Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Lmao

I always say Bob Dylan is possibly the greatest lyricist but man that voice...

Yep. Like a duck with a baseball bat up its arse.

He's beautiful. :mad: Not technically perfect, but beautiful.

Somewhere out there is a tree tirelessly producing oxygen so he can sing. I think he owes it an apology.

While we're on the subject, "You were always there when I needed help. The beach is deserted except for some kelp." Glorious. :mellow:

• Like 2

Yep. Like a duck with a baseball bat up its arse.

Haha that's why I always try to find cover versions of Dylan's work

• Like 1

If I were his friend or relative, I'd of course tell him to spend his life staying healthy and with friends and family. However, as a fan who really only experiences him through music, if him not drinking makes my experience worse, that takes from my experience. I also like really good fruit, which requires a lot of hard work from farmers to produce. I could be unselfish and tell them to not work and give me shitty fruit, but that would ruin my experience. Billie is more than a person. He's a product in himself, and I treat him just like anything or anyone else who produces something I consume.

This is quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever read, and I wish I could use brain bleach to erase it from my mind.

• Like 2

Why?

It cuts out the guitar intro and goes right into the "Oh Love...oh love". Same thing for after the solo. It makes the song sound more urgent.

It cuts out the guitar intro and goes right into the "Oh Love...oh love". Same thing for after the solo. It makes the song sound more urgent.

The guitar intro is one of only two things I really like about it :P

• Like 1

I like having the little break after the solo, but I agree about the intro. That's the way they played it on GMA too.

The guitar intro is one of only two things I really like about it :P

I don't have anything against the guitar intro, but I like it starting with vocals.

I like having the little break after the solo, but I agree about the intro. That's the way they played it on GMA too.

I don't have anything against the guitar intro, but I like it starting with vocals.

I'd prefer the post solo guitar to go away and the intro to stay.

Not sure how "unpopular" of an opinion this is, but I'd like the next Green Day album to be in the vein of songs like Blood Sex and Booze, Letterbomb and Murder City. I'd like it to be a more focused effort, the last 3 projects have been all over the place in terms of style and songwriting so Id like to see them make an album of 12-14 songs that remind everybody why they started listening to Green Day in the first place. They don't need to prove anything to anyone anymore, they've been there and done that.

I think that Having a Blast is one of Green Day's best lyrically written songs...

I've always been surprised that it wasn't a more controversial song given its subject matter.

• Like 1

Schadenfreude is when you enjoy seeing people hurt or in misfortune. I don't look at Billie and like when he is drunk or hurting, I simply think he performs better under the influence. And since I do not have a personal relationship Billie and only have use for him in the entertainment category, I'd prefer a drunk Billie doing his job rather than a sober one who sucks. Green Day means a lot to me, but I have no real personal bond to Billie other than that I love his music and look up to his artistic accomplishments. So whatever it takes for him to be at his best in that department is all that matters to me.

Being drunk or sober isn't what makes Billie a good performer so it isn't even a choice between him being drunk/unhealthy and good or sober/healthy and not good :lol:. He's played good shows in all kinds of different states before he went through rehab - sober, a bit drunk, really drunk, stoned, on speed etc, to all kinds of different degrees, and with all kinds of other factors affecting his state of mind as well eg how tired he was, if he felt ill, the mood he was in. And probably a few bad ones in all kinds of different states as well. He's just a good front man (who could, like anyone, have not such a good show from time to time) whether he's under the influence of something or not.

I've always been surprised that it wasn't a more controversial song given its subject matter.

I guess it's written in such a way that people understand that it's metaphorical.

Was there a major hostage situation in 1994? If not, that'll be why :P

He's just a good front man (who could, like anyone, have not such a good show from time to time) whether he's under the influence of something or not.

Love you for this sentence. :wub:

I love how the post totals in this thread reflect opinions; Me, Zack, Kay, Graham and Tom are the top posters (primarily) coz of trilogy bashing, followed closely by Hermione (primarily) coz of trilogy loving :lol:

I'm easily pleased :happy:

• Like 3

6700 posts and Tom's made nearly 1000 of them :lol:

I thought my 400-odd was impressive. Definitely more than I've ever made in a spam thread :lol:

Wild One has one of the best and sexiest solos Green Day has ever written.

Hard to argue, I have maybe only once made it that far.

• Like 2

Have to agree with Sauli, it's hard to argue - only coz I don't even remember what it sounds like :lol:

• lizziebix featured this topic