unique and unmatched by anyone. But if I'm discussing his best vocal, it is definitely 21CB.

His vocals have got to be the best on 21st CB in technical terms. And what makes them the best overall is subjective of course but I love them best too :wub:

I like Nimrod and 21st CB. Both my favourite albums.

Along with Uno Dos and Tre they're also my joint favourites

• Like 2

His vocals have got to be the best on 21st CB in technical terms. And what makes them the best overall is subjective of course but I love them best too :wub:

Along with Uno Dos and Tre they're also my joint favourites

I'm glad you said this. I think his vocals on the trilogy were excellent. I am amazed at how he has grown as a vocalists. Most singers lose some of their ability as they get older. He has gotten better. It shows how hard he works.

I'm not sure how I feel about the vocals on the Trilogy. I mean there's nothing wrong with them, but the melodies don't flatter Billie's voice at all. It doesn't really show off what he's capable of.

I'm not sure how I feel about the vocals on the Trilogy. I mean there's nothing wrong with them, but the melodies don't flatter Billie's voice at all. It doesn't really show off what he's capable of at all.

Maybe, but compare them to Insomniac where he indecipherable. The enunciation, the clarity and the range are all vastly improved. He always had the ability to interpret, so that is still there. Overall, his vocals have greatly improved over the years. Most singers lose vocal ability as they get older.

I think they're great on the trilogy, really clear. He showed off what he could do with them more on 21st CB because it was that type of album but the quality is still there when used more simply/less ambitiously too.

• Like 2

Maybe, but compare them to Insomniac where he indecipherable. The enunciation, the clarity and the range are all vastly improved. He always had the ability to interpret, so that is still there. Overall, his vocals have greatly improved over the years. Most singers lose vocal ability as they get older.

I like the insomniac vocals

I like the insomniac vocals

I didn't say that I didn't like the insomniac vocals. But he does mumble alot in them. He has become a much better technical vocalist as he has aged

• lizziebix featured this topic