Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

I think Billie's are pretty nicely done. He had some crappy ones that were covered by some good art so I don't think he's just like "eh whatever" about the quality. And simple isn't bad, don't get me wrong. I just think it would look way better with a bit more detail. There's a lot of range between a stick figure and the mona lisa, ya know? Maybe I'm biased just because I've seen a better one. To be fair though it's a tough image to come up with a "tattoo version" of.

EDIT: I think the photos of it were just not the best lighting or something because after seeing a nice close up of it on Mike's wife's head (see GD's insta) I think the design is WAY better than it looked initially. I take back what I said.

The tattoos were most likely a simple design so that they could be done quickly and so everyone was happy with it, not everyone wants something super detailed so maybe this was a compromise.

• Like 1

I'm not crazy about the tattoo itself, but still am happy Billie finally got some more ink.  And I love that they all got the same thing.  If Sara got the same tattoo also, I wonder if Adrienne and Brittney did too?

• Like 3

On 9/18/2017 at 8:46 PM, Montclare said:

I'm not crazy about the tattoo itself, but still am happy Billie finally got some more ink.  And I love that they all got the same thing.  If Sara got the same tattoo also, I wonder if Adrienne and Brittney did too?

Brittney is a badass and got it on the back/side of her head. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

Brittney is a badass and got it on the back/side of her head. 

What's the point of that though if you have to keep shaving the spot to see it? 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What's the point of that though if you have to keep shaving the spot to see it? 

I get the feeling that Brit likes tattoos just not in places that can be seen on her body at first glance. Take her Mike tattoo on the inside of her lip.

19 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

I get the feeling that Brit likes tattoos just not in places that can be seen on her body at first glance. Take her Mike tattoo on the inside of her lip.

That one is just gross.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lizziebix said:

Isn't she a model? Might not be a good career move to get ones that are easily visible. It's still badass though because both of those gotta hurt. 

• Like 2

BOBD is one of my least favourite GD songs. And I resent the fact that it became so successful - I feel like most of the people I know (whether they are GD fans or not) say that BOBD is the song that "defines" Green Day, purely because it's one of their most successful songs. I find it so frustrating because GD are so much more than that. They have so many songs that are way better than BOBD, imo, and I just feel like most people seems to overlook that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

BOBD is one of my least favourite GD songs. And I resent the fact that it became so successful - I feel like most of the people I know (whether they are GD fans or not) say that BOBD is the song that "defines" Green Day, purely because it's one of their most successful songs. I find it so frustrating because GD are so much more than that. They have so many songs that are way better than BOBD, imo, and I just feel like most people seems to overlook that.

Liam? Liam Gallagher is that you? 

• Haha 3

@WhiteTim I still chuckle about this even today. Liam (or maybe it was Noel) talking about not giving a sh*t when other artists claimed he ripped them off, saying something like: ''there's only so many chords/musical patterns out there, I don't give a sh*t, I'll just do my thing, f*ck the haters etc.''...

...and then preceding to claim BOBD sounds like Wonderwall, just because superficially it has the same chord structure in some places (like many many other pop/rock songs do too btw). The hypocrisy boggles my mind.

And as hard as I may try, I just can't see too many similarities between the two songs. Sorry Liam, I'll try better next time...

To respond to Gloria, I don't think BOBD defines Green Day, nor do I think it's their best song. But it's arguably quite a good song. I definitely would never think of it as their worst song, there's plenty other songs that would qualify here. So, I don't know, I guess I sit somewhere in the middle of that debate...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

To respond to Gloria, I don't think BOBD defines Green Day, nor do I think it's their best song. But it's arguably quite a good song. I definitely would never think of it as their worst song, there's plenty other songs that would qualify here. So, I don't know, I guess I sit somewhere in the middle of that debate...

Just to clarify, I don't think it's a bad song, I just don't think it's as good as everyone seems to make it out to be. It's more the reputation of the song than the actual song that irks me. :)

• Like 2

Oh, that's kind of what I think of ''21 Guns''. Because, whenever I ask a stranger if they know Green Day and they say yes (and I'm of course initially excited), that exact excitement instantly dies when they say: I know like ''21 Guns'' or that ''I walk alone'' song. Or people that say their favorite song by Green Day is ''21 Guns''... Really? Seriously? That song? Not any of the others? etc. etc. haha

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

I still chuckle about this even today. Liam (or maybe it was Noel) talking about not giving a sh*t when other artists claimed he ripped them off, saying something like: ''there's only so many chords/musical patterns out there, I don't give a sh*t, I'll just do my thing, f*ck the haters etc.''...

...and then preceding to claim BOBD sounds like Wonderwall, just because superficially it has the same chord structure in some places (like many many other pop/rock songs do too btw). The hypocrisy boggles my mind.

Just going to chime in here - it was Noel that said all of that, and I think even went as far as to sue GD over it. He's written a handful of catchy songs but none had any originality whatsoever, and his ego is out of this world.

(I'll always defend Liam because he's a puppy and would never even consider going to court claiming that he's invented the Em G D A chord progression.)

Unpopular opinion: I feel like Green Day's routine for their live shows is stale. We get it, we get pumped to Blitzkrieg Bop/Bohemian Rhapsody before they come on stage, then the drunk bunny, then the set list, then ending with Good Riddance. I just feel like things haven't changed in over ten years. I saw them a couple of weeks ago and the whole show for me was like muscle memory, but not necessarily in a good way. There were some awesome little moments, but for the most part, I knew everything that was gonna happen.

I know that being on tour and with being such a popular band, they have to stick to routine to make sure everything goes smoothly. But can't they change the routine? It's gotten old.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, so-unholy said:

Just going to chime in here - it was Noel that said all of that, and I think even went as far as to sue GD over it. He's written a handful of catchy songs but none had any originality whatsoever, and his ego is out of this world.

(I'll always defend Liam because he's a puppy and would never even consider going to court claiming that he's invented the Em G D A chord progression.)

Thanks I couldn’t remember if it was Liam or Noel at all