Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

RHS should have been the closer.

Haha yeah, whould have fit perfectly for sure, but maybe too similar from whastername :P

The link I've provided is the only proof we've got.

I mean, here's a more precise link, but a just as accurate one.

Doesn't mean it was performed as they don't always go by the set lists

Doesn't mean it was performed as they don't always go by the set lists

The website has pages for typical set lists, but also pages for the songs played in order. Not to mention it says "First played in concert". Users put information on it, so there was people there.

The website has pages for typical set lists, but also pages for the songs played in order. Not to mention it says "First played in concert". Users put information on it, so there was people there.

Set list.fm is relying on the picture someone took of the bands set list

Not to mention set list.fm also can have fake set lists posted

I remember someone posted "Know Your Enemy x 20" or something like that one night when we couldn't figure out what songs were being played during a show. :P

Yeah, but users can edit the set lists. I highly doubt there was 45 comments without anyone noticing.

I remember someone posted "Know Your Enemy x 20" or something like that one night when we couldn't figure out what songs were being played during a show. :P

What concert was it for?

Yeah, but users can edit the set lists. I highly doubt there was 45 comments without anyone noticing.

What concert was it for?

I don't remember, but it was obviously edited out because it was ridiculous. The show you're referencing was the small Halloween show that very few people were able to attend, so it's doubtful anyone even noticed that DRB was placed on the setlist on setlist.fm, possibly incorrectly. There are too few people to verify it, and since was an unreleased song, it's likely it wasn't actually played since there isn't any video evidence to verify it.

yes since everyone wanted to see DRB live during the tour, if it would have been played someone would have record it. and there are a lot of videos of that show on youtube, but none of the song.

I don't remember, but it was obviously edited out because it was ridiculous. The show you're referencing was the small Halloween show that very few people were able to attend, so it's doubtful anyone even noticed that DRB was placed on the setlist on setlist.fm, possibly incorrectly. There are too few people to verify it, and since was an unreleased song, it's likely it wasn't actually played since there isn't any video evidence to verify it.

Who knows, though? BJA could've been like "THIS SONG'S CALLED CRUSHING BASTARDS" or something like that, he always does that.

Who knows, though? BJA could've been like "THIS SONG'S CALLED CRUSHING BASTARDS" or something like that, he always does that.

I don't know what you mean? Crushing Bastards was changed to Loss of Control.

Until there is solid proof they played it there's no reason to say they've played it as a fact

I don't know what you mean? Crushing Bastards was changed to Loss of Control.

WAIT IT WAS?! GOD DAMMIT

Until there is solid proof they played it there's no reason to say they've played it as a fact

I know. I'm not saying they played it. I'm saying that that's the only proof we've got.

WAIT IT WAS?! GOD DAMMIT

One could assume...

April Fool thought you're falling in love

But now you're sucking on a door knob that I slammed in your face

Life's a cruel crushing bastard crime

But you're a stupid mother fucker and you're doing your time 'cause

We're all crazy, you're all crazy now

Well we're so crazy, you've all gone insane

Loss of control, loss of control

One could assume...

April Fool thought you're falling in love

But now you're sucking on a door knob that I slammed in your face

Life's a cruel crushing bastard crime

But you're a stupid mother fucker and you're doing your time 'cause

We're all crazy, you're all crazy now

Well we're so crazy, you've all gone insane

Loss of control, loss of control

Crushing Bastards

Dirty Rotten Bastards

Bastards

One could also assume that. I mean, don't get me wrong. You're right.

Crushing Bastards

Dirty Rotten Bastards

Bastards

One could also assume that. I mean, don't get me wrong. You're right.

I think in Cautro when they flash thru the lyrics sheet they showed crushing bastards and had lyrics to loss of control someone freeze framed the sheets could be mistaken tho

• Like 1

I can say with confidence that I've never listened to that song in full.

good choice

• Like 1

I really like the lyrics of See The Light. Green Day posted all the album's lyrics online a few weeks before it came out and it was one of the ones I was looking forward to the most because of them, so it was kind of disappointing that it was one of the weakest songs musically when I heard it. But it's OK, and lyrically I think it's the perfect note to end the album on, and I like how the music that introduced the album is repeated at the end too.

• Like 3

"Song of the century" shouldn't even exist on "21st century breakdown".

I like starting the album with it. I think he sounds beautiful on it and is a great into to 21st Century Breakdown. It probably would have been easier just to consider them one song, but they didn't. It kind of reminds me of the into to Letterbomb.

• Like 3

When I first heard that song on the album I was pretty sure it would be reapeted on a verse or chorus of a later track, but it wasn't and I still think it would have been so cool because I really like the melody :/

• Like 1

When I first heard that song on the album I was pretty sure it would be reapeted on a verse or chorus of a later track, but it wasn't and I still think it would have been so cool because I really like the melody :/

They use it at the start of American Eulogy

• Like 3

That's just flat out wrong :P SOTC was the perfect start to 21CBD, and probably the most perfect concert opener Green Day has ever had. Ever.

Yup, I'm the only person who actually likes see the light :lol:

shhhh you're not alone ;)

• lizziebix featured this topic