Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

I don't want to hear them, but I doubt her vocal abilities are much different in those ;)

They are, she wasn't particularly good at Green Day songs :P

so based off that video i have come to the conclusion that billie tends to sing in a northern accent. maybe it's just me but her pronunciation didn't seem to differ from billie's at all.

• Like 1

North of what location?

north of south. :P

nah a northern accent usually refers to an english northern accent (although there are several different variations). look for mine or tom's post in the accent game thread in shenanigans for two examples of different northern accents. the north, by the way, is anything above sheffield.

Also dangerously emotionally continent and generally repressed.

If that's the criteria for being northern, then I'm more northern than I thought. None of my UK-based family is from any further north than Birmingham though, so I don't know where I get it from.

Yeah, I'm with Lil. I was waiting for some dramatic moment where her accent just really diverged from what I was expecting, and the moment never came.

That's so weird. I would share our BOBD cover to see if that's a general thing but it's so badly mixed it's embarrassing.

No One Knows is Mike's best ever bass work and arguably the best "slow" song they've ever done. Discuss.

i wouldnt go as far to say its mikes best bass work, however it's damn good.

A stand out song with incredible bass work on it is something like Stuart and the avenue, that being said they're a lot more songs that have great bass on them. Neither would I say no one knows is there best "slow" song.

• Like 1

i wouldnt go as far to say its mikes best bass work, however it's damn good.

A stand out song with incredible bass work on it is something like Stuart and the avenue, that being said they're a lot more songs that have great bass on them. Neither would I say no one knows is there best "slow" song.

I guess it depends what you like when it comes to bass. I guess it's not his most melodic but I like the whole arpeggio thing, and it's a really interesting thing for them to have done. Songs like Stuart & The Avenue are awesome but it's a different style altogether, where he's throwing solos and fills everywhere rather than holding down the backbone of the song yet still standing out.

Similarly: On a non-technical level, Christie Road is Billie's best vocal performance.

I guess it depends what you like when it comes to bass. I guess it's not his most melodic but I like the whole arpeggio thing, and it's a really interesting thing for them to have done. Songs like Stuart & The Avenue are awesome but it's a different style altogether, where he's throwing solos and fills everywhere rather than holding down the backbone of the song yet still standing out.

Similarly: On a non-technical level, Christie Road is Billie's best vocal performance.

I find it dearly difficult to give his best vocal performances in the studio, songs like 80 are great though, but that's just one that's comes to mind, give me more time and I'm sure I'll find better.
  • Like 1

I find it dearly difficult to give his best vocal performances in the studio, songs like 80 are great though, but that's just one that's comes to mind, give me more time and I'm sure I'll find better.

Restless Heart Syndrome is easily his best on a technical level but you have to go back to the really early material for raw emotion.

Restless Heart Syndrome is easily his best on a technical level but you have to go back to the really early material for raw emotion.

couldnt agree more, kerplunk (80 for example) is full of raw emotion and energy, and I guess the lyrics are so relatable on 1039 and kerplunk for me being in my mid teens. Restless heart syndrome and rusty James are two newer songs that also have great vocals.

Who else here think the static age is one of green days most underrated songs?

• Like 1

couldnt agree more, kerplunk (80 for example) is full of raw emotion and energy, and I guess the lyrics are so relatable on 1039 and kerplunk for me being in my mid teens. Restless heart syndrome and rusty James are two newer songs that also have great vocals.

Who else here think the static age is one of green days most underrated songs?

I think American Idiot has a ton of emotion vocally as well.

I like the verses of Static Age but not so much the chorus. It would have benefited from some trimming at the end too.

I think American Idiot has a ton of emotion vocally as well.

I like the verses of Static Age but not so much the chorus. It would have benefited from some trimming at the end too.

the lyrics and the entire setup of the static age in my opinion is pure genius

• lizziebix featured this topic