Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

The whole album is brilliant.

That's true, of course, but H&H is one of the high points.

Before the lobotomy is my favourite - 21cb tour was my first gd tour - I would like them to capture everything about it - the pyro the energy the anger it was friggin incredible.

• Like 1

Before the lobotomy is my favourite - 21cb tour was my first gd tour - I would like them to capture everything about it - the pyro the energy the anger it was friggin incredible.

Before The Lobotomy is definitely fantastic - in fact, I shouldn't really say high points, as they're almost all at the same standard of excellence. And it was my first too, and you're right, it was absolutely incredible.

• Like 2

If we're judging it by Jaded in Chicago, Billie found Heisenberg.

I laughed wayy too much at this. :lol: How come I didn't think of such comment though?

• Like 1

Ha I didn't know Billie didn't like H&H. I always find it really interesting when they don't like a song for whatever reason. And to a lesser extent when they love a certain song

I wonder if one of them hating DRB is also a reason why it has never been played live. :ermm:

OK, I love H & H too. I am really disappointed that Billie doesn't. He did write the damn thing

But even when you write songs yourself... a lot of them come out just 'blah, stupid'. Seriously. I was thinking the same thing, how could he hate his own song and all, and then remembered that I like only about 1/10 of what I write. :lol:

But even when you write songs yourself... a lot of them come out just 'blah, stupid'. Seriously. I was thinking the same thing, how could he hate his own song and all, and then remembered that I like only about 1/10 of what I write. :lol:

True, but they still recorded it. But then again they recorded Makeout Party as well.

True, but they still recorded it. But then again they recorded Makeout Party as well.

:lol: I wonder if they regret it by now.

• Like 1

I think people whose work is based on subjective creativity are often their own worst critics. It's like a delicate balance of egotism and insecurity. I absolutely hate 90 percent of my stories just because I'm so hard on myself. Only once in a while do I actually think "damn, this is fucking good," and even then I'm still insecure about it. And my work is hardly as creative as writing and performing songs like a band does.

They've actually performed it only once. I mean, I'm not crazy about it. But I'm surprised only once.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2011/the-studio-at-webster-hall-new-york-ny-13d1ad41.html

I don't believe that's been confirmed.

• Like 4

They've actually performed it only once. I mean, I'm not crazy about it. But I'm surprised only once.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2011/the-studio-at-webster-hall-new-york-ny-13d1ad41.html

Don't think that ever happened.

I think people whose work is based on subjective creativity are often their own worst critics. It's like a delicate balance of egotism and insecurity. I absolutely hate 90 percent of my stories just because I'm so hard on myself. Only once in a while do I actually think "damn, this is fucking good," and even then I'm still insecure about it. And my work is hardly as creative as writing and performing songs like a band does.

I don't believe that's been confirmed.

You put it to words perfectly!

• Like 2

Once in a while I do it right, eh? :D

You could actually be doing it right very often, it just a tiny differentiation between us when it comes to, er, status updates. :D

Not to make this a spammy post, here's an unpopular opinion (maybe).

I like the trashy/shitty sound of the first two albums. The poor sound quality just gives them... character.

• Like 3

You could actually be doing it right very often, it just a tiny differentiation between us when it comes to, er, status updates. :D

Not to make this a spammy post, here's an unpopular opinion (maybe).

I like the trashy/shitty sound of the first two albums. The poor sound quality just gives them... character.

I too am a fan of the raw sound. Not the try-hard raw sound of the trilogy, but the genuine stuff. Listening to those first two albums, unpolished, is wonderful.

• Like 1

I would agree with you except that I don't like Kerplunk's guitar tone at all.

• Like 1

For quite a while I didn't really like the sound of the Lookout albums, but then one day I just thought "wait a minute, this is great".

• Like 3

I vehemently disagree. Why do you think that?

I dunno really. It's not the worst on the album, but I've never really liked it. As good as 21st CBD is, it's a little too long in my book, and that is one of the songs that would be culled in my opinion.

About 21st Century Breakdown, I've just realised how See The Light is a poor closing song for such an amazing album, definitely the weakest track imo

• Like 1

About 21st Century Breakdown, I've just realised how See The Light is a poor closing song for such an amazing album, definitely the weakest track imo

I can say with confidence that I've never listened to that song in full.

• Like 1

RHS should have been the closer.

• Like 2

• lizziebix featured this topic